over, under-rated one pocket players? anyone?

philw said:
If Scott has never beaten him Corey should take the challenge that Fast Lenny has proposed I think it has something to do with an ahead match against Scott for $10,000
Would make for a great match I am sure,someone call Corey and back him. :thumbup:
 
jay helfert said:
I absolutely agree about Steve Cook. The "Cookie Monster" was one of the best One Pocket players of his era (primarily the 80's and the 90's). Along with Allen Hopkins, Mike Sigel and Steve Mizerak. Interesting how the best One Pocket players were also great Straight Pool players. What many people forget is how important pin point cue ball control is in One Pocket. Who can control 'whitey' better than a great 14.1 player?


Great observation, Jay!

I know that since I've been practicing my 14.1 lately, it has been *a huge* help to my 1pocket.

Lou Figueroa
 
lfigueroa said:
Great observation, Jay!

I know that since I've been practicing my 14.1 lately, it has been *a huge* help to my 1pocket.

Lou Figueroa

Varner and Rempe were two more excellent One Pocket players, both also great Straight Pool players. I suspect Buddy could also play 14.1 if he wanted to. He just didn't want to. :rolleyes:

P.S. With his cue ball, I can see Buddy running hundreds.
 
Back
Top