Played and Unplayed

alpine9430

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just received the Barry last night and I thought I would share my two favorite cues...
My playing cue is the Black Boar while the vault holds the unplayed Barry.

Myron

Last edited:

Big-Tattoo

I'm back
Silver Member
Hi Myron,
I like your new Buddys,the Szam is my Favorit,I come too late for this beauty :-(
Ralf

guycrunch

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
myron, congrats on the barry. after all is said and done, a szamboti is still the cue that everyone wants to have and that one is gorgeous.

guy

alpine9430

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
cueaddicts said:
that union is ready for some offspring....
I agree...
I will have to figure out what is next after Bill Schick completes a refinish (really looking forward to that) to compliment this set.
But then again, you have at least one if not two cues in your CP collection I would love to have.
I was a Navy Scuba Diver but I doubt if I can hold my breath long enough when you would let any of those go.

Sean - let me just say thanks for the Barry.
It is really a great cue and if not for the correspondence when you found the cue I may have missed a chance on this one.

Tell your partners thanks as well for everything.
Myron

alpine9430

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Guy and Ralf

Thanks for the kind words and the cue is just more incredible than the pictures can show. But so is the Boar and I thought showing both would be best.

The Barry will remain unplayed for now so I may have to find another to play with.
The balance on this one is just so sweet that I am tempted...NOT, Better not even think about that.

Myron

Matt_24

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Guess that answers my question on whether I can take a few shots with it....LOL. That Barry is BEGGING to hit some balls. Awesome cue!

I have hit with a high end GUS SZAM years ago....very nice.

FAST_N_LOOSE

<--THE AMAZING JESSE JANE
Silver Member
I Was There When The Cueaddicts Boys Picked Up This Barry, So I Had The Chance To See It In Person. It's A Very Nice Cue. I'm Sure You'll Enjoy It. I'm Surprised They Let It Go, I Know They Were Very Happy To Get It.

skins

Likes to draw
Silver Member
alpine9430 said:
Just received the Barry last night and I thought I would share my two favorite cues...
My playing cue is the Black Boar while the vault holds the unplayed Barry.

Myron

after seeing some of Tony's less intricate work go for big $, i would get another "player" and put the BB in with the Barry. besides even "Barry's" get lonley sometimes. :)

alpine9430

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
FAST_N_LOOSE said:
I Was There When The Cueaddicts Boys Picked Up This Barry, So I Had The Chance To See It In Person. It's A Very Nice Cue. I'm Sure You'll Enjoy It. I'm Surprised They Let It Go, I Know They Were Very Happy To Get It.
I am sure they considered keeping it since it was a period of time since the acquisition to when they posted it.
Seems like you get to see all these keys I either acquire or am interested in.
Will have to ensure we cross paths at the same times cues cross your path!
Myron

alpine9430

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
skins said:
after seeing some of Tony's less intricate work go for big $, i would get another "player" and put the BB in with the Barry. besides even "Barry's" get lonley sometimes. :)
That is the plan...
I have an order with Jim White for a hoppe cue that will become my player.
Cannot wait for the call that he is about to put wood to the lathe and checks to see if anything is changing since we spoke last.
The Barry will have company with both the BB and a Schick as soon as Bill completes his refinish and makes the large ivory pieces a bit more noticed.

Thanks,
Myron

alpine9430

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Matt_24 said:
Guess that answers my question on whether I can take a few shots with it....LOL. That Barry is BEGGING to hit some balls. Awesome cue!

I have hit with a high end GUS SZAM years ago....very nice.
It is in fact begging for a tour on the table but this cue will stay mint...
Unless of course I find something fancier but the selections are getting slim so I am sure that will not occur any time soon.

Now some 30 years ago, I had a chance to see some Gus's and Bushka's but do not remember how they played. Trying to refresh my memory with the latest pieces.

Looking forward to seeing you when you are up to some playing.
Myron

FAST_N_LOOSE

<--THE AMAZING JESSE JANE
Silver Member
alpine9430 said:
I am sure they considered keeping it since it was a period of time since the acquisition to when they posted it.
Seems like you get to see all these keys I either acquire or am interested in.
Will have to ensure we cross paths at the same times cues cross your path!
Myron

TIMING FOR MEETING PEOPLE HAS NEVER BEEN MY STRONG POINT, BUT I'M SURE WE'LL MEET AT SOME POINT DOWN THE ROAD. I LOOK FORWARD TO IT.

8-ball Rat

I'll eat you alive.....
Silver Member
Looks as thought the BB is in, yet again, REALLY good company, Myron!! The Barry is absolutely gorgeous. Congrats on the pick-up. Looking forward to seeing that one in person, the next time we can meet up!

I'll see if I can time it to where Matt and I are there at the same time....and I'll hold him back from trying to shoot some balls with the Szam.

He don't look like much...but he's squirrely!! :) :)

Be good.

Mark

JimmyRayK

Gina collector
Silver Member
Big congratulations

Myron,
Wow!!!!! Two outstanding pieces for a very deserving person. They would be a highlight in anyone's collection. :) :) :)

After I finalize my next two big pick ups that are in the works, a Barry cue is on the distant horizon. At least I sure hope so.

Take care and enjoy,
Jim Kissinger

alpine9430

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jimmyrayk said:
Myron,
Wow!!!!! Two outstanding pieces for a very deserving person. They would be a highlight in anyone's collection. :) :) :)

After I finalize my next two big pick ups that are in the works, a Barry cue is on the distant horizon. At least I sure hope so.

Take care and enjoy,
Jim Kissinger
Jim

I went for the moon on this one and now to back off and go after the cues that are more down to earth...Well maybe!
Will be looking forward to seeing the latest piece in the works being that the master cuemaker is on my list of future NEW acquisitions.
Hoping to compare notes as well being that we have some similar tastes.

Myron

Vinman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Congrats!

Congrats on two beautiful cues! I especially like the Black Boar.

TommyT

Obsessed
Silver Member
A great looking cue!!!. Better than money in the bank. Barry makes a great Szamboti.

TommyT

jkmarshall_cues

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Myron,

First off I must say WOW!! I'm jealous. That Szam is nice, but the BB splice work looks fantastic. I bet they both look much nicer up close and personal. I've never owned a BB or Szamboti. Out here where I live we don't see many available for sale, nor are the locals playing with them. My loss obviously. Looks like I may have to sell a couple of my cues and try one out.

Thanks for sharing.
John