palmer 1 piece house cues

larrynj1

aka uncle larry
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
i have 6 house cues all labeled palmer on the butts, maybe a decal? i got them about 1990 from a friend who owned a game room in harrison, nj. he said he got them from a place in elizabeth, nj. i split a box of 12 with him, and he said cost was $5.per.

were the balners selling house cues back them as well? what would a set of mixed weights for these cues be worth?

tate, awaiting your response, and hopefully some of the locals who did business with palmer.

sorry, no pics right now and not much time for a day or two to take some.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
Larry,

Like Brunswick, Palmer became more of a distributor in the 1980's and 1990's and had catalogs with equipment, triangles, balls, cues, cases, chalk, etc.

I have scams of their original catalogs - I'll look at them tonight. I know they sold one piece cues, but they were certainly made by another company like Valley or National. I can find out which one.

A pic of the logo would help to date them. No idea on the value, but probably not much. If they have a real Palmer logo on them it will help.

Chris

rackem

SUPPORT CLUB MEMBERSHIP
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
147   0   0
TATE said:
Larry,

Like Brunswick, Palmer became more of a distributor in the 1980's and 1990's and had catalogs with equipment, triangles, balls, cues, cases, chalk, etc.

I have scams of their original catalogs - I'll look at them tonight. I know they sold one piece cues, but they were certainly made by another company like Valley or National. I can find out which one.

A pic of the logo would help to date them. No idea on the value, but probably not much. If they have a real Palmer logo on them it will help.

Chris
Chris, would that also be the origin of the Palmer 5/16x14 shafts I see on ebay? Did Palmer make shafts that fit other cues besides their's? Was New Jersey billiard supply and Palmer one in the same. :confused: