Please HELP!!!Brunswick Centennial Cue vs Mcdermott G-Core

westclox

Registered
Hi guys I'm in the market to buy my first cue. I have heard great reviews about the Mcdermott G-core. I am hesitating because of the 200 price on it. I know somebody selling a Brunswick centennial cue for $50 are these any good???? What are the differences between them and is worth spending the extra money??? Thanks you guys are a lot of help!

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
Have you tried both cues out? For my first cue, I bought a $50 sneaky pete and it worked for me until I upgraded a year later to a $200 Huebler sneaky pete. I kept the first sneaky as a backup cue, until one day I sold it to a team mate who swore it played alot better than his $100 cue.

For a first cue, keep it simple. Just make sure it has good shaft wood (maple) and a leather tip (Le Pro). This may be your first cue, but I guarantee it won't be your last.

Last edited:

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
Correction, at least a LePro. LePro is the least expensive name brand tip and probably the most common. Some people may argue that its not the best, its not the worst either, in any case its not an unknown (predictable). If you're a beginner like me, any stick will do.

BrokeStroke

I need the wild 2.
Silver Member
If you are thinking about the Centennial cue, I would advise you to spend an extra $20-$50 and get a Players. They are some of the best hitting 'entry level' cues out there for the price. They run from $49-$110 and they come with a good tip.

Whatever you decide to get, good luck! :)

atthecat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just bought a McDermott G-Force cue. It's my "car" cue. In other words I don't care if it get ripped off and it's always with me. There are a couple of things that I like about it. McDermott has a lifetime warranty. If anything warps just send it back, no questions asked. Can't beat that. The cue feels pretty nice too. I draw well with it.
I'm an old school guy. My main player is a '74 Joss. There are a few new cue issues with the McDermott. The shaft is a real white wood that can't stay clean. Ferrule holds chalk. The wrap is super cheap and after 4 longs sessions it looks about 5 years old.
Overall, good purchase for the playability and warranty.
Billiards.com has them for cheap with lots of freebies like case, shaft mm and choice of wrap.