Opinions please on a cue

I'm just trying to see if anyone has had any experience with the players c-960 with a pure x LD shaft. As I am thinking about buying one. Would it be worth the $170ish and is it a good playing cue. I have never had any experience with them but the lifetime warranty against warpage and the furrele sounds nice just would like the opinions of more experienced and knowledgeable people. Thanks have a great day

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
When it comes to cues, my approach is the same as for may things...buying low end at retail is rarely better than buying better brands at a discount. I have been shopping in that price range recently to have some really nice guest cues for my home table. For the same money you could get this (IMO infinately better) cue. I've bought two from this seller and in both cases he took a lower best offer for these closeouts. The Viking Vikore LD shaft is my favorite at any price, and the cues are US made. The shaft alone sells for $179 street price.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-...0001&campid=5335988529&icep_item=133623014913
c591b0ae7008b5a70ac3ecfc7a695cd9.jpg

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

When it comes to cues, my approach is the same as for may things...buying low end at retail is rarely better than buying better brands at a discount. I have been shopping in that price range recently to have some really nice guest cues for my home table. For the same money you could get this (IMO infinately better) cue. I've bought two from this seller and in both cases he took a lower best offer for these closeouts. The Viking Vikore LD shaft ismy favorite at any price. The shaft alone sells for $179 street price.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-...0001&campid=5335988529&icep_item=133623014913
c591b0ae7008b5a70ac3ecfc7a695cd9.jpg

I'm just trying to get a 11.75mm tip and about a 18oz cue and they are kinda hard to find. But the pure x shaft I was talking about is $160 if you buy just the shaft but seller said if I upgrade he will just add $50 to the price but I definitely agree with you I just have a hard time finding what I want. Although the old viking I picked up from a garage sale for 20 shoots great after I put my elk master tip on it just don't really like the tip size or weight. I'm definitely considering that link you sent me. Thanks

Last edited:

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
I'm just trying to get a 11.75mm tip and about a 18oz cue and they are kinda hard to find. But the pure x shaft I was talking about is $160 if you buy just the shaft but seller said if I upgrade he will just add $50 to the price but I definitely agree with you I just have a hard time finding what I want. Although the old viking I picked up from a garage sale for 20 shoots great after I put my elk master tip on it just don't really like the tip size or weight. I'm definitely considering that link you sent me. Thanks
You can find or order the Vikore in 11.75 on any cue they make but very unlikely to stumble on a closeout in that size. I see some but more in the 300+ range.

LHP5

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah I agree with what has been said here. Back in like mid 2000’s those pure x and players cues were great for around $100ish. Now though they are really pushing near $200. Hard to recommend now. For around the $270-$300 you can get a far better cue. Look at McDermott or Viking. Maybe even Pechauer or Joss at this price point. Go to Joerackem on eBay (also known as neilsons billiards) and take a look at their specials. You can find shafts at different sizes at and may come with a package like a case/tools.

Players are good, but when you start getting near $200ish it becomes a harder recommend from me.