Photo by Linda Carter

lunchmoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi Linda,

I was scanning some old photos and found this one. It was during the Junior Tournament that Mr. Z. held back in 1994. You had taken a bunch of photos and during a break took them to a one-hour photo developing store and were kind enough to give me some of my son Ryan. I also attached a picture of Ryan and Mike Massey. Ryan had just shot a two ball combination in the side pocket using "adhering english", (the two balls were screwed together) the look on his face was priceless. If you look just to the left of Mike's shoulder you can see a blurry Suzi O'conner. I have several more of Mike and Ryan if you are interested in seeing them. Thanks again for the photo!

Don

Attachments

• r-5.jpg
    r-5.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 417
  • r-2.jpg
    r-2.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 376

BillYards

Playing Style: Wu Tang Fu
Silver Member
Don:

Does Ryan still play?

And those kids are not gangbangers! That is the Northwest's "just finished my weekend baseball game" look.

rackmsuckr

Linda Carter - The QUEEN!
Silver Member
lunchmoney said:
Hi Linda,

I was scanning some old photos and found this one. It was during the Junior Tournament that Mr. Z. held back in 1994. You had taken a bunch of photos and during a break took them to a one-hour photo developing store and were kind enough to give me some of my son Ryan. I also attached a picture of Ryan and Mike Massey. Ryan had just shot a two ball combination in the side pocket using "adhering english", (the two balls were screwed together) the look on his face was priceless. If you look just to the left of Mike's shoulder you can see a blurry Suzi O'conner. I have several more of Mike and Ryan if you are interested in seeing them. Thanks again for the photo!

Don

Hi Don!

I remember Ryan, what a cute kid! Does he still play? I would love to see the rest of the pics. What memories there! :p Thanks for posting.

lunchmoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
rackmsuckr said:
Hi Don!

I remember Ryan, what a cute kid! Does he still play? I would love to see the rest of the pics. What memories there! :p Thanks for posting.

Ryan, who is 21 now, very rarely picks up a cue. When he does, after an hour or so he is stringing racks together. When he was 10 he put a three pack on me. When he was 11 he lost interest and took up trapshooting winning a state championship when he was 14. He didn't want to play pool anymore and I didn't force it. We talked about it when the IPT started up and he told me that he wished I had made him play when he was younger and maybe he would have had a chance to get on the tour, But, knowing his stubborn streak, I told him that it would probably have turned him off to the game anyway. Now Ryan stands 6'2", 250 pounds of very solid muscle and is into powerlifting. I attached two more photos of him. One he is playing in another tournament and one with Mike Massey again. He is eight years old in both the photos. The memories will last a lifetime.

Lunchmoney

Attachments

• r-3.jpg
    r-3.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 89
  • r-4.jpg
    r-4.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 74