Oscar, Deriree and the Mezz West State Tour

Roger Long

Sonoran Cue Creations
Silver Member
Oscar Dominguez and Deriree Rivera brought their Mezz West State Tour to Bull Shooters in Phoenix over this past weekend, and I've got to say I've never been more impressed. With solid sponsorship support from Mezz Cues and West State Billiard Supply, Oscar and Desiree have developed something that the western United States have needed for a long time.

In Phoenix, the Mezz Tour exposed at least 50 of the 87 entrants to a tournament the likes of which they had never before experienced. And the large crowd of spectators all weekend long provided a treat for Mike Bates, the owner of Bull Shooters. Mike reports that Oscar and Desiree's event was the first truly successful pool tournament from a "bottom line" standpoint that he has ever seen. And everything about the event, from the sign-ups to the final payouts, was top notch and very professional.

I just can't say enough good things about the Mezz West State Tour and its directors. I hope they come back to Arizona very soon.

Roger

NitPicker

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is the first feedback from room owners I've heard, good news indeed, Roger! I've played in a couple in N. Cal. and plan to play in the last one in Modesto, CA. I'm only just now getting my feet wet with open tournaments but the Mezz Tour does seem exceptional. Oscar and Desiree not only do a phenomenal job running everything, but I don't think you could find nicer and more helpful folks. Those two sure do work their butts off for each stop. Oscar told me that they will have 16 stops on the next tour and mentioned Seattle as a possibility.

theattendant

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice to hear such positive news. I've been considering entering one of their events. This thread has sealed the deal for me.

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
The schedule for next season is still open.

Oscar is still working on the schedule. I forgot when he was planning on releasing it, but I'm sure those of us on the left coast can look forward to many finely run stops with tons of excellent pool played. But hey, we still have two stops and the top gun event this season, so no need to get ahead of ourselves. We've still got quite a bit of pool left to be played.

Jaden

Roger Long

Sonoran Cue Creations
Silver Member
A few minutes ago, I was having some fun over on Facebook with one of the players about how Desiree pronounced some of the players' names during the tournament table assignments this past weekend, and then I see where I spelled her name "Deriree" here. Not only once, but TWICE! I made it sound like a part of the anatomy. :eek:

I'm so sorry, Desiree! (<---- Checking it 3 times.)

Roger

NitPicker

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Oscar is still working on the schedule. I forgot when he was planning on releasing it, but I'm sure those of us on the left coast can look forward to many finely run stops with tons of excellent pool played. But hey, we still have two stops and the top gun event this season, so no need to get ahead of ourselves. We've still got quite a bit of pool left to be played.

Jaden

I can't make it to San Diego this weekend but I'll see everyone in Modesto. Will probably go to Sac to watch the top gun also.

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
Top Gun is in Bellflower...

I can't make it to San Diego this weekend but I'll see everyone in Modesto. Will probably go to Sac to watch the top gun also.

Top Gun is at BellFlower HTs not SacTown HT's....

Jaden