My little road trip started with me going to Racine to show one of my first original from the first video Perfect Aim customers how this works first hand. I've wanted to do this for awhile but had been kind of laid up. You for see, Dave didn't quite understand how it worked. For me every customer is important. This had been a priority for me and now I was going to be close.
It was great. Just like I figured Dave was a really nice guy and it was really fun for me as a teacher to really explain how this works and see the results and the enthusiasm that others like myself have for the game of pool.
I really appreciated the thank you in the PM the next day and the thing that I was the most excited about was Dave said he was going to work hard at Perfect Aim and see where it will get him.
I drove 5 hours to get to Dave's and I got there about 7:00 PM. Now it was almost 10:00 and it was off to Milwaukee to see Joe and his 13 year old son Sergio. Joe had bought a video at the Ho Chunk casino for his son. Joe was also the referee for my final hill-hill matches in the 9-ball final.
After the 9-ball match I worked a little bit with Sergio to try to make sure he understood what Perfect Aim was all about. We got a pretty good group of players around the table trying to soak up what I was saying. But the guy from London, England was waiting to play me in the 8-ball finals so I had to cut my little lesson short.
They only gave me 1/2 hour between the TV match and the 8-ball finals. What better way to spend that 1/2 hour than teaching Perfect Aim to this young 13 year old gladiator.
Their house was my next stop in Milwaukee. I got there about 10:45. Kind of late but Joe explained that they were night owls anyway. so on with the lesson.
I was amazed to see that this young man had watched the video and already understood much of what I teach. Smart kid too. And a fine young gentleman. I can see that dad is doing a great job.
But you can't substitute the value of on the spot teaching. I was able to see so many other things that will help this young man become a champion someday.
He's got the desire and that's alot of it plus I could see alot of talent there also plus a father that is doing what ever it take to help his son learn this wonderful game.
I felt this was a priority because he plays at the Junior nationals on the 7th I think in Dekalb. I hope this was in time to help give him an edge. I think it will. But the main thing is that he has fun. the further he can go the funner it will be. I know this from first hand experience a few days ago. 1st is alot more fun than 2nd.
Then we all went down to the George webb and had something to eat. This was just great hanging out and talking some pool and getting to hear more about the pool world in the area.
Then it was off to West Dundee, Ill. I got to the motel room there about 6:00AM and got a good 6 1/2 hours sleep. Met Todd and todd Jr at the local pool hall there to get set to meet Todd Jr. He is kind of a Pheonom at 7 years old. I never saw any youngster fire those balls in like that on a 9-foot table before. This kid should be on Jay leno or something. It's amazing.
Todd had a couple of friends there for a lesson also so it was alot of fun for me. Teaching. That's what i do and enjoy. The only thing missing was a tournament to play in. OH WELL.
Anyway we got on with the lesson and soon I realised that the most important thing to do was to make sure that Todd SR knew exactly how this all worked so he could teach this to Todd Jr as he progressed in his game and keep him on the right track.
It was a great success and soon Todd SR could see why he had trouble making shots before. soon he was cutting these balls in that he had trouble with before. By the time we were done I knew he understood the value with what he had learned and how valuable it will be for Todd Jr.
In fact i did work with Todd Jr directly some and it didn't take long to show him where his best position was to see the shots great. He just moved right over as if to say wow. That was great for me. Just as long as he understands where it is that's important.
Also. Todds friend Joe was there for the lesson. He was kind of amazed at what he learned and told me he thought he already did some of this when he is in dead punch. I told him this is what it's all about. This will get your eyes to the correct position before you get in so called dead punch. It will help you get there quicker.
You see most of the time trying to get back in stroke is used trying to get the eyes back to that most correct position. He told me he could really understand this.
Then also there was Lance. He played pretty good also. This guy has some talent. As I was showing Todd Sr Perfect aim he was afraid I was going to leave without him understanding how this worked after seeing Todd making shots consistently.
Lance was surprised to find out he was left eye dominant and also to learn a couple of other things that are going to make a big impact on his pool game. Lance, with a little work I think could play with anyone in the world. After learning Perfect aim he could see how I was making almost every shot as we hit the balls around for about an hour. I told him now you know I'm not all that good. It's mainly what I know.
Then there was one more guy. I don't remember his name but I gave him kind of a mini lesson. He just couldn't believe what a difference it made.
Overall for me as a teacher it was a great trip. I was really tired and wanted to get back to Eau Claire so i could spend the 4th with my Mother and family. Got home at 8:00 this morning. Slept about 4 hours and had to get up because everyone was there.
I'm really tired but this was a great trip. I taught 8 players perfect aim. Can still spend the 4th with the family.
