Old pool sign

BelleBelle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Was wondering if anyone knew anything about a sign I had just aquired. A friend of mine picked up a old appears to be 50's era metal sign outside of the Chicago area that reads " BENS BILLIARDS". The sign is about 2 feet by 5 feet. Appears to have been outside from the rust and weathered look. If anyone has info I would greatly appreciate it!

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
This a loooong shot but.....

Ben Nartzik

DOB-D: 1895 – 1963

“Purchased the National Billiard Chalk Company of Chicago and

lead the BCA in the 1950s to help the Boys Clubs of America and

the Association of College Unions to organize successful billiards

programs and annual tournaments”

Ben Nartzik
1895 - 1963
Inducted 1967

BEN NARTZIK will always be remembered for his tireless crusade to revive billiards from its severe doldrums in the 1950s. Nartzik deserves a lion's share of the credit for ridding the game of its "pool hall" image and re-establishing its status as a "gentleman's sport." Under his leadership, the BCA was able to help both the Boys Club of America and the Association of College Unions to organize billiard programs and run successful annual tournaments. Nartzik recognized the potential of the industry and bought the National Billiard Chalk Co. of Chicago.

BelleBelle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks Cuebuddy! I will look into this. Very interesting! The sign is very old it will make a nice addition to my home room!