Pete Tonkin cue for sale

Real nice cue, the wrap appears to be Ringtail lizard though, are u sure it is a snake wrap? Either way what a stunning forearm...those veneers jump off the photo!!!!
 
Does anyone really know?

Interesting comment on the true composition of the wrap!?! When I first looked the cue over, I assumed it was some sort of leather Pressed/Colored as you see in the pics. I had a friend tell me it was definitely snake skin, and you say it could be RingTail Lizard skin. With the advances in technology, they can make any piece of leather look like it was born in another world, so the real factor for thought would be the true cost of such items. Seems like a REAL RingTail Lizard wrap would be quite costly and very rare, a REAL SnakeSkin wrap would be a little bit less and easier to find, and a REAL leather wrap pressed and colored to look just like either or both of the others is a lot less expensive! I will have to ask Pete which animal is the REAL deal on this cue, that way I can wrap this mystery up once and for all! Thanks for the comment/question! Bump for more viewers ....:thumbup:
 
Wrap

Interesting comment on the true composition of the wrap!?! When I first looked the cue over, I assumed it was some sort of leather Pressed/Colored as you see in the pics. I had a friend tell me it was definitely snake skin, and you say it could be RingTail Lizard skin. With the advances in technology, they can make any piece of leather look like it was born in another world, so the real factor for thought would be the true cost of such items. Seems like a REAL RingTail Lizard wrap would be quite costly and very rare, a REAL SnakeSkin wrap would be a little bit less and easier to find, and a REAL leather wrap pressed and colored to look just like either or both of the others is a lot less expensive! I will have to ask Pete which animal is the REAL deal on this cue, that way I can wrap this mystery up once and for all! Thanks for the comment/question! Bump for more viewers ....:thumbup:

The wrap is real Ring Tail lizard from a belly split hide.
 
Back
Top