Paypal question for you sellers

Dockter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I recently bought a cue and the guy I bought it from created a paypal just so I could pay that way. As always, I used good & services and I'm not sure if that's what caused the problem.

Is it a normal practice to have to wait 21 days to withdraw the money? If so is there anyway to shorten the period of time or do you actually have to wait the full 21 days? I pretty much feel like sht about asking him to make one then causing extra problems.

Celophanewrap

Call me Grace
Silver Member
I have sold a few things on Ebay. When I sold the first few things there was a wait to certify or something like that, but after I'd reached a certain threshold the waiting period was waived. However, I don't remember it being 21 days, that seems a bit long. Maybe it's calculated according to the dollar amount, I had sold stuff under $100

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If it's a new account, there may be a waiting period till his info is verified. If PayPal is telling him he has to wait, he should call them. I've had a few issues that they explained pretty well.

I think it depends on how he opened the PayPal and what type of account he used to link to it.

Dockter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the replies. He's actually being really cool about it but I feel like a jackass now that it says he has to wait 21 days to get his money.

ROB.M

:)
Silver Member
It's for security reasons, if he links his bank account info and or social security number to the account the process is shortened in the first transaction.
Once your verified.... Your ready to make instant transactions.

Rob.M

Tooler

AhSheetMaDruars
Silver Member
Well, if it will make you feel better, just sent the cue back and tell him to re-send it in 21 days.....

Yeah, did'nt think so. :grin-square:

Dockter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lol, I actually told him he could wait the 21 days to ship it because I feel like a jackass. Like I said he has been super cool about it and still shipping it. I was more curious if there is a way to shorten his wait for his money.

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
Lol, I actually told him he could wait the 21 days to ship it because I feel like a jackass. Like I said he has been super cool about it and still shipping it. I was more curious if there is a way to shorten his wait for his money.

Hey, he's gonna get his money, and now you helped him be ready for the next time. I ONLY except paypal, and I only pay with PayPal. 21 days is not gonna kill him, and it's a lesson learned in the digital age ;)

ChrisSjoblom

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Alternative to PayPal

I have used PayPal every day in my online business for about 15 years now, but I also have been using Chase QuickPay more often lately. If either the buyer or seller have a Chase account it can be used to transfer money for free between the parties. It's as safe as PayPal as far I my experience goes, and it's always free to both the buyer and seller. It's also faster than PayPal when it comes to a seller being able to access the funds if the seller has a Chase account. Typically it's the same day or next day as compared with having to do a withdrawal from PayPal to your bank which can take from 2-5 days.

Veteran PayPal users aren't always as receptive to use it because it doesn't have the name recognition of PayPal, but I've also found that newbies to online transactions sometimes trust QuickPay more because they have heard of scams done by people posing as PayPal (and assume that the scam was actually pulled off through PayPal).

Just an alternative to keep in mind. I'm not really a fan of the big megabanks, but this particular service is pretty handy.

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
I don't remember 21 days Buddy, but as Dok said, yeah, most likely a waiting time.

Otherwise you could seriously be doing hit and runs on peoples accounts and Pay Pal.

Either way, you didn't create an unnecessary hardship on the seller.

By now, when I send people money, as soon as they get a notification, they can use it or withdraw.

William

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Leaving him positive feedback on eBay (if bought there) can also cut down the wait time. It has for others I knew with that issue.

chipperd

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wait time

Yep, I have an Ebay store, when you are new there is a wait time. Money is good. :thumbup:

azsportpilot

Registered
yes, the first transaction there is a waiting period, after that its instant

You did him a big favor by helping him setup an account, he will need it if he is going to continue selling online

very few buyers are willing to pay any other way, some buyers may even be "put off" by a seller not having a PayPal account already established

tbayplayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you have a new account and sell on ebay, Paypal will hold your money for up to 21 days until you have 25 transactions on ebay.

Paypal will release the funds a couple days after the buyer receives the goods and leaves feedback.