Pechauer Pro ...HOW DO THEY PLAY??

obe1

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Pechauer players please post any insight you might have to offer on the cue line .

I am looking at one to purchase and just want to hear some input..

Thank you for your time.

OBE1

Kaiser Bob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a Seyberts SE1 and last gen Break. There's not much to the SE1, one piece maple with the SS joint and the signature, plays great, excellent value for the money IMHO, holding me over until I can afford a nice custom. FWIW the break cue also plays very nice and there are many nights I play/break with the break cue when I don't feel like swapping back and forth.

Culinarytracker

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I bought my first "good" cue 16 years ago (when I turned 16) and have been playing with it ever since. It is a pro series from 1996 and I would have a hard time EVER changing to another cue. I have however switched to a Z2 shaft.

ns4433

Registered
love my pro series,p12, i also have a p03 that i put one of their break shafts on. they play great, great quality control, been around 50 years, made in usa, best option in my opinion...and they make high end cues as well in 1k range

hotrod

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pechauer makes a very fine cue. The finish is great. Construction and fit excellent. Have owned 3 over the last 15 years. All Pro series. Two shot great and third mediocre. Might have been the tip. Hopefully you can hit with it before purchase. If not, fine tune with tip of your choice. For what a used one costs, they are nice buys.

bcsnave

off the rail
Silver Member
Great cues

I went up to the factory and toured it. I have been a quality manager for 32 years with a precision machining background. I have no affiliation with them but they make a great cue.

gesan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pro series P12

I have to echo what the previous posters stated. I have the pro series P12 and it has consistantly placed well when blind tested in several different poolrooms.

I do believe that the pro series is a step or 2 up from their standard cue.

Mikey Town

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a P17c and absolutely love it.

Good solid hit, great feedback, etc... I'm surprised that I don't see more people playing them. IMO, they are one of the best values out there.

I pulled it out one night and someone actually asked me who I had make my custom. He couldn't believe it when I told him it was a production cue. I let him hit it for a bit and he said that it looks and performs right next to many of the $2,000-$3,000 cues out there... Personally, I would agree.

JoeyC71176

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just got a JP-08 today and had to go shoot with it after work.. I have a few Viking cues and I would have likely stuck with Viking for another cue had I not had issues when dealing with them directly (last cue I have from them was shipped directly to me from Viking, but purchased through a dealer). Viking shipped the cue packaged extremely poorly and the shaft arrived dented. After getting a replacement sent, the shaft on the replacement cue has a small seam that I can feel between the ferrule and shaft.. Does this affect playability? No.. It doesn't... But quality control should not have allowed that shaft to leave the building... But enough about that... My JP-08 is amazing. Beautiful inlays, the balance is excellent.. The only things I need to get used to is the butt is thinner than my vikings are, even though it is wrapless, I have no issues having a solid grip on the JP-08, and the hit is stiffer, which is indeed not a bad thing. The emerald tip is quite nice as well

9Ballr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a Pechauer P11. Love that thing. I also have an older Schon but I prefer the Pechauer. Just yesterday I set up the same shot dozens of times for each cue and I pocketed much more often with the Pechauer and was infinitely quicker at it and that's only because I feel more secure playing it vs the Schon. Even though I've had the Schon much longer.

The Pechauer was sold as a 13 mm tip but when I measure it, it's 13.15 mm the Schon is a 12.75.

Also love the taper on the Pechauer shaft, and the shaft somehow just feels a lot better vs the Schon shaft which is an old original Schon shaft.

Get the Pechauer, you won't be sorry. Give it some time to get used to it.
I love the balance it has, makes it sit nicely in your bridge hand.
Very confidence inspiring.