Polishing Balls

blud

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
polishing balls

To Chalks Billiards, and all my friends who do care about apperance of there rooms and reaction of the balls.

Many thanks for coming to the defence of clean balls..

To Fast Larry,

It appears, that FL, is an expert on trickery, and not playing with clean BALLS. FL, perhaps you should try your tricks with clean balls?
As a proffesinal, this you should be able to do with ease? What if you couldn't use wax, or the room owner says use my clean balls, when you go and put on a show. I am sure, being the proffesinal that you are, you would adjust to the conditions, and put on one hell of a show, AS MOST PROFFESINALS WOULD DO and have done with clean balls and tables.

To LAURA and friends,

Ball cleaners are excepted WORLD WIDE.

Places like, Steve Mizerak has my ball cleaner in his new room in West Palm Beach Flordia, The BILLIARD CONGRESS of AMERICA [BCA],also owns my ball cleaner that they use at "ALL" of there tournaments, they have 67,000 plus members. Take the PRO-PLAYERS like, Hall, Segial, Rempe, Mathews, Reyess, Archer, DiLiberto, Strickland, Dennis, Ralph, Luait, Varner, Nat Green Searing,Kennedy, and all the rest of the pro-players DEMAND that the balls are clean.
This "DOES" improve them "running" out on you. Can you imagine hitting a ball and it not going the intended direction, because it had a film of wax or build up of dirt on it. The wax would cause the ball to "throw" when you didn't expect it. Not all bars or rooms have cleaners, as a result, we have all hit balls and seen them skid, squrit and slide when they should of went straight. The reason this happens is because of a film of dirt or build up being dirty and also a dirty table.. Think about it. [Maybe we should also, never clean the table ].

As far as only waxing one ball or any ball, I say, [BS]. Clean all the balls, so all are equal when struck. They will all react the same way every time.

The men's pro tour has excepted "clean over dirty" for years now.

My freinds I mentioned before, have been refered to, as a bunch of pro 9-ballers as if they don't know anything, or refered to as if they were trash.[B___ S___ again].

I assume that some folks have and like dirty balls, period. My question to all of you is, HOW IN THE WORLD, COULD ALL OF THE CHAMPIONS OF POOL, be so wrong. Amateure's alike expect clean balls.

Doing TRICK SHOTS, is a lot different from playing good solid pool. Trick shots do take a lot of playing and practice no doubt, but let us face it, they are set up trick shots for the most part, with the exception of a few MASSES shots.[ Not trying to take anything away from you folks who work hard at do these trick shot shows] for pool players.

Playing great position and making great shots is in fact an art of it's own. My good friend Buddy Hall has done "shows" for many years. He will not do trick shots, period. He says, they are just that, "trick" shots and that's all. When he goes to do his "SHOWS" [world wide] he plays with the pool-rooms customers and gives a clinic on how to play the right way. He teaches pool and shows whoever how to do things to improve his or her game.

DIRTY or CLEAN?????

It makes one wonder why, all of the major tournaments in the world, have ball cleaners on site for cleaning pool balls during competion. This include the US OPEN, The BCA's tournaments, The Tokyo Open, The APA tournaments, with over 217,000 member strong, Jay Helforts tournaments out of California, Rino's tournaments, Mr. Matt Braun's, $50,000.00 winner take all, Challange of Champions, [ dirty balls on TV with a nice clean table, this will never happen], 3 cushion tournaments, Clicks billiards, Barney's pool rooms, Dave and Busters, Boston Billiards, Shooters, The Night Deposit in Clarksville, Tenn., Golden 8-ball, and so on. I could name hundereds more. I have sold over 6,000 of these in the last 25 or so years. I guess my customers are wrong, they need dirty balls to make a go of it.

Can you imagine a golfer or baseball player using dirty balls? Of course this is POOL and dirty makes it ok. [B___ S___ again].

FL, may wax his cue ball for it to do certain things, [tricks], but it's a fact, that wax will attract dirt and grime. I can't imagine a pro having only one ball on the table being close to clean much less applying wax on it. He or she would look like a fool in person or on TV, for sure.

As stated before, clean balls are better than dirty balls. I guess that's why they invented [SOAP].

It all comes down to one thing, do you want to learn trick shots, or do you want to improve your pool game?

To answer a few e-mails questions,
Yes, I did sell my ball cleaning company a few weeks ago. The new owners have been trained by my wife and me. It will still be a great product for those of the pool world who care to have a great place to play, with clean balls.

[My wife is now retired and doing her thing in the garden, and God Bless her].

BY THE WAY, THE BLUDWORTH BALL CLEANER is built in TEXAS, by AMERICAN'S and made with 100% AMERICAN MADE PRODUCTS. [Nothing like to other one mentioned in an eariler thread which was made in Korea, that has no gurantee, except in KOREA].

