Pivoting systems and their relationship to CTE

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sir,

I will leave it to All of the readers to make their own interpretation as to what was sold & why it was sold that way without buyers & those discussing it ever being told that it was an incomplete in development product.

Best 2 You & All.

You just leave it to the readers.

I taught Bssic CTE IN DVD1 and DVD 2 and I will also do so in my book.
I will also teach CTE PRO ONE and PRO ONE.

Stan Shuffett

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
You just leave it to the readers.

I taught Bssic CTE IN DVD1 and DVD 2 and I will also do so in my book.
I will also teach CTE PRO ONE and PRO ONE.

Stan Shuffett

Sir,

Regardless of what names are put on what, each individual can & should make their own determinations as to what it was or is.

Best 2 You & All.

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Logic has always had zero explanation for pivoting. Hal promoted pivoting. I practiced and used pivoting for years.,It worked! My reward for years of experience with pivoting is that I have come to understand why it's developmental. You would never get to my understanding in 100 years with what is available. You do not know how to use your eyes and you will need me to tell you for you to ever get it.

Stan Shuffett

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Learning CTE properly is a developmental task. Hal knew that CTE was visual in that a pivoting could be eliminated. Hal taught pivoting for proper sequential visual development. The pivot set up has a function in CTE that is visual.

Stan Shuffett

i am not a user of cte so i apologize if this question is basic or stupid
is the pivoting eliminated because after you have "visual memory" like muscle memory
you can approach the shot correctly without having to go thru the step of the pivot???
this may not be a good analogy but for other aiming systems if you are to use english
after awhile you dont need get down on center cue ball and aim center ball and then use bhe or fhe
you just get down with your tip at the place where you apply the english
since you already aligned yourself to the shot from the standing position

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i am not a user of cte so i apologize if this question is basic or stupid
is the pivoting eliminated because after you have "visual memory" like muscle memory
you can approach the shot correctly without having to go thru the step of the pivot???
this may not be a good analogy but for other aiming systems if you are to use english
after awhile you dont need get down on center cue ball and aim center ball and then use bhe or fhe
you just get down with your tip at the place where you apply the english
since you already aligned yourself to the shot from the standing position

No, developing memories is not in any way a part of it. Quite simply, when learning CTE it is best to have a complete view of the center of the CB without any interference from the tip. Once a player learns what to see during offsets then the tip at CCB can be filtered out with learned focusing skills.

Stan Shuffett

Last edited:

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
Logic has always had zero explanation for pivoting. Hal promoted pivoting. I practiced and used pivoting for years.,It worked! My reward for years of experience with pivoting is that I have come to understand why it's developmental. You would never get to my understanding in 100 years with what is available. You do not know how to use your eyes and you will need me to tell you for you to ever get it.

Stan Shuffett

Sir,

Science is not logic & I was talking about science & not logic. I will trust that God has given me & other human beings the ability to use our eyes just fine & I doubt that God put it upon you to teach human beings how to use their eyes to see.

The ability to not see a crooked line as straight is very important in pool & Gene Albreght can help those that have issues in that realm... But there is no mechanical visual process that will dictate to a player exactly what the shot is for any random shot. That is subjectively learned over time through the process of trial & error along with failures & successes & the subconscious mind builds a data base from which to use in order to assist the conscious efforts.

Best 2 You & All.

Last edited:

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sir,
Science is not logic & I was talking about science & not logic. I will trust that God has given me & other human beings the ability to use our eyes just fine & I doubt that God put it upon you to teach human beings how to use their eye to see.

The ability to not see a crooked line as straight is very important in pool & Gene Albreght can help those that have issues in that realm... But there is no mechanical visual process that will dictate to a player exactly what the shot is for any random shot. That is subjectively learned over time through the process of trial & error along with failures & successes & the sbconscious mind builds a data base crime which to use in order to assist the conscious efforts.

Best 2 You & All.

I have worked relentlessly for 10 years to understand how to teach others to use their vision for optimally seeing 2 spheres., CREDIT TO HAL AS ALWAYS.
You do not know how to use your vision correctly for CTE and you will never know until you are shown. You can not figure it out.

