On The Road Again with Perfect Aim....

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One man, a van and the road............Perfect.....

Gene,
AZ Billiards has never had a player traveling on the road like you are doing, trying to grind out a living.

This is a fascinating chapter in the life of AZ Billiards and it is great to have a real-time chronicle of life on the road.

Here's hoping you and any of the brave souls that try to make it one the road with you, will have plenty of back-bone, common sense and that they learn fast. As you said, the road has beat many a pool player into submission.

Here's wishing you and any of your young stalwart students only the very best.

Well, I got stuck up in Minneapolis giving lessons that's a good thing, and inbetween helped my brother side his house. He needed help with the higher up part but I for the most part stayed on the ground. OSHA would have been proud of me. Goggles and respirator on all the time. I did have to climb the ladder to hand him pieces of siding and cut the cement board siding with a skill saw. I feel like a thief though. I escaped with all my fingers. My luck is changing.

Maybe I can shake that new nickname Joey A gave me at Four bears BEFORE IT GETS STUCK ON ME..

ROADKILL#@^%*&%#$&.........:p:smile:

Just drove down to Davenport, Iowa to Sharkeys billiards. They got a great tourney going on this weekend.

Can't wait to meet the owner tomorrow and give a few Perfect aim lessons. Kind of nice to hit a few balls on the tables there also. Maybe I'll get some action.

Pretty tired right now. We really pushed the siding the last 2 days. Couple days rest with some action and I'll be pumped.

Got a great room across from the poolroom. Got a whirlpool also. That siding business is tough action. I'll be soaking out some soreness over the next few days.

715-563-8712. Anyone that wants to schedule a lesson call or just come down to Sharkeys. That's where home will be for at least a week for sure.

Good night or I guess it's morning. 9 hours sleep and we'll be ready to rock and roll.

Pool tourny, a few lessons and the road. it don't get any better than that. :rolleyes:

The8reader

does this help! haha
Silver Member
hey gene you prob heard that the rack is closing in minot nd... sucks the big one. i did miss out on your lessions. was a shame, i had to work and you seemed booked. now i have no hang out... and making a big move to MT, hope i can find a 9' there.. i have heard great things about this system and the dvd. so i maby be ordering soon if i can fit it into my budget.. you are doing a g reat thing and dont let anyone tell you any different.

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My son plays for the Cincy Bearscats Offensive Lineman

Gene, you ever make as far as Ohio?

Hi there Jeff,
I will be getting over there somehow this fall. This is Roney's first year starting. he's redshirted for 2 years already. He's 6'2" 280 lbs. Big strong kid. When he was 9 years old and he would pick something up I would just say to myself, you got to be kidding. He just had raw strength. Now that he works out I can't imagine trying to stop him from going forward if he wants to. It just ain't fair?

They should have a pretty good team this year once they get the quarterback spot figured out for sure. And they might have already. i havn't kept up on that.

August, Sept or October. I'll be posting on here when i go there and I will for sure.

So you in a few months.

Thanks for asking. geno.........

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry i missed you........

hey gene you prob heard that the rack is closing in minot nd... sucks the big one. i did miss out on your lessions. was a shame, i had to work and you seemed booked. now i have no hang out... and making a big move to MT, hope i can find a 9' there.. i have heard great things about this system and the dvd. so i maby be ordering soon if i can fit it into my budget.. you are doing a g reat thing and dont let anyone tell you any different.

Good luck with your move and i hope somehow Mike Purdue keeps something going in Minot. i know he's looking for another building. You never know, he might find something even better and nicer and less money.

I did a recount on the lessons in Minot and it actually was 26. That's alot of lessons. Alot of nice people in the pool world there and I almost hated to leave. Everyone trying to help everyone.

I'm i Davenport right now and already got a few set up. If the word spreads like it did in Minot I should be pretty busy.

Call me for the free phone lesson. You'ld be amazed at how well that works. 715-563-8712 talk to you soon. geno And Thanks.....

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Motel TROLL will get you...need to avoid !!!

keep up the good work geno! your pool stories are enjoyable to read :) in this thread alone tells you whats wrong with pool these days and why its going down hill! :(

Hi there Champ and thanks for the great input.

