Pacesetter rails to high

SpotOn

Registered
RKC,
I had a local mechanic redo the two pacesetter tables we have at our club and the K66 rails finished out at 1 9/16" above the table height? I have personally taken apart one rail to see what might have gone wrong and I see no issue with the way it was installed. The table width is exactly 44" so the K66 seems correct. K55 would have lowered the rails but the table would be slightly narrower and you had told be K66 was the correct rail style. Shimming up the back side of the rails may work to lower the nose but I would have to shim the metal corner plates to match.
Any ideas what may have gone wrong?
Could this table have been built for larger balls 40 years ago?

realkingcobra

Silver Member
RKC,
I had a local mechanic redo the two pacesetter tables we have at our club and the K66 rails finished out at 1 9/16" above the table height? I have personally taken apart one rail to see what might have gone wrong and I see no issue with the way it was installed. The table width is exactly 44" so the K66 seems correct. K55 would have lowered the rails but the table would be slightly narrower and you had told be K66 was the correct rail style. Shimming up the back side of the rails may work to lower the nose but I would have to shim the metal corner plates to match.
Any ideas what may have gone wrong?
Could this table have been built for larger balls 40 years ago?

If they wrapped the cloth around the bottom side of the slate, then shimmed it to be level, meaning the slate is sitting high in the cabinet, that'll cause the cushions to be high as well, the rails bolt down overlapping the slate by about 1/2".