Planning out the future of pool

justnum

Billiards Improvement Research Projects Associate
Silver Member
This is a talk about how the brand Nickolodeon creates content and recruits and does business.

The message around the culture is how easy it is to be part of it. They want to use the channel to create a self sustaining community, with waves of new people coming and going.

In pool the main waves are the major events. I just think its interesting how the two businesses are similar. I can imagine a lot of pool rooms

The best idea I came up with was a monthly media challenge.
The idea is to help promote pool rooms on what people can do when they are at a pool table and be proud of.

June could be best safe month, people post pics of their best safes to celebrate a Holiday
July could be best offensive shot to celebrate a Holiday.

The idea is to help new people appreciate just one thing for awhile. And sell the idea of table time.
As opposed to give them a boring encyclopedia made ten years on a website written in HTML.

This is what today's generation are most familiar with. They don't even know what a rotary phone is or a time before remote controls.
Start planning for it like you know what you are doing.

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ok. This makes more sense that that ridiculous test you’ve posted. But what platform do we post the videos? And if it’s anything other that trick shot videos the non players won’t even watch the video. Most rotation players won’t even watch a video about safeties. Right?

justnum

Silver Member
Ok. This makes more sense that that ridiculous test you’ve posted. But what platform do we post the videos? And if it’s anything other that trick shot videos the non players won’t even watch the video. Most rotation players won’t even watch a video about safeties. Right?

Well rotation players have to know which month of the year to promote to the regular pool community.

If you are not a serious pool fan would you want to hear the same yap from rotation players too much?

There are handsome male pool players and pretty female pool players.
There are pool players from different countries and different pool rooms.

A Pool room can be a travel destination or a pool pro that you want to meet.

Getting people interested in wanting to be in a pool room is what they dont know.

Regulars have to be the people saying get interested and this is why.

You've seen how Billy Thorpe promotes at the end of a local pool tournament, and thats during a match.

Would you trust the future of pool to some twenty something?

justnum

Silver Member
How about a cartoon that people can associate to pool and playing pool?

Which cartoon animal or character type would bait people into trying pool?

Bart Simpson skateboards
Ninja Turtles do Martial Arts
Dora Explores

______ plays pool
An animated cue that is a character.

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well rotation players have to know which month of the year to promote to the regular pool community.

If you are not a serious pool fan would you want to hear the same yap from rotation players too much?

Getting people interested in wanting to be in a pool room is what they dont know.

You've seen how Billy Thorpe promotes at the end of a local pool tournament, and thats during a match.

Well, I tried to give a sincere reply and you come back with this nonsense. Carry on, fool.

I'm gonna hit the room for a couple of hours before they open and let people like you in.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
Well, I tried to give a sincere reply and you come back with this nonsense. Carry on, fool.

I'm gonna hit the room for a couple of hours before they open and let people like you in.
I don't understand how you can even decipher what he is trying to say or ask. Half the sentances are either grammatically incomplete or don't even contain an identifiable thought.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
Justin Justin Justin
Knows all and better than anyone

Only area he lacks is his skills in the free paint editor that comes on his windows XP

jaime_lion

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is a talk about how the brand Nickolodeon creates content and recruits and does business.

The message around the culture is how easy it is to be part of it. They want to use the channel to create a self sustaining community, with waves of new people coming and going.

In pool the main waves are the major events. I just think its interesting how the two businesses are similar. I can imagine a lot of pool rooms

The best idea I came up with was a monthly media challenge.
The idea is to help promote pool rooms on what people can do when they are at a pool table and be proud of.

June could be best safe month, people post pics of their best safes to celebrate a Holiday
July could be best offensive shot to celebrate a Holiday.

The idea is to help new people appreciate just one thing for awhile. And sell the idea of table time.
As opposed to give them a boring encyclopedia made ten years on a website written in HTML.

This is what today's generation are most familiar with. They don't even know what a rotary phone is or a time before remote controls.
Start planning for it like you know what you are doing.

Why would doing this help pool?

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I have know what month it is? Fuckit, I'm out.

Cheap shot at Thorpe too, btw.

justnum

Silver Member
Why would doing this help pool?

Who said anything about helping pool.

This is about creating the next SVB or Effren Reyes.
Pool can be considered a part time hobby or sport.

Once a person levels up all they need to have is the desire to compete.

Most new players have desire to be at pool hall. Others have desire to compete.
Very few decide to level up.

The more time someone tries to level up means the more time they will be around a pool hall.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
You should read Willies World, Will Mosconi’s story.

Mosconi stated Pool has never been as big as in year he was born 1913.

Reactions: Pin

justnum

Silver Member
You should read Willies World, Will Mosconi’s story.

Mosconi stated Pool has never been as big as in year he was born 1913.
Its gamification.

Today's generation they need points and achievements for everything.

If DrDave had done a better job with his Billiard Ability Test then players might know which areas to improve on.

However due to the lack of statistics maintained by the WPA no player knows how to weight different aspects of the game, like safety versus offense, hard vs soft break. Well kept statistics will interest people and players to find their niche.
DrDave does not do that with his Billiard Records.

My suggestion based on this thread is to gamify the skills development process.

I hinted at it with the Billiard Aptitude test.

I have only 5 more free evaluations to do. If anyone wants to submit to the Billiard Aptitude Test, privately message me.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Its gamification.

Today's generation they need points and achievements for everything.

If DrDave had done a better job with his Billiard Ability Test then players might know which areas to improve on.

However due to the lack of statistics maintained by the WPA no player knows how to weight different aspects of the game, like safety versus offense, hard vs soft break. Well kept statistics will interest people and players to find their niche.
DrDave does not do that with his Billiard Records.

My suggestion based on this thread is to gamify the skills development process.

I hinted at it with the Billiard Aptitude test.

I have only 5 more free evaluations to do. If anyone wants to submit to the Billiard Aptitude Test, privately message me.
You can't measure importance of various elements required.

It is like speed, there's lots of ways to go fast and horsepower, aerodynamics, propulsion mode...each can have a dominating effect over the others, but all can go 100mph.

Everybody has their own unique attributes, skills and lack thereof.

There's more than one way to skin a cat.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
stick to minecraft and stop trying to pretend like you know anything about billiards mr plays with gum on the cue tip

justnum

Silver Member
stick to minecraft and stop trying to pretend like you know anything about billiards mr plays with gum on the cue tip

I am developing a magic trick routine for a show.

If I layer adhesives with magnets near the cue tip, that is the only place to hide stuff on a pool cue.

I think it will make for some interesting effects.

Imagine a pool show where the cue ball is magnetized just like the cue stick but no one knows.

It'd be more fun than fake videos that take forever to make and can't be done in a live performance.

• Wow
Reactions: Pin