Had an interesting thing happen here at the motel here in Davenport. When i go to a town I shop around for a motel room and try to make the cheapest deal i can. If you get the room for a week many of them will cut you a deal between 200 and 250.

I got here at 3:30 in the morning. I know the Days Inn is not full so this is where the dealing pays off. The daily rate is 75 if i remember right and the girl tells me the weekly rate is 55 per night. I tell her immediately that this is to high. By the time we put on the tax we're up to 400 per week.

I turn to leave and she says I should check back with the manager in the morning. I told her I need a room right now and turn again to walk away. She quickly replies how does 257 for the week sound. I told her sounds good. Told her I'll be right back. Need to go to walmart and pick up some food.

Got back and got the room. Had to check 3 rooms out before I found a non smoking room that didn't smell like smoke. Yuck.

Then i started hauling in all my stuff. This takes about an hour to get everything in and set up shop. Finally i get to bed at around 6:15AM.

If i sleep 9 hours, which I terribly need after driving 8, I will be getting up at around 3:15 PM. I have sleep apnea and being diabetic i really need my sleep to function well the next day.

At 10:00 AM the phone rings and it sounds like a warning from a tornado siren only it's right next to my head. I just about did a summersault I jumped so high in the bed.

I answered the phone and it was the manager of the motel. She wanted to discuss my room rate. I was pissed. I needed my sleep.

I told her I had gotten to sleep at 6:15 and I can't believe you just woke me up. I have the do not disturb sign on the door. Please let me sleep .Thank you.

Now it's 5:20 and I could not get back to sleep as hard as I tried. I just feel fried.

Bottom line is that this happens to us pool players all the time whether it be at a tournament or having to get up and gamble with someone.

I call them MOTEL TROLLS. It could be the manager or it could be the cleaning person knocking on the door to clean the room. Or it could just be another person staying at the motel trying to get in the wrong room and even just slamming doors when leaving.

The difference of you winning that match could have been that 2 hours of good sleep that you didn't get because of the Trolls.

So no matter where you go to play here or there always tell the person at the desk that you don't want to be disturbed. If they don't have do not disturb signs for the door make your own.

I've been knocked out of many tournaments by the Motel Trolls. They come in all forms and sizes. And they strike when you least expect it.

If there was a thread about this I'll bet everyone has a bunch of horror stories about the Motel TROLL.

Getting ready to do battle with my most recent troll before I head over to Sharkeys. I hope things turn out well or I'm going to have to find a new room.

Anyway. Avoid the Motel Trolls. They are a no win situation for sure?

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
What you need Gene, is "patrons" who will give you a room when you are staying in their particular town in exchange for your premiere pool lessons.

Gene is good people for whoever might consider this out there.

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Would be kind of tough I think.......

What you need Gene, is "patrons" who will give you a room when you are staying in their particular town in exchange for your premiere pool lessons.

Gene is good people for whoever might consider this out there.

Thanks for the gesture Joey. It's just easier to get a room with all my stuff. I get out of the poolrooms late and sleep late. Plus i wouldn't want to be in anyones way.

But the point I was making is that many players going everywhere play bad sometimes because of things that happen so they don't get enough sleep. We need to do everything we possibly can to make sure we get enough uninterupted rest while on the road or at a tournament.

Thanks Joey A

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Had a kind of interesting day. Met an old friend. Joe Villaponda.

About 5 minutes into our conversation the topic came up about how he thought the dominant eye didn't matter. Some article that he had seen or read where some eye doctor did some kind of test and said it didn't matter. My comment to Joe was I'll bet that doctor didn't play pool?

I told Joe the Doc was all wet. I wanted to see Joes kicking system and it didn't take long to get to the table.

To make a long story short. Little Joe V is 100% Perfect Aim player now. His exact words are the shot just looks better. That dominant eye does make all the difference. We played some on the 9 footer there and he was just rifling in the shots just like a kid, even the ones he said he usually had trouble with. Especially the straight in shots.

The other side of the coin. I only got to see about 1/2 of Joes kicking techniques. I can't wait to see the rest. I had to give a lesson and got cut short.

