pocketing balls when cold or out of rythym

magicrat69210

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
OK i know im probably reaching when i ask for help with this. And I have a feeling the answer is going to be countless hours of repitition.... I am a fair player and i think my ball pocketing is a strength especially when long or shots with a bit of angle.....Anyways its a strength when playing 9 ball.....When i play one pocket and the game slows down and ive been moving back and forth for 10 minutes i tend to shank a long or semi difficult shot that i normally make when playing 9 ball.....Is there a cure for this??

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
OK i know im probably reaching when i ask for help with this. And I have a feeling the answer is going to be countless hours of repitition.... I am a fair player and i think my ball pocketing is a strength especially when long or shots with a bit of angle.....Anyways its a strength when playing 9 ball.....When i play one pocket and the game slows down and ive been moving back and forth for 10 minutes i tend to shank a long or semi difficult shot that i normally make when playing 9 ball.....Is there a cure for this??
I suspect you don't have a solid pre-shot routine. Can you post a video of some shots, preferably shooting straight at the camera?

magicrat69210

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
cant post a video at this time......but....GUILTY AS CHARGED.....i could use a more consistant preshot routine sir. i wanted to plead the 5th but ill take the wrap for this one

FranCrimi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You resemble somebody I used to know.

If you're a rhythm player, one pocket is your worst nightmare. You can't play it like other games. You will have to slow down. As Bob wrote, develop a pre-shot routine and stick to it. Forget about finding your rhythm with this game. Take it one shot at a time. Slowly.

If you want rhythm, play a different game.