Stan Shuffett

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not exactly so. The clutter was the #of individuals that posted to me with nonsense that I then chose to show how nonsensical it was. Most of the discussions were/are about its validity as asserted & not about how to get or make it work, but I even opened several threads JUST for that purpose & the CTEers flamed even them before they could even get legs. The bottom line is they wanted me to censored because my position simply made & makes TOO much natural common sense. There is no Magic between 2 round solid spheres. There is just the physics & the geometry. Period. There are 360* to a circle & there 360* to ANY enclosed shape & NOT just a 2:1 Rectangle.

The only common sense that you make is in your own head. There is a reason that you've been the only person in the past that has been banned from posting in the aiming forum. Why you've been allowed back is well very suspicious.

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
I have worked relentlessly for 10 years to understand how to teach others to use their vision for optimally seeing 2 spheres., CREDIT TO HAL AS ALWAYS.
You do not know how to use your vision correctly for CTE and you will never know until you are shown. You can not figure it out.

Stan Shuffett

Sir,

Until it is shown & proven to be contrary to the subjective method as indicated by your own 5 shots video ( which I do not see as ever happening ) I have no desire to know how to use my "sight" for the purpose of your CTE.

If others so wish they are certainly at will to make that endeavor.

Best 2 You & All.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sir,

I will leave it to All of the readers to make their own interpretation as to what was sold & why it was sold that way without buyers & those discussing it ever being told that it was an incomplete in development product.

Best 2 You & All.

So you were given a legitimate answer to your question but can't handle the truth lol

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sir,

Best 2 You & All.

As I said regarding clutter...

Stan & I were having a non personal exchange of ideas & opinion... Until...

Sorry, Larry.

No, Stan was answering your questions and then you were telling him how wrong he was

Vorpal Cue

Just galumping back
Silver Member
I didn't know that the evolution of Hal's system with a pivoting mechanism turned into a system that eliminated it. I thought the use of a sweep (which I don't fully understand) was 'equal' in 'angles' to Hal's original 1/2 ball pivot. My understanding is that the pivot is still present but 'disguised' by using a sweep in Stan's method. Just my take on sweeps, and I realize I way be way off in left field over this opinion.

I'm a rookie concerning CTE and have only been tinkering with pivoting methods for a few months. There's 'something' behind the relationship of the different visuals, with a pivot to complete the process, that produces a shot line. I'd like to see if that 'something' can be defined in a way we can all agree on.

@ spidey: Please don't yell. There's a huge gulf between some members over this topic and emotion will only cloud the issues. If you disagree with a statement, it's more constructive to explain why you do and explain your point. The parallel shot thread bluepepper started turned into chaos at the end with taunts and " your mama wears combat boots" invectives. I hope for a happier ending in this one.

I've watched some of your videos and learned from them and I thank you for taking the time to produce them. You're passing on some valuable information you've gathered and the vids have explained some concepts I was unclear about. Keep them coming.

Last edited:

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I didn't know that the evolution of Hal's system with a pivoting mechanism turned into a system that eliminated it. I thought the use of a sweep (which I don't fully understand) was 'equal' in 'angles' to Hal's original 1/2 ball pivot. My understanding is that the pivot is still present but 'disguised' by using a sweep in Stan's method. Just my take on sweeps, and I realize I way be way off in left field over this opinion.

I'm a rookie concerning CTE and have only been tinkering with pivoting methods for a few months. There's 'something' behind the relationship of the different visuals, with a pivot to complete the process, that produces a shot line. I'd like to see if that 'something' can be defined in a way we can all agree on.

@ spidey: Please don't yell. There's a huge gulf between some members over this topic and emotion will only cloud the issues. If you disagree with a statement, it's more constructive to explain why you do and explain your point. The parallel shot thread bluepepper started turned into chaos at the end with taunts and " your mama wears combat boots" invectives. I hope for a happier ending in this one.

I've watched some of your videos and learned from them and I thank you for taking the time to produce them. You're passing on some valuable information you've gathered and the vids have explained some concepts I was unclear about. Keep them coming.