With his methods you not only try to hit the ball but are trying to make it. Works pretty good. And it's simple.

We both got some new clubs in our bag today. And the clubs we have in our bags we share with everyone as teachers of the game.

What a great day. Tomorrow Jesse Bowman is playing somebody giving them a spot.

Who knows? after playing jesse they might want to play an old man. Might be fun.

It don't get any better than this.

Last edited:

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just another kind of boring day so it seemed. But it got better. jesse Bowmans opponent that he was going to give the 7, 8, and the break never showed.

Got to miller time about 5:00. pretty quiet. There was Joe V sitting at the bar. . We went over and played on one of the bar tables. They play kind of different. Real fast and bouncy rails. I like tables that play like this but need to do some serious adjusting.

By 7:00 the place was pretty full. Terry the manager, came over and asked if Joe and myself wanted to play in the handicap 9 ball tourny. we both said of course. Players were rated 3,4,or 5. race to 5. What a nice treat.

The 2 hours of practice on these tables paid off. It was only an $8.00 entry and miller time added about 70 so first place was about $68 to be exact. Nice little tune up for the Sat tourny.

The lessons are going kind of slow. Only gave 2 so far in 2 days but scheduled 3 tonight. 2 for tomorrow and one for next monday. Hopefully that will start the fire.

Even though i have played in thousands of tournys in my life I still get excited as the start gets closer. This is going to be a good one. I think they already have ton of players and wouldn't be surprised if they get 128. That would be great!

Good night everyone.

Last edited:

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great time and great pool.........

Just another kind of boring day so it seemed. But it got better. jesse Bowmans opponent that he was going to give the 7, 8, and the break never showed.

Got to miller time about 5:00. pretty quiet. There was Joe V sitting at the bar. . We went over and played on one of the bar tables. They play kind of different. Real fast and bouncy rails. I like tables that play like this but need to do some serious adjusting.

By 7:00 the place was pretty full. Terry the manager, came over and asked if Joe and myself wanted to play in the handicap 9 ball tourny. we both said of course. Players were rated 3,4,or 5. race to 5. What a nice treat.

The 2 hours of practice on these tables paid off. It was only an $8.00 entry and miller time added about 70 so first place was about $68 to be exact. Nice little tune up for the Sat tourny.

The lessons are going kind of slow. Only gave 2 so far in 2 days but scheduled 3 tonight. 2 for tomorrow and one for next monday. Hopefully that will start the fire.

Even though i have played in thousands of tournys in my life I still get excited as the start gets closer. This is going to be a good one. I think they already have ton of players and wouldn't be surprised if they get 128. That would be great!

Good night everyone.

Well the tourny is over and I did't win but they deffinitely knew I was there.

Bobby McGrath won it with Chad Vilmont second.

I lost to Bobby in my second match hill hill. I broke up some balls and looked like I was out when the cue ball rolled up kind of freakishly and froze on the 8 ball leaving me no shot at 4 pretty much open balls.

Then lost to Chad later on.

MEMORIAL DAY CLASSIC RESULTS:
1st Bobby Mcgrath $696.00/$755.00
2nd Chad Vilmont $450.00/$450.00
3rd Mike Dunklin $300.00/$250.00
4th Ron Martin $200.00/$150.00
5th-6th Mike Laporte, Josh Johnson $100.00 each
7th-8th Lil Joe Villalpando, Gene Albrecht $75.00 each
9th-12th Shane Kelly, Steve Parlow, Don Neckel,Anthony Garcia $60.00 each

These guys at Miller Time ran a great tourny. Went smooth and there was no problems that i could see. Just a great time.

Well back to doing lessons. Got one today and 2 tomorrow.

Plan on going over to Big Dogs next weekend for their tourny over there.

Don't get any better than this. Still trying to win one. It will happen again I hope. Just need to keep focused and stay on track.

Thanks Terry and Biggy and everyone else for a great tournament and creating alot of fun for everyone.

