Pocket plastic annoyance....

btoneill

Keeper of the Cheese
Silver Member
Not sure if anyone has any fixes/tricks/etc for this or if I just have to deal with it... But....

I have a Gandy Big G with drop pockets. When I have the cue ball sitting in or really close to the pocket I tend to with my bridge have the cue slide on the plastic at the top of the pocket liner. The problem is, a good portion of the time this leaves an annoying black line of plastic on my cue that I have to grab my towel and rub off. Is there any way to stop this from happening other than not doing it?

Thanks,
Brian

olsonsview

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
pocket plastic

I do not consider myself a pro, though I have recovered a couple dozen tables in the past. I had a table that marked cues, I replaced the plastic pocket with new ones and presto, no more marking! Hope that helps.

OTLB

Banned
Take a piece of clear packing tape and go over the top edge and rub down with your finger, trim so it's just on the top edge where your cue rubs

n10spool

PHD in table mechanics
Silver Member
You can also place a towel over the pocket or a doller bill over the edge while shooting. Another is grip the pocket and shoot over your nuckles solid bridge and the cue gets no marks or transfer on it.

Craig

btoneill

Keeper of the Cheese
Silver Member
You can also place a towel over the pocket or a doller bill over the edge while shooting. Another is grip the pocket and shoot over your nuckles solid bridge and the cue gets no marks or transfer on it.

Craig

The thing I don't like with the nuckle or any other bridge in that position is that it causes me to have to jack up the rear of my cue. I much prefer keeping my cue as parallel to the table as possible which helps keep my stroke proper.

I think I'm going to try putting some wax on the top and see if that helps, if not I think I'm going to give the tape a try.

Thanks,
Brian

n10spool

PHD in table mechanics
Silver Member
another one to use is a piece of plastic tube like mesh used for cat5-6 cabling someone tried to sell it as a slip tube for breaking that you hold onto and slide over the shaft. It works I have one in my truck some were.

Craig