Please help $5000 Dufferin Pool table!!!!!!!!!!!!

waldemar

Hi there,

I came across a very nice Dufferin Pool table. Does anyone know the value of this pool table? Is there a way to tell? I don't want to pay more than its worth. I don't know anything about pool table but if I would knew the model # I could look it up and check the price. Anyways I am going tomorrow to look at it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Link below:

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-other-furnit...ble/565494784?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Thanks Guys

cuejo

Cue Repair tech
Silver Member
Dufferin has been out of the table game for years....
Around here a 9' goes for around a grand...
The anniversary model was solid oak and those are still getting around a grand.
I have an oversize 8' that I had the rails rebuilt from mark Gregory to the tune of around 1500$ that is way more than the table could be sold for...

gutshot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It "retails" for about $6500 which means nothing. New they are "on sale" for about $2500. Realistically, used maybe $500-$1000. Just another furniture table that there are tens of thousands of.

Billiard_Junkie

Registered
I was, at one point, looking for a re-sale furniture table. In Ontario, the prices for a 9 footer like the above would be between $1000 and $1600. I wouldn't go higher than $1600.00.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For $5,000 you can get a very nice new table, or a VERY VERY nice used table.

For that price, really only two tables that should be looked at, a Gold Crown in great shape with pro done new rails and pockets or a Diamond.

You can find great tables for $1,000 - $1,000. A well used Gold Crown III is probably about $1,000 with another $600 for new rails and cloth to make the table play like new.

randytabares

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For $5,000 you can get a very nice new table, or a VERY VERY nice used table.

For that price, really only two tables that should be looked at, a Gold Crown in great shape with pro done new rails and pockets or a Diamond.

You can find great tables for $1,000 - $1,000. A well used Gold Crown III is probably about $1,000 with another $600 for new rails and cloth to make the table play like new.

I agree.If you were going to spend 5k I would go with what hang the 9 is suggesting. More bang for your buck and both great tables. I searched and searched for a table. I was in the 1500 to 2000 range. I ended up calling Diamond and spending the extra money on a table I will never have to replace(my avatar). Happy hunting, I did enjoy the search lol.

poolguppy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
5k isn't at all realistic. My custom mission style golden west may have retailed for 8k, but you can buy them all day long for 1k-1.5k in perfect shape. Even occasionally see them in the 500 -750 range. If your looking to spend that kind of money find a diamond.

DaveK

Still crazy after all these years
Silver Member
It "retails" for about $6500 which means nothing. New they are "on sale" for about $2500. Realistically, used maybe $500-$1000. Just another furniture table that there are tens of thousands of.

Not sure about the original list price, but I agree it is a $1000 table. As far as being a "ONE of a KIND POOL TABLE" ... Al at Snooker Shack has about 6 or 8 of them, and George at Pacific has 4 or 6 .... and that's just here in Saskatoon.

There was a guy in Hudson Bay Saskatchewan selling Dufferin Challenger (commercial) tables for $1000. He had 8', 9', and 10' tables last time I spoke with him. If you are interested drop me a PM and I'll give you his number.

Dave

ROB.M

:)
Silver Member
Table

I'll dig thru some catalogs I have to see if I have more info on the table for you.

Rob.M

ROB.M

:)
Silver Member
Table

Any luck on this table? Did you check in to it in person?
All I came up with was possibly a dufferin ASHTON.
Several of the tables look real similar. Round or squared table legs was optional on many of the dufferin tables.

Best of luck'

Rob.M

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 3,078