Snapshot9

son of 3 leg 1 eye dog ..
Silver Member
Gene

I am 64, and have played for 50 years. I am mostly a barbox player.
We have organized things in Wichita where we are ranking players sort of like they do in boxing, and we have Saturday night challenge matches for $500/1,000. Nomally, 5 sets of 9 ball, race to 7. It is an event at Stix every week. My problem is, although I grew up on 9 foot tables, I have just played barboxes for most of my life, and the Challenge matches can be on a big table or barbox, but they prefer and stress the big table. We have a commentator hooked up to Facebook, and a rack girl, and we film it and the matches are put on Youtube.

I plan to participate next year in the Challenge matches after my pension kicks in, but my problem is I have only shot twice in 9 years on a big table.
I can make a ball or two, but I would not feel comfortable gambling on a big table. I am only 5'7", and I hate to have to use a rake all the time on a big table. My question is this, Can perfect aim help me to get adjusted back to the big table in a short amount of time?

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Absolutely Mr Snapshot............

I am 64, and have played for 50 years. I am mostly a barbox player.
We have organized things in Wichita where we are ranking players sort of like they do in boxing, and we have Saturday night challenge matches for $500/1,000. Nomally, 5 sets of 9 ball, race to 7. It is an event at Stix every week. My problem is, although I grew up on 9 foot tables, I have just played barboxes for most of my life, and the Challenge matches can be on a big table or barbox, but they prefer and stress the big table. We have a commentator hooked up to Facebook, and a rack girl, and we film it and the matches are put on Youtube.

I plan to participate next year in the Challenge matches after my pension kicks in, but my problem is I have only shot twice in 9 years on a big table.
I can make a ball or two, but I would not feel comfortable gambling on a big table. I am only 5'7", and I hate to have to use a rake all the time on a big table. My question is this, Can perfect aim help me to get adjusted back to the big table in a short amount of time?

Yes it can.

On the bar table with many short shots a player can get by with just being close to the correct position to a certain extent.

On the big table you need to be in the correct position or it can seem almost impossible. Once you learn why and how perfect aim works you can envision every shot correctly.

I will be going down to Kansas City in the near future. I have so many friends there. it will be a great time. I lived there for about 7 years. If everything goes right i will be there in about a month or so.

After 15 minutes of the Perfect Aim lesson you will know that is the best investment you ever made for yourself in pool. And you will be able to see it with your own eyes. Seeing is believing.

Hope you get ahold of me when I'm down there. looking forward to working there with you. Perfect Aim will get you there.

I'll be in Des Moines this thursday doing lessons before and after the tournament on sat.

Give me a call. 715-563-8712 geno........

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Got some action last night.

Went back down to the pool hall to give a lesson and maybe play a pretty good player named Josh. I called him and said he'd try to get ahold of his backer and come down. I was a little disappointed because I know this might be a no show.

Little Joe is there and he looks like I feel after a tournament usually. Pretty dragged out. But I feel pretty good today. been working on taking care of my health. You see Joe Villaponda Little Joe is diabetic also. In 1980 to 85 we ran into each other frequently. Both on the road but the only time I ran into Joe uaually is when I would go through the quad cities.

All of a sudden some unexpected action comes up to the table. He introduces himself as Bruce. He wants to gamble. I don't know how the guy plays but I can see we're going to have some fun. I got Little Joe on the rail by my side and action that I have no idea how he plays but just like in the old days he's going to have to play real good to get the cash.

Now these game like this are very important if your trying to get ready for tournys. There are many shots you have to make when all the bananas are on the line. You need to make them when they come up just like in a tourny. There is no second chance. First time only.

He asked me what I wanted to play for and I told him $100 or $200 a set. Maybe race to 9. He says he likes the $100 option. Now with Little Joe by my side we are just like 2 little kids in the candy store. Joes sharing his insight on the situation and I'm sharing mine. We're on the same page all the time. This is just a fun treat.

we play the first set and it appears that Bruce doesn't play very good. I lay down a little and end up winning the set by about 9-5.

Little Joe is commenting to me on the side all his thoughts on what's going on here.

We start the second set and I take it easy the first 3 games and end up down 3-1. I start to feel some urgency here. I don't want to lose the set or I might not make anything. He might quit. I go to run out the next rack and the 6 ball skids on me and now it's 4-1.

