Players list 14.1 NCS Aug. 1st & 2nd

selftaut

straight pool nut
Silver Member
Streamed free by Pat Flemming www.Accu-Stats.com Sat. & Sun. Aug. 1-2.

The 1st Annual NCS National 14.1 Championship hosted by Comet Billiards in Parsippany, NJ. Thanks Bill Haley! And thank you NCS team from Cuesports International www.playcsipool.com.

Payouts:

1st - Spot to the 2009 14.1 World Championship (value $565), an OB Cue exclusively designed by Danny Janes of Joss Cues for OB Cues (value $812.50), custom engraved Delta-13 rack, custom engraved solid crystal trophy, and $1550. (total package $3207.50)

2nd - Spot to the 2009 World 14.1 Championship (value $565), the new OB Cues Breakcue (value $385), and $1270. (total package $2220)

3rd - $1000.00

4th - $750.00

5th -$550.00

6th - $550.00

Competitor List

Coby Atkins (PA)
Danny Barouty (NY)
Lou Biele (OH)
Jeff Crawford (CO)
Chris Czonstka (PA)
Bill Dunnsmore (FL)
Jim Gottier (NY)
John Kutcher ( NV)
Blair Levandowsky (NY)
Steve Lipsky (NJ)
Dan Louie (WA)
Chris Lynch (NY)
Bob Madenjian (CT)
Richard Michalec Jr. (IL)
Jeff Murray (VA)
William O'Brian (WA)
Mark Ritter (IL)
Jude Rosenstock (NY)
Brandon Shuff (VA)
Matt Tetreault (MA)
Tom Walter (NY)
Mike Yednak (NY)

Last edited:

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Only 22 players?! What happened to all the other players who qualified? Like Nevel, Hunter, etc. Thought Schmidt too.

selftaut

straight pool nut
Silver Member
Only 22 players?! What happened to all the other players who qualified? Like Nevel, Hunter, etc. Thought Schmidt too.
Yes those players qualified along with several others, basically no shows I assume since this is the list Holly put out. Its really to bad because they knocked out some others that may have liked to qualify, they shouldn't play in qualifiers if they don't plan on attending the championship, simple as that.

Last edited:

dmgwalsh

Straight Pool Fanatic
Silver Member
Streamed free by Pat Flemming www.Accu-Stats.com Sat. & Sun. Aug. 1-2.

The 1st Annual NCS National 14.1 Championship hosted by Comet Billiards in Parsippany, NJ. Thanks Bill Haley! And thank you NCS team from Cuesports International www.playcsipool.com.

Payouts:

1st - Spot to the 2009 14.1 World Championship (value $565), an OB Cue exclusively designed by Danny Janes of Joss Cues for OB Cues (value $812.50), custom engraved Delta-13 rack, custom engraved solid crystal trophy, and $1550. (total package $3207.50)

2nd - Spot to the 2009 World 14.1 Championship (value $565), the new OB Cues Breakcue (value $385), and $1270. (total package $2220)

3rd - $1000.00

4th - $750.00

5th -$550.00

6th - $550.00

Competitor List

Coby Atkins (PA)
Danny Barouty (NY)
Lou Biele (OH)
Jeff Crawford (CO)
Chris Czonstka (PA)
Bill Dunnsmore (FL)
Jim Gottier (NY)
John Kutcher ( NV)
Blair Levandowsky (NY)
Steve Lipsky (NJ)
Dan Louie (WA)
Chris Lynch (NY)
Bob Madenjian (CT)
Richard Michalec Jr. (IL)
Jeff Murray (VA)
William O'Brian (WA)
Mark Ritter (IL)
Jude Rosenstock (NY)
Brandon Shuff (VA)
Matt Tetreault (MA)
Tom Walter (NY)
Mike Yednak (NY)

Does anyone have updated brackets? The AZB ones are two games back. http://www.azbilliards.com/brackets/show32ws.cfm?tourneynum=3969

Rich R.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does anyone have updated brackets? The AZB ones are two games back.

I know Dan Louie won his match against Matt Tetreault last night. That match was on the streaming video. I don't know any other results.

I would really like to know the result of the Steve Lipsky vs Brandon Shuff match.

Steve Lipsky

On quest for perfect 14.1
Silver Member
Hey guys. Brandon and I played a really tough match, and I was fortunate enough to come out on top, 150-107. He is a great, respectful player with a really thoughtful approach to straight pool. Lots of talented kids like him just brute-force their way through straight pool racks - Brandon plays the game intelligently and purposefully. I really enjoyed our match, and I'd have said that if I lost.

This leaves me vs. my friend Jim Gottier in one winner's side match, and Tom Walter vs. Dan Louie in the other.

The only loser side match I definitely know is Barouty vs. the winner of Shuff and Dunsmore.

Will try to update you guys as the day progresses...

- Steve

Last edited:

dmgwalsh

Straight Pool Fanatic
Silver Member
Hey guys. Brandon and I played a really tough match, and I was fortunate enough to come out on top, 150-107. He is a great, respectful player with a really thoughtful approach to straight pool. Lots of talented kids like him just brute-force their way through straight pool racks - Brandon plays the game intelligently and purposefully. I really enjoyed our match, and I'd have said that if I lost.

This leaves me vs. my friend Jim Gottier in one winner's side match, and Tom Walter vs. Dan Louie in the other.

The only loser side match I definitely know is Barouty vs. the winner of Shuff and Dunsmore.

Will try to update you guys as the day progresses...

- Steve

So Dunsmore must have beat Atkins and Ricky Michalec. I have an old 14.1 vhs of Dunsmore and Cicero Murphy, I think.

selftaut

straight pool nut
Silver Member
So Dunsmore must have beat Atkins and Ricky Michalec. I have an old 14.1 vhs of Dunsmore and Cicero Murphy, I think.

My good friend Billy can play for sure, although not like he could back in the 80's. But hats off to a guy in his later sixties and having fought off a brain tumor for hanging in there and supporting straight pool like he has all his life. Good for you Bill Dunsmore, a true warrior.

And lets not forget a shout out to my friend Tom Walter as well , still hanging around on the winners side! Go Tom!

And also to both Steve and Danny, 2 great champions still knockin 'em down!

Last edited: