Oscar versus Johnny Archer today

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
I’m guessing with Oscar’s pool room in Sacramento likely being closed for a good part of this past year, he’s had time to work on his pool game again and play some $ matches. A year ago, I’m not sure if he’d of been able to handle Johnny.
In my experience, Oscar and Ernesto used to raise their own money most of the time. Sometimes Oscar was backed, but if he liked the game, he bet his own. He's won most of those too. He beat Archer last time they played in Georgia, which set up this match.

The last few racks of set two, Oscar went into grind mode. The table was 4.25" corners. He made some shots that were difficult under the pressure and didn't mess up. So hard to get out when a match is this close.

The break absolutely killed Johnny. he wasn't making a ball and the cue ball was flying all over. Oscar had some break and runs and left the one up by the corner a lot. One rack Johnny broke and a ball went in and he looked at the booth and said "Did you guys get that on video?" . That was hilarious. Johnny was perfectly composed the entire time, as was Oscar. Oscar double hit one shot (cue ball and OB were close next to rail) , not exactly obvious and he just gave the cue ball to Johnny. Nice to see professionals in action.

randallt6

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In my experience, Oscar and Ernesto used to raise their own money most of the time. Sometimes Oscar was backed, but if he liked the game, he bet his own. He's won most of those too. He beat Archer last time they played in Georgia, which set up this match.

The last few racks of set two, Oscar went into grind mode. The table was 4.25" corners. He made some shots that were difficult under the pressure and didn't mess up. So hard to get out when a match is this close.

The break absolutely killed Johnny. he wasn't making a ball and the cue ball was flying all over. Oscar had some break and runs and left the one up by the corner a lot. One rack Johnny broke and a ball went in and he looked at the booth and said "Did you guys get that on video?" . That was hilarious. Johnny was perfectly composed the entire time, as was Oscar. Oscar double hit one shot (cue ball and OB were close next to rail) , not exactly obvious and he just gave the cue ball to Johnny. Nice to see professionals in action.
It was a great match to watch. Even thought neither player were playing their A-game, it was entertaining. I’d like to see them play 9 ball on the spot - equalize the break a bit, I’d still take Oscar :)