One piece phenolic tip break shaft repair

LocalArtist

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
IMG_2959.JPG
IMG_2961.JPG

Hey folks, I was asked to fix this tip, seems easy enough but the owner obviously miss cues a lot (self proclaimed).

They are okay with whatever I suggest, so what I was thinking to do was taking it down to just a phenolic ferrule and putting one of pooldawg8’s milk duds on there. Maybe use a fiber pad too.

Thoughts, suggestions, alternatives are welcome.

Shooter 1= Stelzenmuller, Titleist conversion-Z2

Shooter 2= Bob Frey, Bacote sneaky

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
View attachment 603187View attachment 603188
Hey folks, I was asked to fix this tip, seems easy enough but the owner obviously miss cues a lot (self proclaimed).

They are okay with whatever I suggest, so what I was thinking to do was taking it down to just a phenolic ferrule and putting one of pooldawg8’s milk duds on there. Maybe use a fiber pad too.

Thoughts, suggestions, alternatives are welcome.

Shooter 1= Stelzenmuller, Titleist conversion-Z2

Shooter 2= Bob Frey, Bacote sneaky
So your going to turn it into a playing shaft???
What's the question?

LocalArtist

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They still want to use it as a break shaft. I’m not certain how much material I can remove without making the impact area to thin. I’d probably only need to take it down a mm or less if I was to reshape it.

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They still want to use it as a break shaft. I’m not certain how much material I can remove without making the impact area to thin. I’d probably only need to take it down a mm or less if I was to reshape it.

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums
You could just reshape it. Wouldn't take much.
But explain to the customer about why they're miscuing. To much English with a phenolic tip and give the option for a hard leather instead.

Dave38

theemperorhasnoclotheson
Silver Member
Most of those have about a .750-.90" long tenon and the rest is the cap/tip....plenty of room to reshape it. Or as suggested above, reface it flat and put a tip on....a White Diamond would be great