Now Bruce shows some speed. he's out in front and he runs a rack. Now I'm down 5-1. Some of the guys in the room are watching the action from a distance, they thought I was going down.

Soon the score was 7-2. It turns out Bruce can play. Now the heat is on me.

Got to go give a lesson at 1:00. I'll finish the story later.

geno.

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
Went back down to the pool hall to give a lesson and maybe play a pretty good player named Josh. I called him and said he'd try to get ahold of his backer and come down. I was a little disappointed because I know this might be a no show.

Little Joe is there and he looks like I feel after a tournament usually. Pretty dragged out. But I feel pretty good today. been working on taking care of my health. You see Joe Villaponda Little Joe is diabetic also. In 1980 to 85 we ran into each other frequently. Both on the road but the only time I ran into Joe uaually is when I would go through the quad cities.

All of a sudden some unexpected action comes up to the table. He introduces himself as Bruce. He wants to gamble. I don't know how the guy plays but I can see we're going to have some fun. I got Little Joe on the rail by my side and action that I have no idea how he plays but just like in the old days he's going to have to play real good to get the cash.

Now these game like this are very important if your trying to get ready for tournys. There are many shots you have to make when all the bananas are on the line. You need to make them when they come up just like in a tourny. There is no second chance. First time only.

He asked me what I wanted to play for and I told him $100 or $200 a set. Maybe race to 9. He says he likes the $100 option. Now with Little Joe by my side we are just like 2 little kids in the candy store. Joes sharing his insight on the situation and I'm sharing mine. We're on the same page all the time. This is just a fun treat.

we play the first set and it appears that Bruce doesn't play very good. I lay down a little and end up winning the set by about 9-5.

Little Joe is commenting to me on the side all his thoughts on what's going on here.

We start the second set and I take it easy the first 3 games and end up down 3-1. I start to feel some urgency here. I don't want to lose the set or I might not make anything. He might quit. I go to run out the next rack and the 6 ball skids on me and now it's 4-1.

Now Bruce shows some speed. he's out in front and he runs a rack. Now I'm down 5-1. Some of the guys in the room are watching the action from a distance, they thought I was going down.

geno.

This is SO WRONG in so many ways. You and JoeV are hereby vanquished to the e-dog house.

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And now for the rest of the story............

geno.

Bruce breaks and scratches. Now I have to get out. i have to really focus because sometimes when you've been laying down a little it's easy to get off track. I know this plus I don't want him to get to the hill.

I play just about perfect the rest of the set. Didn't miss a ball. Beat him 9-7.

So he says he's done. I had to show everything I had to win that set.

We start talking about Perfect Aim of course, I'm trying to set up a lesson and Bruce tells me he's only got one eye. So I just show him what I know from working with some of the best one eyed players in the country. He was pretty amazed. He was just rifling the balls in. He could see why what I told him worked with his own eye.

Then I thought about what Joe V had said about Bruce being a 300 pounder. heck, I only won $200. So i told Bruce, i'll tell you what. I'm $200 ahead. i'll give you a shot at winning back $100. I'll give you 3 games on the wire to 9. And because I won the last set you get the first break.

Bruce says, i have to go for that. Well, what I showed Bruce must have really helped him because he didn't miss much at all. And I missed a couple of shots, that's all it took for me to get down 7-2.

I realized that I hadn't eaten for about 5 hours. I can't do that being diabetic, so i got a little snack bag from the bar that had cheerios, cranberrys and nuts in it. The sugar kicked in pretty quick and I felt much better. I was feeling a little shaky.

I have to go to work now because i can't let him get on the hill. I can't let him shoot because he's making the shots now.

I ended up winning the set 9-7. Bruce came up to me and says, I really had no shot after the score was 7-2. you just controlled the game.
I hadn't even realized that.

This is why we play these matches to try and get there to the top of our ability. This is where the real homework is done on the pool game. When you have a real reason to make the balls. Especially if it will cost you something if you lose.

Things turned out pretty good though. Bruce had a friend with him that had just started playing again. I gave him a Perfect aim lesson for free and worked some more with Bruce.

