Play tourneuments at your own time

naji

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello all pool fans,
All good tournaments these days take a lot of one time slot, and a lots of waiting time, especially one pocket ones. Is there a system already in place to have players in bracket play at their own arranged time and of course same pool hall, such that tournaments end say in a week, with semi and finals predetermined time. Is there online tracking system for such, i know golf has pre determined match slots

Thanks.
 
Hello all pool fans,
All good tournaments these days take a lot of one time slot, and a lots of waiting time, especially one pocket ones. Is there a system already in place to have players in bracket play at their own arranged time and of course same pool hall, such that tournaments end say in a week, with semi and finals predetermined time. Is there online tracking system for such, i know golf has pre determined match slots

Thanks.
I don't know of any pool tournaments that do it like that, but I do know some 3c (smaller) events give a window within which players can play matches...

And I do know that I am available for some 1on1 tournaments w/ you:wink:!!
 
I have never seen a tournament format like that used before. A friend and I started a one pocket league a few years ago where you could play your match at any time during the calendar week. It was convenient for the players and everyone enjoyed it.
 
I don't know of any pool tournaments that do it like that, but I do know some 3c (smaller) events give a window within which players can play matches...

And I do know that I am available for some 1on1 tournaments w/ you:wink:!!

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOu , for sure one day, and that day would be, i walk to a pool hall and you are practicing, and you and I have time to shoot, what a coincidence that would be? and have to be either Lucy's or Hi Cue in Arlington? (none smoking)
 
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOu , for sure one day, and that day would be, i walk to a pool hall and you are practicing, and you and I have time to shoot, what a coincidence that would be? and have to be either Lucy's or Hi Cue in Arlington? (none smoking)

Quit your wigglin! I have a great gold crown at home and there is no way I am going into either of those to pay to play on substandard equipment and hope your tuff action-ass walks in!

All pool rooms in VA are non-smoking.
 
I wrote the Pocket Billiards Ladder several years ago. A revised version was published by the BCA but I think they stopped publishing with a change in administration.
Here is the latest revision.

http://billiards.colostate.edu/PBReview/PocketBilliardsLadderl.htm

In essence the Challenge Ladder can be used for an extended tournament over several weeks or months.

In this system the player is entered into the system and can challenge one level up. Matches are scheduled when each player is available. After x number of days, weeks, or months the ladder is closed and the winner is at the top of the heap.

In this system you can continue to challenge until the ladder ends.
 
Last edited:
I wrote the Pocket Billiards Ladder several years ago. A revised version was published by the BCA but I think they stopped publishing with a change in administration.
Here is the latest revision.

http://billiards.colostate.edu/PBReview/PocketBilliardsLadderl.htm

In essence the Challenge Ladder can be used for an extended tournament over several weeks or months.

In this system the player is entered into the system and can challenge one level up. Matches are scheduled when each player is available. After x number of days, weeks, or months the ladder is closed and the winner is at the top of the heap.

In this system you can continue to challenge until the ladder ends.


Thanks much Joe. I will check into it.
 
I have never seen a tournament format like that used before. A friend and I started a one pocket league a few years ago where you could play your match at any time during the calendar week. It was convenient for the players and everyone enjoyed it.
Could you share some details about how this works?
 
One pocket tournament

I know that at Shurtz Custom Cues, or Tight Pockets as it is known, because they have 4 GC's in the front of the shop, that they had a continuing 1 Pocket tournament, where each level of the brackets were given, I believe, 2 weeks to play their match. And they just continued until they had a final winner, and then they would start another one.
 
Back
Top