BASIC CTE--Manual pivoting is for learning visual sequencing and for learning the idea of in to out and out to in arm alignments. Very very foundational. Unconventional visual approach
Hal taught Efren CTE....Hal always asserted that Efren used CTE. No manual pivoting can be observed by Efren.
Pivoting is a means to an end. Pivot as in a pivot triangle is not required for CTE.
CTE PRO ONE is the mimic of pivoting with no purposeful sweep but more specifically an angling of the cue to what is seen.....unconventional visual approach.
PRO ONE---sweeps to the overcut shot line but with one's conventional vision alignment.

Stan Shuffett

Last edited:

Vorpal Cue

Just galumping back
Silver Member
BASIC CTE--Manual pivoting is for learning visual sequencing and for learning the idea of in to out and out to in arm alignments. Very very foundational. Unconventional visual approach
Hal taught Efren CTE....Hal always asserted that Efren used CTE. No manual pivoting can be observed by Efren.
Pivoting is a means to an end. Pivot as in a pivot triangle is not required for CTE.
CTE PRO ONE is the mimic of pivoting with no purposeful sweep but more specifically an angling of the cue to what is seen.....unconventional visual approach.
PRO ONE---sweeps to the overcut shot line but with one's conventional vision alignment.

Stan Shuffett

Thanks for the answer. I'm starting to get a 'glimmer' of understanding on how you have progressed from one form of your teaching with a pivot to the final understanding you have now. I'm looking forward to your book and hope it clears up the questions I have on how the cte versions evolved during your exploration of Hal's method.

My pivot triangle is just an attempt to show how different 'bites' of the cue ball rotated to the center affect the angle to the shot line. The trig behind it is elementary and easily explained by comparing line segments and their ratios. It's a 2D look at the idea of pivoting only. Your Pro system uses 3D clues which can't be laid out on a 2D surface like graph paper. I expected them to differ in their interpertation when the third dimension was considered. Thanks again.

About the bickering: If the thread can't be civil, I'll ask a moderator to close it down.

I don't want the last post to be a Porky Pig quote. Th-Th-Thhat's all Folks.

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the answer. I'm starting to get a 'glimmer' of understanding on how you have progressed from one form of your teaching with a pivot to the final understanding you have now. I'm looking forward to your book and hope it clears up the questions I have on how the cte versions evolved during your exploration of Hal's method.

My pivot triangle is just an attempt to show how different 'bites' of the cue ball rotated to the center affect the angle to the shot line. The trig behind it is elementary and easily explained by comparing line segments and their ratios. It's a 2D look at the idea of pivoting only. Your Pro system uses 3D clues which can't be laid out on a 2D surface like graph paper. I expected them to differ in their interpertation when the third dimension was considered. Thanks again.

About the bickering: If the thread can't be civil, I'll ask a moderator to close it down.

I don't want the last post to be a Porky Pig quote. Th-Th-Thhat's all Folks.

You are welcome and thank you.
My intentions have never been to bicker. I always give a straight answer based on what I choose to divulge at a particular juncture.

Stan Shuffett

Vorpal Cue

Just galumping back
Silver Member
I tried to send a PM to Arete and was unable to. Here's the message if he's still reading the thread.

I haven't forgotten your question about the distance between balls and how that affects the cut angle. I've come up with a 'shot box' that I'm using to examine it. The box is wide and short when the balls are close and becomes skinny and tall when the balls are at a longer distance. I plan to start with a 'square' box and see how the angles to the shot line differs between them. I may be off on a wild goose chase, I don't know

I'm hoping to get an equation that I can plug some values into and use the results to see if I can get a graphical plot that will help explain it. I'll keep you in the loop it I find something interesting.

Thanks for your questions.

Last edited:

Vorpal Cue

Just galumping back
Silver Member
I should have said that there is no phanomonon & that the sciences only allow for the 3 - 2 line visuals to yield only 6 lines as the precise prescribed pivot allows & that anything other than that would be due to subjective means.

All of the Best for You & Yours...& All.

I think Rick was pointing out that there are only a finite number of cut angles out of the object ball by using a CTE method. I agree with that. I also believe that CTE isn't used 'to aim at will' at a precise spot you happen to need. For example a bank into a frozen ball cluster to make one of them. Not as I understand it but I'm still a noob at this.

These are my assumptions and I may be wrong on both points. I'll wait and make sure I'm not barking up the wrong tree.