Pic's from Gate City's "Challenge Earl Strickland" in Greensboro

KoolKat9Lives

Taught 'em all I know
Silver Member
Here's some shots from a challenge held at Gate City Billiards a couple weeks ago. He also did some trick shots beforehand. For $20 you could play Earl, 9 ball, race to 2, challenger breaks. If you won, you got your money back and your name on a plaque. I'd guess there were 2 dozen challenges. 3 people won out of 36. And... $2700 was raised for charity!
It was a great time had by all and I understand he will do it again in the coming months! In addition to being a pretty decent player ;) he was an excellent MC. :thumbup:

Earl on mic, with me and Rick "EZ Money" Sonner watching on.

Earl on mic.jpg

I pose with the Pearl

MT & Earl pose.jpg

Earl don't need no stinkin' bridge!

Earl stretch shot.jpg

Me running out :)

Matt running out, doc.jpg

Care for a little tape?

Earl taping up.jpg

Last edited:

Matt Stockman

give me the 7 & a whiskey
Silver Member
Did anyone ask Earl why he puts the thick wraps on the butt of his cue? Does he have problems with arthritis?

KoolKat9Lives

Taught 'em all I know
Silver Member
More pic's

Don Liebes (sp) is the owner of Gate City Billiards, and he's chatting with Earl, Anthony Arny and ?

Don, Earl & Anthony.jpg

A good friend, Wayne (AZB's new "fat Albert) Smith, after donating ;)

Wayne & Earl.jpg

"Don't worry Dan, it happens all the time"

20090609_0949.jpg

These next 2 shots show Earl's elevated bridging style.

Earl's elevated bridge.jpg

20090609_0963.jpg

bfdlad

T-Wheels
Silver Member
Did anyone ask Earl why he puts the thick wraps on the butt of his cue? Does he have problems with arthritis?
He has a tennis wrap on his cue, nothing no arthritis. I know it looks and seem wierd but if you tried it you might be shocked at how good it feels.
Also what the hell is going on with Earls eyes in these pics. I know about about red eye but it is in all of them and nobody else in the pics have red eye. Spookey eh?

KoolKat9Lives

Taught 'em all I know
Silver Member
Also what the hell is going on with Earls eyes in these pics. I know about about red eye but it is in all of them and nobody else in the pics have red eye. Spookey eh?

:ignore: Don't tell anyone, but Word amongst the 6th dimension... He got quite ill and perhaps never fully recovered. In the late 90's one of his CueTecs mysteriously spontaneously combusted. A piece of shrapnel lodged in his grip hand. A bad infection set in and as he was delerious upon his deathbed, someone summoned a VooDoo Doctor.

Doctor: "Meestor Strickman... Tis bad mon..."

Earl: "Oh please doc, save me, do whatever it takes!!! Anything!"

Doctor: "I can see but one way Mr Pearl. You must gib me your last iota of patience for slow play and hecklers."

Earl: "Oh man, it is desperate. I'm totally f'd now."

;) ;) ;) ;)

Last edited:

joeboxer

WIAWSNB
Silver Member
:ignore: Don't tell anyone, but Word amongst the 6th dimension... He got quite ill and perhaps never fully recovered. In the late 90's one of his CueTecs mysteriously spontaneously combusted. A piece of shrapnel lodged in his grip hand. A bad infection set in and as he was delerious upon his deathbed, someone summoned a VooDoo Doctor.

Doctor: "Meestor Strickman... Tis bad mon..."

Earl: "Oh please doc, save me, do whatever it takes!!! Anything!"

Doctor: "I can see but one way Mr Pearl. You must gib me your last iota of patience for slow play and hecklers."

Earl: "Oh man, it is desperate. I'm totally f'd now."

;) ;) ;) ;)

LOL..........I always wondered why Earl looked Possessed everytime he got irritated...........thanks for the clarification..............