Don't know about some of you folks, but I support AMERICA and AMERICAN's. [CHEAPER IS NOT ALWAYS BETTER].SO LONG.......

Many thanks to all who have clean table to play on, and clean balls to boot.

Blud

blud

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi Larry and others,

The "ballstar" that was mentioned is made over there in Korea.[ over-seas]. It only accomadates 8 balls at a time. It is less expensive than mine. However you get what you pay for. I have had several "new customer" who have complained that, the Ballstar, do not last very long. They switched to mine. It has an excellent record.

My cleaner will accomadate all 16 balls , the big bar box cue ball and 3 cushion balls, including snooker balls.[16 plus 6]

My ball cleaner has a built in timer that lets you clean the balls from 15 seconds up to 3, 4 or even 5 minutes. Where you come up with 15 to 30 minutes is way beyond me.

Most cleanings take about 30 seconds. I recomend a POLISH instead of wax. I use and recomend a product made for the materials that the balls are made of.[ put johnson wax or ball wax in your hand and go outside and pick up some loose dirt. Use my polish on your hand it's not sticky and you will not have any dirt stuck to you hand as you will with wax. It's POLISH, NOT WAX.......

As for Chalks Billiards comments,

That's 90,155 cleaning jobs [ over 1,442,480 balls cleaned] and done with my ball cleaner. Quite an impressive record. .Your ballstar will not hold up to that. [Bet all you can muster up, pal]........

Do you really think he has waisted his time doing this for "HIS" place of business along with countless others?

I was raised around pool-rooms that had simi-fair playing conditions, and I am very proud to say that I have made a little differance with some of my products and methods, that are used today world wide.

To Larry,

You said in your eariler letter, just "STEAL" a towel from the motel to clean your balls. PLEASE. [Use one to dry yours and leave it when you check out, pal].

Larry, is this good for our younger players or anyone to read? Is this image were to leave with whom ever?
I don't think so.

THE BALL CLEANER,

Yes, I do know what I am talking about, guys. This ball cleaner of mine has been a real good money maker for several years now. It's been the top seller for over 25 years. So what if we made good money with it. Were allowed. Were very proud too of added something good to pool and billiards world wide. I do know about what is best for the balls. Not all folks will agree, with my statements, and that's fine. Bust your butt for over 40 years putting something in our beautiful game, and your allowed to speak your peace.

I am Proud to be an American, and building American made cues, cue machinery and ball cleaners.

god bless one and all

blud

Bluewolf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Larry is very knowlegeable about all kinds of stuff related to pool. He has also been in my home and he is very entertaining.

So I will stay out of this and let you 'experts' squable.

Laura

blud

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi Laura,
I respect your reply.

THIS IS NO SQUABLE, AS YOU SAY.

I have written FACTS. I do not know Larry. I have been out here for 40 plus years. I have traveled for all these years off and on the road, averaging 80,000 plus miles a year, for several years. Never heard of him. He sound like a nice guy and also an interesting person.

I just know what we do and have done on the pro tour. His methods won't cut it on tour. That's all I am trying to say. He should say this is howit's done for "TRICK SHOTS" and not mis-lead anyone about how to or not to clean balls when playing our game.

I do have more experience than he, when it comes to taking care of equipment for the top players in the world. These are FACTS. I just don't think someone should voice there opinion on a subject when they don't know how it's done in the real pool world. He does TRICK SHOT SHOWS, we play proffesinal pool. There is a great deal of differance.

What is done with balls at a trick shot show, would not be allowed in pro pool. I guess all of the folks I have written about eariler today, are full of it.

WHEN IT COME TO PLAYING GREAT POOL OR DOING GREAT TRICK SHOTS AND YOUR WANTING TO UP GRADE YOUR PLAYING SKILLS AND LEARN TO PLAY BETTER, WHO WOULD YOU GO TO? A GUY WHO PLAYS ON TOUR WITH GREAT EQUIPMENT AND SKILLS OR SOMEONE WHO DOES NOT?

If I were to want to increase my skills, I would go to the folks who know best, how to play proffesinal pool, and get there opinion that's all.

I would like to see one of his shows sometime in the near future.

Thanks for your time, Laura

Blud

T

tshot

Mr. Blud.

You keep attacking Fast Larry and I see no reason why you should continue. Being from Texas myself, I have heard this expression quite often. “Beating a dead horse.” You keep doing it with no result. Now I have never heard of you. The difference between Fast Larry and yourself from what I can see is he does give you a place, his website, to check out his credentials. After going through the whole site, it’s pretty impressive.

