place to play

kling&allen

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Raytown Recreation. Go play on big bertha, a 10 foot Kling that was used for several world championship matches before WW2.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Raytown Recreation. Go play on big bertha, a 10 foot Kling that was used for several world championship matches before WW2.

Great news that Raytown is still there. I played there just the other day in 1965, Ha Ha! It's a real pool hall, with a nondescript entrance and steps down to the basement. Love those places, there are not many left. And I'm glad to hear Don Brink is still around as well. He has to be 80+ years old. He was a damn good Three Cushion player in his day.

kling&allen

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
what about side pockets north. shows they have diamond tables

Yep, side pockets is well run. I haven't been to that location but never heard anything bad.

You may also hear about Shooters in Olathe. It's a good place also but they have weird membership rules so call days in advance to see if you can get in.

kling&allen

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Great news that Raytown is still there. I played there just the other day in 1965, Ha Ha! It's a real pool hall, with a nondescript entrance and steps down to the basement. Love those places, there are not many left. And I'm glad to hear Don Brink is still around as well. He has to be 80+ years old. He was a damn good Three Cushion player in his day.

I'm pretty sure not a thing has changed since 1965.