Since my break shots have been an amusement for many patrons at our pool hall, it might not make sense to compound the ridicule by using a phenolic tip break cue. But yet, I finally got my fancy Longoni break cue from Italy, sprouting a phenolic tip.
As you can see in this video, the very first shot I try using this cue, I completely miss the cue ball. And the next shot isn't much better, but yet I manage to pocket two balls, and the next after that, which is a fairly good break I only pocket one ball. Then my friend Colin (a local ringer) breaks the way it should be done... and he doesn't make any balls at all ;^)
Anyways, somehow it feels like the worse I hit the rack, the more balls I'll pocket -- i.e., I have no control whatsoever.
And speaking of control, or lack thereof -- since this cue is also a jump cue, I'm also gonna use it for my jumping. I'm sure someone could write a short novel about my jump shots, but for now I'll leave it at that people are often in tears watching my balls fly off the table (even the pool-hall owner is crying).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jG_obqznHwo
-- peer
As you can see in this video, the very first shot I try using this cue, I completely miss the cue ball. And the next shot isn't much better, but yet I manage to pocket two balls, and the next after that, which is a fairly good break I only pocket one ball. Then my friend Colin (a local ringer) breaks the way it should be done... and he doesn't make any balls at all ;^)
Anyways, somehow it feels like the worse I hit the rack, the more balls I'll pocket -- i.e., I have no control whatsoever.
And speaking of control, or lack thereof -- since this cue is also a jump cue, I'm also gonna use it for my jumping. I'm sure someone could write a short novel about my jump shots, but for now I'll leave it at that people are often in tears watching my balls fly off the table (even the pool-hall owner is crying).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jG_obqznHwo
-- peer