One Pocket

cigarmikl

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
My opponent is minus 2. My inning and I intentionally sink a ball in his pocket. His inning does he spot that ball before he starts shooting or after his inning has ended?

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
My opponent is minus 2. My inning and I intentionally sink a ball in his pocket. His inning does he spot that ball before he starts shooting or after his inning has ended?
Balls spot at the end of the turn in which they are pocketed or lost due to a foul.

There are some additional rules that apply if the players forget to spot a ball that should be spotted. (That is usually not as soon as it is noticed.)

The closest thing we have to official rules for one pocket are at http://onepocket.org.

slim123

If you pocket an opponent's ball and he owes it, it goes up after he is finished shooting. If it is forgotten then it goes up after one inning, which would be after he shoots again
Anytime a ball that is owed is forgotten, it goes up in one inning, which is after that shooter shoots again, otherwise, it might be to an advantage of the person the owes the ball

slim123

No. It goes up at the end of your inning.
That what i meant to say maybe it was typed wrong or misinterpreted, an inning is after both players shoot and the ball , so being the ball is owed after the player shoots and is forgotten the inning is over after they both shoot again

my understanding is that that an inning is after both player shot, thus the person owing forgot then it would be bad for him to place it after his opponent shoots, it goes after he shoots

There is something specific that i have run into, i think the rule states that it is an inning from the time it was discovered, which would be after both players shoot
Please correct me if im wrong, i don't see this come up too often

Last edited:

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
There seems to be some confusion. Here is the situation:

My opponent owes two balls but it is my turn.

A ball is sitting in my opponent's pocket.

I shoot his ball into his pocket and do nothing else of interest on my turn.

My turn ends.

The ball that I made for my opponent spots right then, before he starts his turn.

When the ball spots, his debt for that ball is satisfied, and usually he will remove a coin from the rail. He still owes one ball, so normally a coin will be on the rail by his pocket indicating that.

Guy Manges

Registered
Not in the original scenario.

However, sometimes a player will forget to spot a ball and then a different set of rules come into play. But that was not the original question.
YES... But many things this forum, Members gets away from the original thread... Guy

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Balls spot at the end of the turn in which they are pocketed or lost due to a foul.

There are some additional rules that apply if the players forget to spot a ball that should be spotted. (That is usually not as soon as it is noticed.)

The closest thing we have to official rules for one pocket are at http://onepocket.org.
READ THE RULES LINKED BY BOB
ITS ALL IN THERE