Only 354 Days Left until DCC 2008

Pugh

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well I just got home from the DCC after a 19 hour striaght drive through one of the worst ice storms I have ever been in.

Big Nasty and I made the trip down for the first time ever and both cant wait to go back.

If you havent attended this event you are definately missing out. The tourney is very well ran and the action is insane. The experience of playing side by side with the worlds best is awesome. My very first match I was playing next to Johnny A. as he was running 100+ in 14.1. Although I was extremely nervous I somehow managed to win 7-3. I then lost 7-6. I used my rebuy to win 7-6, then stoney stone beat me 7-4. Although playing was fun there is defeniatly other stuff that makes this tourney what it is. The action is always great and now I know what to expect for next year as to playing some money games. The az room was a blast and meeting and playing several. The vendors are nice(as I bought another custom:D ). The food isnt the best but I definately ate my far share. I had some much fun that I cant even explain it all. Cant wait until 08.

PS: I better change my avator, as joey said I look fat in it.

Last edited:

Pugh

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We had a seat open for you this year. But I guess you didnt think it would be any fun:D

Pugh

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Haha Tanner!!!

I got a few pictures to smooth the pain for ya:D

I forgot to mention that if anyone is interested in Andy Gilberts or Blackcreek's work they are both excellent guys. I got to visit with them for a while and they took me up to their rooms to show off some of their work and all I can say is wow!!! Andy has an all ivory cue that has to be the best cue I have even seen. Although the price tag reflected that:) Travis(Blackcreek) also had some great stuff.

Pugh

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I bought a Shurtz. Just gotta wait for a couple shafts now.. Do I go ob-1 or 314^2?? The ob plays great on it.

TannerPruess

PBIA Instructor
Silver Member
Thats tough since you have been playing with 314s for awhile. Go with what feels better on that cue though. Did you have any cues stolen or broken down there? :D LOL

Pugh

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
TannerPruess said:
Thats tough since you have been playing with 314s for awhile. Go with what feels better on that cue though. Did you have any cues stolen or broken down there? :D LOL

Believe it or not nothing got stolen or broken. BigNasty had me covered.