One Pocket hall of fame Country's Cue Value (for a friend)

gerard soriano

HIGH RUN STILL TO COME !
Silver Member
This is a Steve Klapp cue made for Country looking for todays value and any interest. I do not own this cue asking for a friend.

Attachments

• 2D1536630ED44CE2B7AF27F66EBDF74D.jpg
    2D1536630ED44CE2B7AF27F66EBDF74D.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 188
  • 30BAA8CE7C02466F8A690CA37B653726.jpg
    30BAA8CE7C02466F8A690CA37B653726.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 196
  • 412E5BAF53784774B3BA5D544F99C1FF.jpg
    412E5BAF53784774B3BA5D544F99C1FF.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 188
  • 544563259F604890B80AFF2269E039D7.jpg
    544563259F604890B80AFF2269E039D7.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 190

crazysnake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Makes me think there should be somekind of billiards history museum

Sent from my moto g stylus 5G (2022) using Tapatalk

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
i dont recall ever seeing him with that cue. although it was probably made for him as a gift or something.

gerard soriano

HIGH RUN STILL TO COME !
Silver Member
Makes me think there should be somekind of billiards history museum

Sent from my moto g stylus 5G (2022) using Tapatalk
I was telling my friend today I thought there was a guy who had a cue museum. I swore I read it or saw it some ware

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
that right there is the problem that leaves the cue with little prestige value for collectors.
country was one of the best black hustlers ever and kind of a legend among them. but not well known.

Reactions: bbb

gypsy_soul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
that right there is the problem that leaves the cue with little prestige value for collectors.
country was one of the best black hustlers ever and kind of a legend among them. but not well known.
What City was Country from ? Years played ?

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
he was a black hustler from new york city area and harlem. played near pro speed and bet high. few knew him or even what he looked like, except for those he took off and some pros. won big in detroit and got known by the pros there,
probably the best bar 8 ball player ever hustling.

Reactions: bbb

mr3cushion

Regestered User
Silver Member
So far, it looks like NO one knows what they are talking about when it comes to, 'Country' whom hung around the 'Rack' in Detroit. He ws involved in some huge scores at the Rack.

His real name was, Charles Monroe. I knew him well. He was one of the Best Black Hustlers of all time. Great 'Lemon' player. One thing was stated correctly here, he was from the NYC/Harlem area..

He was a Big man, 6'3" maybe 225, but had this high-pitched soft-spoken voice of a 14-year-old girl.

We did business together around the Rack, and He had me and Paul Jones come to the East Coast around 70-71 to take off the 3C players from NYC/Boston to New Jersey.

The very first thing Country told me when we got there was, "Billy, make sure you win the first game, or the best you can do is break even with the East Coast players!"

IMPO, I doubt this cue ever belong to Charles 'Country' Monroe from NYC/Harlem that I knew.

Last edited:

gerard soriano

HIGH RUN STILL TO COME !
Silver Member
So far, it looks like NO one knows what they are talking about when it comes to, 'Country' whom hung around the 'Rack' in Detroit. He ws involved in some huge scores at the Rack.

His real name was, Charles Monroe. I knew him well. He was one of the Best Black Hustlers of all time. Great 'Lemon' player. One thing was stated correctly here, he was from the NYC/Harlem area..

He was a Big man, 6'3" maybe 225, but had this high-pitched soft-spoken voice of a 14-year-old girl.

We did business together around the Rack, and He had me and Paul Jones come to the East Coast around 70-71 to take off the 3C players from NYC/Boston to New Jersey.

The very first thing Country told me when we got there was, "Billy, make sure you win the first game, or the best you can do is break even with the East Coast players!"

IMPO, I doubt this cue ever belong to Charles 'Country' Monroe from NYC/Harlem that I knew.
It could be possible his real name was Monroe as you state but he is in the One Pocket Hall of Fame as Charles Martin

1pocket

Steve Booth
Gold Member
Silver Member
It could be possible his real name was Monroe as you state but he is in the One Pocket Hall of Fame as Charles Martin
Yes, his daughter went with Charles Martin — I figured she would know 😅

And yes, he was definitely involved in the famous “The Rack” in Detroit, but he had a long career involving about everywhere across the country.