Playing with a Broomstick

softshot

Simplify
Silver Member
Yeah, I know. Instead of using the right tools I settled for right now when it came to materials. If I can find a 15/16" tip maybe I can enter the next broomstick (BS 2 a.k.a. BS, Too) as a monster cue at cuezilla.com.

the BS 2 should be a two piece LOL

imagine the look on peoples faces when you pull THAT out of a case :thumbup2:

Underclocked

.........Whut?.........
Silver Member
Just cut the tongue out of someone else's boot, trace the outline, cut, glue and shape. I didn't notice either thickness or hardness being much of a factor. :grin:

Rethunk

Snooker pimp
Silver Member
Two-piece BS 2 with custom rethunk tip

I like the hell out of all of these ideas.

Maybe check out Tandy leather supplies?

Nice, and right up the road.

the BS 2 should be a two piece LOL
imagine the look on peoples faces when you pull THAT out of a case

I hadn't even considered that. That gives me a wacky idea for a somewhat non-traditional joint. More on this subject after I've had a chance to scrounge for parts.

Just cut the tongue out of someone else's boot, trace the outline, cut, glue and shape. I didn't notice either thickness or hardness being much of a factor.

Good point. I wonder if there are any shoes in the house the dog has snacked on.

I have a Home Depot gift card, so maybe it's time I went shopping again. Stay tuned.

busby busybody

Registered
I like the hell out of all of these ideas.

Nice, and right up the road.

I hadn't even considered that. That gives me a wacky idea for a somewhat non-traditional joint. More on this subject after I've had a chance to scrounge for parts.

Good point. I wonder if there are any shoes in the house the dog has snacked on.

I have a Home Depot gift card, so maybe it's time I went shopping again. Stay tuned.

Too much fun, Think about some points. Got a Sharpie? Also a wrap? Duct tape? Or some foil for that much sought after 70's disco look. BB

poolsucker

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i spent 4 years on the road with top level players, but in college a friend of mine got 10 to 1 and put up a $100 in 1 game and won with a broomstick. true story ask sam kirby aka satman.
Too much fun, Think about some points. Got a Sharpie? Also a wrap? Duct tape? Or some foil for that much sought after 70's disco look. BB

Rethunk

Snooker pimp
Silver Member

I'm a fan of floating points myself. Maybe I could convince my dad to give up some old muscle car stripes or something.

I like the duct tape wrap idea. The snootier cue enthusiast might opt for gaffer's tape.

Rethunk

Snooker pimp
Silver Member
"This is Ames, mister."

I keep forgetting to post this photo of the butt end of the BS 1:

bs1ames.jpg

That's the brand Home Depot happened to have.

Give Willie Mosconi a broomstick with a good tip and he'll not only make some remarkable shots, he'll sweep the joint out afterward.

- Robert Byrne, Standard Book of Pool and Billiards

cuejunkie

"In the Shadows"
Silver Member
broom sneaky pete

haven't read through the entire thread, but the story from the OP was a great read.
an amateur cue maker i know made a broomstick conversion 4 pointer with a sneaky joint and shaft to match. broom cue shot great but whisks tickled a bit.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
haven't read through the entire thread, but the story from the OP was a great read.
an amateur cue maker i know made a broomstick conversion 4 pointer with a sneaky joint and shaft to match. broom cue shot great but whisks tickled a bit.

Thank you. Thankyouberrymuch.

Lou Figueroa

deadstroke13

The Banker
Silver Member
I've actually played with a broomstick. lol I even chalked it up. I beat a couple of people using a broomstick. Bad thing is you have to be dead on your aim.

deadstroke13

The Banker
Silver Member
I happen to be at the moose today. Grabbed a broomstick and started playing on a 7 foot table. I was making bank shots like no tomorrow. I even made a good 3 rail shot, and I had no chalk on the end of the broomstick :p

eaglemanmike

WTB--A New Stroke !
I grew up playing in a place called the Rack and Cue in Owensboro, Ky. It was owned by Nick Varners' parents at the time. I can't tell you how many Saturday nights we watched Nick go to the broom closet and "clean house" rack after rack.