What a Perfect weekend.
Happy forth of July EVERYONE, geno.....................
It was great. Just like I figured Dave was a really nice guy and it was really fun for me as a teacher to really explain how this works and see the results and the enthusiasm that others like myself have for the game of pool.
I really appreciated the thank you in the PM the next day and the thing that I was the most excited about was Dave said he was going to work hard at Perfect Aim and see where it will get him.
I drove 5 hours to get to Dave's and I got there about 7:00 PM. Now it was almost 10:00 and it was off to Milwaukee to see Joe and his 13 year old son Sergio. Joe had bought a video at the Ho Chunk casino for his son. Joe was also the referee for my final hill-hill matches in the 9-ball final.
After the 9-ball match I worked a little bit with Sergio to try to make sure he understood what Perfect Aim was all about. We got a pretty good group of players around the table trying to soak up what I was saying. But the guy from London, England was waiting to play me in the 8-ball finals so I had to cut my little lesson short.
They only gave me 1/2 hour between the TV match and the 8-ball finals. What better way to spend that 1/2 hour than teaching Perfect Aim to this young 13 year old gladiator.
Their house was my next stop in Milwaukee. I got there about 10:45. Kind of late but Joe explained that they were night owls anyway. so on with the lesson.
I was amazed to see that this young man had watched the video and already understood much of what I teach. Smart kid too. And a fine young gentleman. I can see that dad is doing a great job.
But you can't substitute the value of on the spot teaching. I was able to see so many other things that will help this young man become a champion someday.
He's got the desire and that's alot of it plus I could see alot of talent there also plus a father that is doing what ever it take to help his son learn this wonderful game.
I felt this was a priority because he plays at the Junior nationals on the 7th I think in Dekalb. I hope this was in time to help give him an edge. I think it will. But the main thing is that he has fun. the further he can go the funner it will be. I know this from first hand experience a few days ago. 1st is alot more fun than 2nd.
Then we all went down to the George webb and had something to eat. This was just great hanging out and talking some pool and getting to hear more about the pool world in the area.
Then it was off to West Dundee, Ill. I got to the motel room there about 6:00AM and got a good 6 1/2 hours sleep. Met Todd and todd Jr at the local pool hall there to get set to meet Todd Jr. He is kind of a Pheonom at 7 years old. I never saw any youngster fire those balls in like that on a 9-foot table before. This kid should be on Jay leno or something. It's amazing.
Todd had a couple of friends there for a lesson also so it was alot of fun for me. Teaching. That's what i do and enjoy. The only thing missing was a tournament to play in. OH WELL.
Anyway we got on with the lesson and soon I realised that the most important thing to do was to make sure that Todd SR knew exactly how this all worked so he could teach this to Todd Jr as he progressed in his game and keep him on the right track.
It was a great success and soon Todd SR could see why he had trouble making shots before. soon he was cutting these balls in that he had trouble with before. By the time we were done I knew he understood the value with what he had learned and how valuable it will be for Todd Jr.
In fact i did work with Todd Jr directly some and it didn't take long to show him where his best position was to see the shots great. He just moved right over as if to say wow. That was great for me. Just as long as he understands where it is that's important.
Also. Todds friend Joe was there for the lesson. He was kind of amazed at what he learned and told me he thought he already did some of this when he is in dead punch. I told him this is what it's all about. This will get your eyes to the correct position before you get in so called dead punch. It will help you get there quicker.
You see most of the time trying to get back in stroke is used trying to get the eyes back to that most correct position. He told me he could really understand this.
Then also there was Lance. He played pretty good also. This guy has some talent. As I was showing Todd Sr Perfect aim he was afraid I was going to leave without him understanding how this worked after seeing Todd making shots consistently.
Lance was surprised to find out he was left eye dominant and also to learn a couple of other things that are going to make a big impact on his pool game. Lance, with a little work I think could play with anyone in the world. After learning Perfect aim he could see how I was making almost every shot as we hit the balls around for about an hour. I told him now you know I'm not all that good. It's mainly what I know.
Then there was one more guy. I don't remember his name but I gave him kind of a mini lesson. He just couldn't believe what a difference it made.
Overall for me as a teacher it was a great trip. I was really tired and wanted to get back to Eau Claire so i could spend the 4th with my Mother and family. Got home at 8:00 this morning. Slept about 4 hours and had to get up because everyone was there.
I'm really tired but this was a great trip. I taught 8 players perfect aim. Can still spend the 4th with the family.
What a Perfect weekend.
Happy forth of July EVERYONE, geno.....................
Last edited: