Older Pool Halls

DelawareDogs

The Double Deuce…
Silver Member
I'm from Georgia and I generally have no hesitation about walking into any pool hall anywhere for the first time, but the look of that Cedartown pool hall scares me. The outside appearance (i.e. no signage whatsoever) suggests the place is not looking for more customers. Any reports about out-of-towners playing there?
It gives me the chills, too... looking at that place. But what the hell, man. I'll go in there with ya!:LOL: If only for just a second. If we get a bad vibe, or see a ghost, then we're hauling butt outta there.

I was just thinking, wouldn't it be really cool if when you open the doors, it's nothing but a quiet, extremely well kept pool room.

DelawareDogs

The Double Deuce…
Silver Member
You know it's bad when you have to walk into the pool hall like........

ghostbusters-four-rooftop-sticks.jpg

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
Come on Fellas...it probably an OK joint. After all it has the only tree on the block, on that side of the street.

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Does it have an address?
Maybe it's a big secret and you don't want anyone to go there. I myself would love to find a cool location like that and visit.

So in the interest of time, I just google drove the whole way down main street in Cedartown until I found a glass squares place. If I walk into that door and there's a pool hall, I'd be pleasantly shocked.

View attachment 585694
That is it. But most people park around back and go in the side door.

DelawareDogs

The Double Deuce…
Silver Member
That is it. But most people park around back and go in the side door.
Wow! That's truly amazing. I would love to take a trip out there soon and see what the room looks like.
Talk about a place to go get lost in, no one knows what it's even called!!!

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Wow! That's truly amazing. I would love to take a trip out there soon and see what the room looks like.
Talk about a place to go get lost in, no one knows what it's even called!!!
It goes back to when women were not allowed. There is a long trough style urinal with a short wall between it and the pool room part where you can stand to do your business with your back to the pool room. They do have a regular bathroom also now. They are only open a few hours a day and I have not kept up with their hours.

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I'm from Georgia and I generally have no hesitation about walking into any pool hall anywhere for the first time, but the look of that Cedartown pool hall scares me. The outside appearance (i.e. no signage whatsoever) suggests the place is not looking for more customers. Any reports about out-of-towners playing there?
I have never heard about anyone getting hurt there. People from all over the country have come there to play, because before he got too old there was a local guy who would play anyone for big money, if they gave him enough weight. He could play upper level B player speed. So many came. Some left busted and others left loaded. Last match up I heard of he took the break and the seven from Johnny Archer. I called the owner and found out he opens at 4 Pm daily and around 2 on Saturdays. Closed Sundays. He closes when business dies off for the evening. You should not be afraid to go there. Wayne the owner is a nice guy and most often there are just a few locals playing snooker or pool.
The address is
514 S MAIN ST CEDARTOWN, GA 30125
and they are still in the online phone book as Brunswick Billiards.

Last edited:

DelawareDogs

The Double Deuce…
Silver Member
I have never heard about anyone getting hurt there. People from all over the country have come there to play, because before he got too old there was a local guy who would play anyone for big money, if they gave him enough weight. He could play upper level B player speed. So many came. Some left busted and others left loaded. Last match up I heard of he took the break and the seven from Johnny Archer. I called the owner and found out he opens at 4 Pm daily and around 2 on Saturdays. Closed Sundays. He closes when business dies off for the evening. You should not be afraid to go there. Wayne the owner is a nice guy and most often there are just a few locals playing snooker or pool.
The address is
Thank you so much for the details. Helps a lot.

Logandgriff

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
The address is
Thanks for the info. I'm planning to go and I'll report back when I do.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
It gives me the chills, too... looking at that place. But what the hell, man. I'll go in there with ya!:LOL: If only for just a second. If we get a bad vibe, or see a ghost, then we're hauling butt outta there.

I was just thinking, wouldn't it be really cool if when you open the doors, it's nothing but a quiet, extremely well kept pool room.
Small world....ran into this browsing....somebody’s uncle had a vending business...this poolhall was one of his accounts....his uncle kept his pool cue in the machine...he didn’t want his wife to know that he still played pool for money.....and the room was a good place to play in.

B3DC9992-7D41-4FFF-91EC-E816F9AC172B.jpeg

DelawareDogs

The Double Deuce…
Silver Member
Small world....ran into this browsing....somebody’s uncle had a vending business...this poolhall was one of his accounts....his uncle kept his pool cue in the machine...he didn’t want his wife to know that he still played pool for money.....and the room was a good place to play in.

View attachment 586721
I've got to hear more stories about this place! Better yet, go and make some stories of my own in there. Dying to see what the inside looks like.

Ssonerai

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
According to their FB page a new owner is in charge, Kris Peck is the name. Still open.

(Above refers to my post #48 about Triangle Billiards in Endicott, NY closing. - Not so.)

Finally made it over there to get my second covid shot couple weekends ago.
Practiced for a couple hours after noon on saturday. Observations: (confirmed by my wife :) ) restroom still as immaculate as Nick kept it. Rest of room seems a little "tireder". Table 4/Anniversary i played on not quite as well as Nick kept them - obvious ridge between slates at one end. But generally nice tables, nice old style room. GC, Diamond, Anniversary 9 ft (4 total 9' tables) in front. They took our the 3c table to put in a couple bar boxes in back. :( Nick was not open on Sundays, new owner says they are.

We walked up the street for lunch and spotted another new room on the other side (same side as Triangle, couple blocks up).
I commented :"this place is a pool mecca" "wonder how long that will last". Always had Triangle, and Guys & dolls a few blocks over. Now a 3rd room? Stopped in to investigate after very late lunch. New place was hopping with players, and tables still being set up. That's when we found out it was G & D, moved. They had to relocate after losing lease in the old place.

So not 3 rooms in Endicott, NY, but still 2. Both are smallish, but nice to have them.

smt

9andout

Gunnin' for a 3 pack!!
Silver Member
Awesome. On my list now for sure! "Closed on Sundays" sign. Lol
*I jumped the gun. The list is LONG now.
This is a great thread!

Last edited:

9andout

Gunnin' for a 3 pack!!
Silver Member
Anyone know of any TV or Movie scenes that any of these old rooms were used in?

9andout

Gunnin' for a 3 pack!!
Silver Member
"Used to be your nice average bad neighborhood, now look at it"

"I mean, on your pool hall scales of 1-10, how do you rate this one?" :cool:
If Gar isn't up to it I'll go quote for quote with ya!😂
Don't wanna hijack this great thread though!