Overseas scam artists

Worminator

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I'm glad you outed this scumbag Cory. I hope you recover all that is owed to you plus some.

CBarnhart

Registered
張學超

This 張學超 is his name in Chinese .

I am the person that was ripped off. The dealers name is Mico Chang. I am in the process of filing reports. His email is 190039959@163.com and phone # 86 15266817777.

This is where the cues were sent:

qi yu Billiards Club
Mr. jiang yuan long

PH# +86 13863958198
No. 32jia, da yao san road .ShiNan District .Qingdao city, Shandong province , China 266000

I have found out that I am not the only one this person has scammed, so be very careful.

Cory Barnhart

Jive

Professional Racker
Silver Member
This 張學超 is his name in Chinese .

If that's the name he gave you it actually insinuates that he's Taiwanese or Hongkie(Hong Kong). Cos those are written in "Complex" Chinese(only still used commonly in Taiwan and HongKong), in China the same name would be written like this 张学超.

Now I'm curious, is he a Taiwanese dealer dealing in China?

Regardless it's not how things should end up...being in China myself I'd hate to see this be a cause to deny other sellers selling to China. Best of luck to your recovery, be it funds or cues.

johnqbs

john@qbs
Silver Member
Warning do not send

Hi this is john at quality billiard suplies. A while back a guy from china made contact with me wanting to purchase 65 hundred dollars worth of cues and other accessories. As a business owner this looked good to me we made contact a few times and descused payment and shipping address. Well here we go he wanted to use a credit card. A red flag was high on the pole. I went back to my email and got his name and shipping info. and decided to do the google thing, no address or name.
After a little more research found out they are buying with stolen card numbers. So then I wanted to call his bluff and have some fun, told him the only way to send order out was to have a us postal money order for full amount of order. And would send order to him after money order became cash in hand. No need to say that I lost a sale. I just wanted to let everyone know what could have happened to me. so beware there are more scams out there to look out for. If a deal don't look or sound right
stay away from it. Take care, john

poolchady

Zen Custom Cues
Silver Member
If that's the name he gave you it actually insinuates that he's Taiwanese or Hongkie(Hong Kong). Cos those are written in "Complex" Chinese(only still used commonly in Taiwan and HongKong), in China the same name would be written like this 张学超.

Now I'm curious, is he a Taiwanese dealer dealing in China?

Regardless it's not how things should end up...being in China myself I'd hate to see this be a cause to deny other sellers selling to China. Best of luck to your recovery, be it funds or cues.

No. He is a Chinese.

To Cory, Chinese are using "simplified chinese" characters. Taiwanese are using "traditional chinese" characters.

Last edited: