perimeter light

dfaulkner

Just put up my new perimeter light and I love it so much I thought I would post a couple pictures of it. It is not a Predator Arena light - I have a 9 ft table and it would cost almost $2000 USD. I got mine from Perimeter Billiard lights for $640 CDN. It is very bright so I am going to put in a dimmer switch. The difference from my old light is amazing. Highly recommend to anyone thinking about getting one.

Attachments

• IMG_0160.JPG
    IMG_0160.JPG
    124 KB · Views: 227
  • IMG_0161.JPG
    IMG_0161.JPG
    127.1 KB · Views: 233

bignick31985

Life Long Learner
Silver Member
Looks great! Not sure if it is dimmable unless they changed it. I've been back and forth on picking one up for a while lol.

dfaulkner

Looks great! Not sure if it is dimmable unless they changed it. I've been back and forth on picking one up for a while lol.
Thanks! There is not a switch on the light to dim it but I asked an electrician and he said any newer LED light should work on a dimmer switch. I am going to replace the light switch it's on now with a switch with a dimmer. I'll let you know if it works or not.

tg_vegas

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
I love that look, congrats!! It makes me want to do to the same. Nice job. Dimmable should not be a problem with modern LED.

markjames

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
it’s sick! the shadows of the ball are square!

Attachments

• 492AC009-A4D6-4756-A3DC-59BE40D84F02.jpeg
    492AC009-A4D6-4756-A3DC-59BE40D84F02.jpeg
    105.6 KB · Views: 132

BuffaloSlim

Just put up my new perimeter light and I love it so much I thought I would post a couple pictures of it. It is not a Predator Arena light - I have a 9 ft table and it would cost almost $2000 USD. I got mine from Perimeter Billiard lights for $640 CDN. It is very bright so I am going to put in a dimmer switch. The difference from my old light is amazing. Highly recommend to anyone thinking about getting one.
Man that looks great .. I like it

markjames

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
yea like they said the reflections shed new light, and change aiming

Attachments

• B0E8D686-8B05-43CC-A87C-8D2CDC8830B5.jpeg
    B0E8D686-8B05-43CC-A87C-8D2CDC8830B5.jpeg
    181.7 KB · Views: 133

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
My Perimeter light rocks.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
question: are the light elements themselves re-placeable? they look very nice. light looks perfect on their gallery page.

cjr3559

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
These perimeter LED lights look like literal game changers even from LEDs in traditional lighting cans.

If the OP is using this product he may want to double check, but it’s not dimmable.

The site says its LEDs are rated 50,000 hours of life. In a perfect world that seems like plenty, or nearly 6 years if left on 24/7.

EDIT: about the dimming, maybe the light doesn’t come directly with a dimmer switch but works with one installed. Sorry for any confusion.

claymont

JADE
Gold Member
Silver Member
Thanks! There is not a switch on the light to dim it but I asked an electrician and he said any newer LED light should work on a dimmer switch. I am going to replace the light switch it's on now with a switch with a dimmer. I'll let you know if it works or not.
They're not dimmable according to their FAQS.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
These are the best lights I’ve ever seen…..a dimmer switch would make it perfect.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How long have you had the Rasson? What is your take on them?

406jwh

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Congratulations I have the same light absolutely love it!!
e7e5c78bfd12f716de0e1d978adbb6c4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Reactions: ACL

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A friend installed the Perimeter Billiard Light with a dimmer switch and some of the LED light sources burnt out. The manufacturer said the use of a dimmer switch can drastically reduce the lifespan of the LED light sources. I have another friend who used a dimmer and so far, so good (knock on wood).

Both said the light is far too bright without a dimmer. Buyer beware, I suppose.

Last edited:

dfaulkner

How long have you had the Rasson? What is your take on them?
I have had the Rasson for 2 years now - it is the best table I have ever played on. I have been playing for over 50 years and learned to play on Gold Crowns and have played on Diamonds in Las Vegas. The Rasson is at least as good as a Diamond for playability in my opinion. I have had several guys from my pool league over to play on it and they said the same thing. I have yet to try one of the new Predator tables so not sure how that compares to the Rasson but I wouldn't trade mine for one anyway - love my table.