One ball One pocket Rules

robsnotes4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I sat with SVB at a NDSU football game a couple of years ago and he mentioned playing Chris Gentile a $1000 a game One ball One Pocket. So late last night Jesse Engel, and our local Pro, Rory Hendrickson decided to play the game, but we were not exactly sure on some rules.

What happens if your scratch or foul in One Ball One Pocket? Does anyone have any rules? We would have called Shane but it was 3 am.

Thanks in advance

I sat with SVB at a NDSU football game a couple of years ago and he mentioned playing Chris Gentile a $1000 a game One ball One Pocket. So late last night Jesse Engel, and our local Pro, Rory Hendrickson decided to play the game, but we were not exactly sure on some rules.

What happens if your scratch or foul in One Ball One Pocket? Does anyone have any rules? We would have called Shane but it was 3 am.

Thanks in advance

People can agree to any rules they want when gambling but the way I've seen it played was if a player fouled, he now had to make the ball twice. No ball was spotted up for his foul. There were never two object balls on the table.

A second foul was loss of game. This prevented intentional fouls extending the game forever and forced a player to shoot at the ball.

It's a great game on a 5x10 snooker table.

ONB

Woof Biscuit

and gravy
Silver Member
I've always played it where it's just like the last ball in a regular game of 1pkt. If you foul, a ball spots. But like ONB says, you can choose whatever rules you want.

m79a

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not played much one pocket. Not big in my area. Is jumping allowed?

u12armresl

One Pocket back cutter
Silver Member
Usually there are 3 things you want to agree on before breaking.

Where the cueball and the object ball will start out?

If you shoot 1st can you make the object ball in your hole without allowing the other player to shoot?

Intentional fouls, and whether a ball spots, or he has to make the same ball twice.

robsnotes4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Got a message from Shane

Shane said the way they play is you owe a ball, and like ONB posted, you spot a ball. So if I fouled and then make the object ball in my pocket the ball is spotted, where I would be making two balls to his one.

Thanks for your input, didn't know when he would get back to me.

Great points about making sure of the rules before you play. Always had this issue back home playing bar box 8 ball in a bar

phil dade

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Question

I have a question. Where is the initial spot? Is it on the spot where the ball could cut in like a spot shot or is it against the rail at the center dot against the head rail? I have not seen this paled in almost 50 years and I do not remember? If I recalled, they put the ball against the head rail.

thanks,

robsnotes4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
correct

I have a question. Where is the initial spot? Is it on the spot where the ball could cut in like a spot shot or is it against the rail at the center dot against the head rail? I have not seen this paled in almost 50 years and I do not remember? If I recalled, they put the ball against the head rail.

thanks,

Your are correct it is at the center dot on the head rail

yobagua

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Placing the cue ball on the rail seems like a disadvantage to the opener. I like it on the head spot better.

itsfroze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Placing the cue ball on the rail seems like a disadvantage to the opener. I like it on the head spot better.

I like the cue ball about a diamond out from the long rail just behind the head string.

Because all I am trying to do is play a safe on the opening shot by knocking the OB
up by the side pocket on my side of the table.

The only way that I have ever played one ball one pocket is you can't shoot at your
hole on the opening shot.