Playing Position based off of Diamonds and object ball position?

jgroom972

"shootin' from the hip"
I was watching a video by Ron Vitello (2nd disc) 90/90. In the video, he is demonstrating a 2 rail kicking system (Plus 2 Additive System). After he shows the system, he says that you can also use this to get position, and that he would show later in the video how to do it. I have watched to the end of the video, and it isn't mentioned. Does anyone have any info on what he is referring to? Are there any systems that use the diamonds in that manner to gain position? Any info/advice is appreciated. Thanks in advance

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
I was watching a video by Ron Vitello (2nd disc) 90/90. In the video, he is demonstrating a 2 rail kicking system (Plus 2 Additive System). After he shows the system, he says that you can also use this to get position, and that he would show later in the video how to do it. I have watched to the end of the video, and it isn't mentioned. Does anyone have any info on what he is referring to? Are there any systems that use the diamonds in that manner to gain position? Any info/advice is appreciated. Thanks in advance
Probably just assume the CB's starting position is where it contacts the OB and work the system from there - up to you to get the right carom angle.

pj
chgo

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Probably just assume the CB's starting position is where it contacts the OB and work the system from there - up to you to get the right carom angle. ...
Yes. This is a standard way to turn a kicking system into a position-play system. In carom, it's how you turn a kicking system into a way to get to the second object ball.