Pain, Poker, and Pool??

clint3612

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'll go ahead and be the first one to say; this is the dumbest idea ever! People want us to have world class venues and tournaments and overall recongnization but were acting like thugs! Do see tiger, vijay, phil, and other golfers trying to fight each other in a ring or a cage? Or Federer, Roddick or anybody else? Well hell no!
We need to focus on pool. Becoming better players and better gentlemen to be around. Our sport is pratically dying and instead of trying to fix the problems, they want to invent some other hybrid activity.
Before I'm called a sissy mary or anything else, I'll let you know that I boxed and wrestled way before I picked up pool. I'm a original UFC fan from the beginning, plus a lifelong boxing fan. And I can't see the hype behind this. I'll tell ya, it's ok if this is carried out, but don't complain when sponsors and other influential enities do not want anything to do with pool. Lets go ahead and keep it in the dark ages for another 50 years!

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What a crock! :p

Attachments

• images[1].jpg
    images[1].jpg
    1.9 KB · Views: 168

Put_upor_shutup

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Do you see how popular poker is?Do you see how popular fighting is?

And do you see how un-popular and un-publicized pool is when compared to the other two???This cant do anything but bring more money from other areas to pool...Blair seems to be a cool dude and have a good approach..I wish him the best....Thank you David Parker

clint3612

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So, if Orcullo wants real publicity, he needs to achieve the mount and rain down strikes? Or if they turn over he needs to sink in a choke? What about breaking hard, stringing racks, playing nut safeties, and pretty much busting everybody and winning big tournaments is what pool playing is about? Thats what i thought it was! I guess I'm out of line and out of date! And I'm only 34!

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
I can see both sides here. But, gotta confess...I won't be a follower of "pain, poker, and pool". Just doesn't make sense to me.

Put_upor_shutup

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So, if Orcullo wants real publicity, he needs to achieve the mount and rain down strikes? Or if they turn over he needs to sink in a choke? What about breaking hard, stringing racks, playing nut safeties, and pretty much busting everybody and winning big tournaments is what pool playing is about? Thats what i thought it was! I guess I'm out of line and out of date! And I'm only 34!

No ,thats part of what pool is about(your right) but outside of pool players not everyone realizes that aspect..Maybe this will bring others in to see that also...