It turns out everyone came out good. I got the cash and some badly needed workout action and they got 2 Perfect Aim lessons for $300. Normally it would have been $400.

Bruce is going to be in DesMoines this weekend for the tourny at Big Dogs. . And he can play.

I was kind of glad it was over. I don't think I would like giving him 3 games all night long. But I would have kept playing. it wasn't all about the money but pushing myself to play as good and focused that I could.

Got to go. Need a catnap. Got to play Josh at around 9:00PM tonight. He called me and said his backer is ready to go. I don't know if I have the best of it but I'm going to find out. He doesn't want to play on the 9 footer. So i guess we'll play on the barbox.

Sounds like more fun. Lessons and action, lessons and action.

A guy at the poolhall asked me where home is? I told him right here. he said where do you live? I told him right here. He said where are you from? I told him Eau Claire Wi. but home for me is on the road. And if I'm by a table I am at home.

And to be honest, this game has changed so much over the years with so many nice people and players in the rooms now. I can't think of any place I would rather be than at Miller time in Davenport, Iowa right now.

Great little poolhall. Great management and nice people.

I'm leaving wed for DesMoines so if your looking for a Perfect Aim lesson call me quick or I'll be gone.

715-563-8712 or anyone on the way to DesMoine, I can do the lesson on the way.

Got to go. See ya later. geno......

Jeff M

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi there Jeff,
I will be getting over there somehow this fall. This is Roney's first year starting. he's redshirted for 2 years already. He's 6'2" 280 lbs. Big strong kid. When he was 9 years old and he would pick something up I would just say to myself, you got to be kidding. He just had raw strength. Now that he works out I can't imagine trying to stop him from going forward if he wants to. It just ain't fair?

They should have a pretty good team this year once they get the quarterback spot figured out for sure. And they might have already. i havn't kept up on that.

August, Sept or October. I'll be posting on here when i go there and I will for sure.

So you in a few months.

Thanks for asking. geno.........

If you're here in the fall then, I will definitely want some lessons. Hope to see you then.

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Last day in Davenport....

This will be my last day in davenport,
It's kind of funny but Joey A starts this thread on here about sharking and I got sharked to death last night.

Sat night at the end of the tourny one of the guys I was in a ring game with lit up a cig. It was like 3:00 AM in the morning so I think they thought they could get away with it. I told him I couldn't be around that and It would make me real sick. So he moved over 10 ft. Big deal. Pretty inconsiderate.

As soon as some of the others saw him lite up they lit one up. Now there were 4 or 5 smoking.

The delayed shark here is I ended up with an ear infection 2 days later. Happened before from being in a smoking tourny.

But the real sharking last night was by the guy I was playing.

Played Josh and he is standing by the side of the table, not in the way, talking to the people on the side while I'm shooting. I tried to ignore it but eventually it kind of wore me out. Then when he shoots he takes for ever even on the simplest shots. . During that time I'm as still as a mouse.

To make things worse these bar tables in there play real different. The rails are real springy and the cloth is real fast. Tough combination that takes alot of focus if you don't play on them all the time.

We only played races to 9 for $100. he didn't want to play for the $200 agreed to in the beginning.

I lose 2 sets. The first one was close, the second I was totally out of my game.

I'm going back tonight. I layed in bed draining my ear with a heating pad. I have kind of a cronic eye infection all the time from an ear surgery back in 1986 that didn't work out very well. The smoke sometimes just stirs it up. Just have to deal with it. At least now the ringing has quit, and were going to try it again tonight. I am going to invoke the chair rule and the no talking rule. And the bet will be $300 a set tonight. Wish it was $500.

But I'll see when I get there if it gets lowered to $100 again. Who knows, i might not want to play at all depending how my vision is with the ear trouble.

Little joe is playing one pocket with Jesse giving him 15 to 5 i heard. That sounds like alot considering Little Joe got himself a Perfect Aim lesson and was just firing in all the shots he said he was having trouble with. He was laughing and joking around with me about how he had thought before that the dominant eye didn't matter. He's left eye dominant.

I don't think jesse Bowman in liking this game at all. I'll find out when I get there at 8:30.

