PFD Studios Purpleheart Fullsplice-STUPID DEAL

Monstermash

Lock Ness Monster
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Ok guys,

Here is a deal that is too good to pass up if you're looking for a nice custom player and don't want to spend a lot of money.

This is a 5 point full splice PFD Studios Purpleheart into Curley Maple. The 5 point full splice is done on the CNC at Paul's shop and the forarm is cored for stability and consistancy.

It is currently at Paul's shop getting refinished. It is slated to have a Burgundy lizard embossed leather wrap (matches the PH very nicely) installed with the refinish but it can be changed to linen (any color) if the buyer would prefer it. The wrap is visible in the second photo.

Additionally, if you would like any additional work done to the cue (inlays, Ivory joint, chance the pin, etc.) I can have Paul do it before I ship the cue. Obviously, It will add to the cost and delivery time but depending on what you would like done, I don't foresee it taking too much extra time.

It comes with 1 shaft and the total weight of the cue is approx. 19.5 oz. I don't have the rest of the specs but after looking at it, I would guess the shaft is about 12.6mm. If you would pefer the weight to be a little more or a little less tha tcan be changed while it's at the shop getting refinished.

This cue would be over $1K from Paul so here's a chance to grab a great deal.

Asking SOLD OBO including shipping, insurance, and Paypal fees. I can also hand deliver the cue at the SBE if you perfer.

I also have a Predator 314-2 shaft that I will include for an extra $100 if you buy this cue. The 314-2 is also available separately for $165 shipped.

Forearm.jpg

Butt.jpg

Last edited:

pooldogue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Call me stupid if need be but how is a fullsplice cue still considered fullsplice if it is cored ?? Thanks in advance........

thefonz

It's not me...it's my ADD
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
Call me stupid if need be but how is a fullsplice cue still considered fullsplice if it is cored ?? Thanks in advance........

i think in the description it states that the forearm is cored. nothing to do with the buttsplice anyhow.

i'm confused anyways, i thought pfd 5 pointers were "v" spliced.

crazy good deal here though, love those long points. and pfd's have that great forward balance to them.

Monstermash

Lock Ness Monster
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Looks like a pantograph cue to me, not a full splice.

Take a look at the photos and you'll notice that the handle and the points are machined out of a solid piece of Purpleheart. The points are not flat bottomed although they are cut with a CNC.

The forearm and the handel section are milled with the CNC to fit together like a full splice cue. The two pieces are joined together and the forearm is then cored. I hope that explains how this is accomplished.

Thefonz has it correct by calling it at "V-Splice" as that's what Paul calls it. The fact that the forearm is cored does not mean the handle and the forearm cannot joined together as a typical full splice. Incidentally, all of Ed Prewitt's cues are cored even his full spliced.

To answer the other questions people have asked, the pin is a Uni-loc.

The joint and buttcap are NOT ivory but they may be ivorine 3.

There is not weight bolt in the cue and it weighs 19.5oz. If the buyer would like, I can have the weight adjusted before I ship out the cue.

Last edited: