Please Make the 4 Ball purple again

flyrv9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Seems they have solved this problem in the UK. Watched some 8 ball the other day and they have 7 red balls 7 yellow balls with no numbers; with the 8 ball a blue striped ball. Looks like a 10 ball with an 8 on it.

Also the table looks like a 7' table but has some differences:

No diamonds or spots on the rails.

Foot-string appears to be closer to the end rail.

Cushions don't come to a point - they are flat nosed.

There appears to be some rule differences too.

Here is a look

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmZyNxwUHdw

vjmehra

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Seems they have solved this problem in the UK. Watched some 8 ball the other day and they have 7 red balls 7 yellow balls with no numbers; with the 8 ball a blue striped ball. Looks like a 10 ball with an 8 on it.

Also the table looks like a 7' table but has some differences:

No diamonds or spots on the rails.

Foot-string appears to be closer to the end rail.

Cushions don't come to a point - they are flat nosed.

There appears to be some rule differences too.

Here is a look

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmZyNxwUHdw

It does make 9-Ball really difficult though ;-)

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In the 90's I attended a Camel Tour Pro stop in Nashville. It was held in the Convention Center. All the tables had Camel colored Simonis and it was easy to see all colors no matter where you were sitting.
On the floor near the vendors they had a table set up with that cloth so you could test hit cues. It was unbelievable how distinct the balls looked on that cloth.I never understood why for TV they never used that color cloth.

What color did they use? Tan type of color?

DaveInSC

Banger
I have problems with a lot of streams determining what ball is what. My step son was telling me what was where yesterday. Why don't they just use "normal" balls?

My wife just started playing, I tell her what color to shoot next lol! She will eventually learn the numbers. I can say "shoot the 2" and she has no idea. Her game is improving a LOT though!

flyrv9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree on TV it's tough to tell sometimes. The 4 and 7 are the worst I think. Some of it depends on the video set up. You can tell when they switch cameras. Sometimes it looks like a different table the colors are so different. Some of that is adjustable by the video tech and some is lighting.

However, Aramith sells what they call a TV set of balls with the odd colored 7, 4 and others. If it was intended to show up better for TV it appears to be having the opposite effect. Not sure otherwise why the did it.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I agree on TV it's tough to tell sometimes. The 4 and 7 are the worst I think. Some of it depends on the video set up. You can tell when they switch cameras. Sometimes it looks like a different table the colors are so different. Some of that is adjustable by the video tech and some is lighting.

However, Aramith sells what they call a TV set of balls with the odd colored 7, 4 and others. If it was intended to show up better for TV it appears to be having the opposite effect. Not sure otherwise why the did it.

I would like to see the traditional colors also...but the hues could change.....

IMG_4680.PNG

The four ball retains the traditional purple....but towards the mauve or lilac

IMG_4682.JPG

The seven ball could lean to the burgundy...a little more purple in it

IMG_4683.JPG

The two and six balls of the old Rashig sets are great

The three ball could be a brighter red

9andout

Gunnin' for a 3 pack!!
Silver Member
I'm with the OP!!!!!!
In the 90's I attended a Camel Tour Pro stop in Nashville. It was held in the Convention Center. All the tables had Camel colored Simonis and it was easy to see all colors no matter where you were sitting.
On the floor near the vendors they had a table set up with that cloth so you could test hit cues. It was unbelievable how distinct the balls looked on that cloth.I never understood why for TV they never used that color cloth.
I have camel / tan colored cloth.
Aha! Maybe that's why I play so bad outside of my basement! :grin-square:

budonahog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was there this weekend as well. Both in the stands and on the floor. Maybe I am a little color blind (never detected in any test I ever did) but I had a hard time telling the difference between that 4 and 5 ball.

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
Count me among those who prefer the traditional colors, eggplant colored 4 ball.

But I'm an old geezer & my opinion doesn't matter.

franko

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Love

I'm with the OP!!!!!!

I have camel / tan colored cloth.
Aha! Maybe that's why I play so bad outside of my basement! :grin-square:

I love the picture in your avatar it does show how well the colors stand out on that cloth.