OMEGA CUE CASE VS JB CUE CASE-

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One of the reasons I started JB Cases was to address the issues that I was prevented from improving when I owned Instroke.

since you're here, how are the rugged cases with rain? i live in rainy, snowy scandinavia and i walk to the pool hall. i use a faux leather case now and it does good in that matter but has other flaws.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
love love love my 4x8 rugged military camo

Attachments

• jb.jpg
    jb.jpg
    160.8 KB · Views: 85
  • jb1.jpg
    jb1.jpg
    234.8 KB · Views: 79

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
since you're here, how are the rugged cases with rain? i live in rainy, snowy scandinavia and i walk to the pool hall. i use a faux leather case now and it does good in that matter but has other flaws.

Very good. I have shown people that they are water resistant by standing them in pouring rain with my cues inside.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
You owned the company and the owner would not let you make changes? I would have loved to see that argument in person ;)
At that time I had taken on partners and every change was a "debate". Lesson: never give up control of your company if you want to have the final say.

I tend to trust too much and think that people will honor what they say.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Sometimes it is best to keep yout thoughts to self, then make self look like FOOL you are.

So you arrprently do not like John, why he refused to make you a case because you are an ASSHAT?
David is just playing with me I am sure. Although he is right about my wife being way above my pay grade. I think though that if she were asked her answers as to what she sees in me might surprise some people.

David in FL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sometimes it is best to keep yout thoughts to self, then make self look like FOOL you are.

So you arrprently do not like John, why he refused to make you a case because you are an ASSHAT?
Well, I‘ve certainly been called an asshat before, but in this case I’m messing with John. 😁

I’m a big fan of both he, Karen, and especially their cases.

Last edited:

SSDiver2112

2b || !2b t^ ?

Mostly to protect the embroidery, I put Scotch Guard on mine. I sprayed it everywhere since I figured it would help protect everything. A lot of pool places can be a bit dingy and there is always the risk of a spilled drink.

SSDiver2112

2b || !2b t^ ?
Do not know when you don’t order from John, then it can be tweaked just like you want it.

John offers all sort of Custom options, secret pockets, C/B holder etc. The list is long.

You bring up a good point in the versus debate.

JB's Customization is a huge plus. If you are really only wanting a storage case then you can order a 4 x 8 with no pockets or extras for $100. That beats Omega hands down.

Just pay for as little or as much as you want. Customization is not just about colors and art, it's also about utility. Add straps, clips and D-rings where ever is beneficial to you. You can make the pockets as big or small as you like and you can put them anywhere, front, back where ever. One guy a league has the long pocket stacked on top of another long pocket. It's all ala-cart so do as much or little as you want.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
I just wish they(jb) had a darker green available, seems to just be the neon light green

PoolFan101

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
John , I agree you have the best case going. May Ask you a question. Is a case with Satin Lined Divders a good choice or is the hard tubes better for protection. I see were you menion cues rattling back and fourth and I have seen some hard tube cases that lets them do that. The Satin Dividers would seem to keep the cue more stable. I do like the Sping loaded option on the hard tubes tho.

Samiel

Sea Player
Silver Member
JB cases are amazing quality. I had an Instroke for years. That said, I bought an Acme because I was at the store and it was the only thing I could find that looked worth buying. I bought a 2x4 and I honestly believe it will protect my cues fine through most normal circumstances. I think a larger case with more cues would need more protection though.

SSDiver2112

2b || !2b t^ ?
JB cases are amazing quality. I had an Instroke for years. That said, I bought an Acme because I was at the store and it was the only thing I could find that looked worth buying. I bought a 2x4 and I honestly believe it will protect my cues fine through most normal circumstances. I think a larger case with more cues would need more protection though.
In this 'case' size doesn't matter... :)

What difference does it make if it's two cues or four cues banging together? They are still hitting each other even under normal circumstances.

I got my first case for about $35 because I needed something to carry them in. My first cue wasn't worth much, so I didn't want to spend much. Once I got a cue that was worth more and meant something to me I was more aware of what I was putting them in. My first case was a Styrofoam 'tube' type, I tore it apart reinforced the bottom and padded the hard plastic top to reduce the rattling. I started looking for a better case and had Acme and similar type cases on my list. Not long after I discovered JB, but have to admit I had a little sticker shock at first. After seeing the insides of many other cases I believe the one I had actually protected my cues better at $35. at least they weren't hitting each other. Once I saw the value in the JB interior I decided they were worth it and I would be wasting money with the others. No regrets it was worth it.

Samiel

Sea Player
Silver Member
In this 'case' size doesn't matter... :)

What difference does it make if it's two cues or four cues banging together? They are still hitting each other even under normal circumstances.
I do think it makes a difference. A 2x4 Acme case by itself has a decent amount of protection for two cues. This may not be the case for a 4x8 or something similar. The difference is the amount cue mass vs padding and case mass. More cues are going to bang around with less protection. My 2x4 Acme is pretty compact and hardly anything moves. I don't think I could say the same for a larger case.

But I think in any case, most would agree that a JB Case offers more protection and is worth it if you value your cues highly. If you're playing with cheap cues, having a case more expensive than your cues might not make sense.