Little Joe is a true warrior though. He had eye surgery this morning to take care of some blood clots in his right eye. He's diabetic also. He's got to quit eating that darn McDonalds stuff. Poison for a diabetic.

I guess if Joe can play after that I guess i should be able to play with a little ear infection as long as i don't see double anymore.

Sounds like a fun night and a challenging one.

Off for more fun.

I check out of the motel tomorrow at noon. If anyone want to learn Perfect Aim before i go call me and it would have to be early afternoon.
I might be coming back to Davenport on june 9th for the 10 ball tourny. So if I miss someone I can take care of them then.

Have lessons set up in DesMoines already so i need to get there by thursday night.

Off to the races..................more fun........

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Got my butt kicked...........

Got my butt kicked but it wasn't all that bad. It was actually closer than what it appeared.

Josh showed up about 1 hour late. We agreed to play for $200 a set. Race to 9.

I'm ahead 6 to 3 and it appears I have things under control. I break the next rack and I have kind of a tough combo on the 9, or I could play a really good safe. I tried the 9 and missed. Josh ran out the set.

Should have played the safe. Big mistake. I didn't know Josh was capable of that.

We start the next set. I beat Josh 9-2 and pretty much kept control of the whole set.

I'm starting to feel a little weak. These first 2 sets took almost 4 1/2 hours. Josh plays awful slow. He'll study an almost straight in shot for 3 minutes before shooting. I check my blood sugar and I need to eat for sure. I brought a sandwich with me. i ate half of it. Normally this would be just about right for my sugar level but I bought a different type of bread. Plus I got this ear infection.

The combination of the 2 sent my blood sugar too high. I started feeling a little brain dead, shakey and missed a few easy outs. Should have quit after that set. was lucky to win a game. But you know us pool players, we're going to try and turn it around.

I lose 2 sets and played terrible and felt even worse physically. Welcome to the wonderful world of reality and diabetes.

If your diabetic you understand, if your not, you have no clue what it's like.

This is the main reason I'm having trouble winning a tournament. I beat the best players consistently and then i hit a spot where the blood sugar is out of wack and i couldn't beat anyone. The player that i play might as well be getting a bye.

Well, I'm going to keep trying and i'm going to keep teaching. My main goal out here is to teach players how to play better but it sure would be fun to win a tourny here or there.

I'm in DesMoines here at Big Dogs right now. That new place is beautiful. It kind of took my breath away mainly because I wasn't ready for what I saw.

The place is state of the art unbelievable.

Everyone needs to come here for this tourny here this weekend if for nothing else, hang out and enjoy the atmosphere.

See ya all there. geno............

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Big Dogs in DesMoines is Beautiful...Real Deal.......

What a great setup. I can see there was alot of thought put into this one.

As you walk in the front door there is about 12 or 14 7 ft diamonds to the left. Super Bar is to the right.

As you walk back further there are a bunch of valley tables, around 8, and then there are about 8 9 ft diamond tables with shimmed pockets. Not shimmed so much that you can't make the balls but just right.

There is plenty of comfortable seating and tonight when i was in there the place was just packed. This place is just what DesMoines and all the players here needed. WHAT A TREAT.

Every 1st of the month they are having a 9 ball tourny. $50 entry race to 9 with every penny of the prize money paid back. Plus there is no green fees. that's like adding 300 or 400.

At the same time they are having a free 8 ball tourny. That's right. No entry fee. Plus they are adding $500. race to 5 I think.

Is this sweet or what. And you can play in both of them. this will make for very little down time for the players. Need to get ready to play, play, and play.

Plus I showed randy and Rex a little Perfect aim and they're going to announce at the start of each tourny that i am going to be giving more lessons on Sunday thru wed. Sounds like I will be pretty busy.

It's fun being back in Des Moines. This was the forth city that I gave lessons in my first year on the road teaching Perfect Aim. 39 lessons to be exact. The ones that learned it back then are telling everyone that they need to take advantage of this. it don't get any better than word of mouth.

Got to get to sleep and see if I can win one of these tomorrow.

Dog Dogs Billiards, a little slice of pool heaven smack dab in the middle of Iowa.