“A GUY WHO PLAYS ON TOUR WITH GREAT EQUIPMENT AND SKILLS OR SOMEONE WHO DOES NOT?” I think Larry pretty much qualifies. Don’t know about you but I’ve seen the Ripley’s cartoons for a long time. Where is yours showing your skill? Please post them as soon as you have them. You name-dropped a lot in your posts anyone can do that. On Larry’s site, he has the written proof along with the names. I guess my point is, Larry pretty much backed his talk. I have seen nothing to show what you have done. Get that website up and your words might actually have some merit. Until then simmer down cause you ain’t proved anything. You keep attacking with nothing to back you up, so put up or shut up. This is a web forum, if you talk trash, be prepared to back it up. Larry did come to the point it’s a choice, clean them or don’t. You will always have a market for what you made, if no other reason than the neat freaks in this world.

Bluewolf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
blud said:
Hi Laura,
I respect your reply.

THIS IS NO SQUABLE, AS YOU SAY.

I have written FACTS. I do not know Larry.
Blud

Not only has Larry been in my home, but I have talked to him a lot and he has never told me anything that was not 'on'. While I am not super experienced, my husband who is experienced also agrees with what Larry has told him. With that in mind, there is not reason for us not to believe him on this issue also. And of course, his website is impressive. I have also seen videotapes of him and articles writtien about him.

OTOH, this seems to be a disaggreement between you and him and really seems to be a battle between swaying the most people into believing in your respectability. That is why said that you two can sort it out, in other words. Larry did mention names but the sense was different. If I remember correctly, he said talk to these people to see what they say.

Personally, I do not see the point in a ball cleaning machine,but if an establishment wants to clean their balls and wants to clean them fast, I can see why they might use a piece of equipment such as that.

I am not going to clean mine other than ocasionally with a cloth because the pool halls where I play in league do not clean theirs on a regular basis.That just eliminates one more variable. I still have the variables of faster cloth, deader rails, etc to deal with when I go from my home table to theirs. That is hard enough , also the pockets throw the balls out, where my pockets do not do this.

So to an individual pool player, I want as much consistency as I can.

As far as what the pros do, that does not affect me.

I would like to see your website though.

Laura

Last edited:

blud

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
TSHOT, your wrong, pal. I am not attacking Larry. I just stated facts. We don't wax our balls on the pro tour. I assume you think Mizerak, and the rest of us are all wrong. So be it. My site is www.bludworth.com...Most of my newer cues are not on the site.
thanks
Leonard "Blud" Bludworth

Zims Rack

Promoting the Cueing Arts
Silver Member
I would have to agree with blud on this one...I don't see this as an attack on fast larry. Fast larry is just stating the FACTS on how the Aritistic players prefer the balls and blud is stating the FACTS on how the pros prefer the balls. Blud has a long, long line of credentials on the pro circuit and if his method(s) have NOT been stopped, then obviously he knows what the PROS prefer and what works for them. I think between both blud and fast larry we ALL have learned quite a bit of information about CLEAN and DIRTY balls, take it for what it's worth and run with it! I have learned a lot from both sides, good job blud and fast larry for educating everyone on the differences of CLEAN and DIRTY balls.
...Zim

Zims Rack

Silver Member
Your welcome Blud! I can see why both blud and fast larry are strongly sticking to their beliefs. We need more representation like these two around the sport of Billiards. Best of luck to fast larry in Texas, wish I could be there to see you and blud dispute which is better BUD LIGHT or MILLER LITE!! HAHA!! That's supposed to be a joke!
...Zim

Zims Rack

Silver Member
fast larry, that is so true! Nature of the beast will get you every time! I personally prefer the light shade of green MASTER chalk. It's a light color that doesn't stain the shaft as easily as blue or black. However, I don't mind using blue MASTER chalk, I just keep wiping my shaft with a clean towel.
...Zim

Bluewolf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Blud, I hope you do get to meet Larry. He is not just knowlegeable, he is so much fun. He kept my husband and I in stitches while he was at our house!

Laura

blud

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello Laura, I look forward to meeting him and also having a few cold-beers with him. We all can learn from one another.

Blud

blud

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is to TSHOT,

I personally think your out of line with your comments, [put up or shut up], along with your remarks about[ freaks]. And then you speak of merits.PLEASE. However we will excuse you for not knowing about us and our company.

I have not and will not knock Larry or anyone else. I apologize if you took it wrong. I never meant to knock Larry. I just stated my opinion, period, as he did his.

I have been in this game for over 40 plus years.
Doing my job for the top players in the world was not sweeping the floor, [but if it needed to be swept, I would of done it]. I was responsible for there lively-hoods. If the equipment wasn't installed right or something happened, it was my pay-check that didn't come.

I was very honored to do my part, for the tour. And I was darn good at it, or I would not of held that possition.

My duties were many, from meeting with the hotels convenction folks, laying out how the tables would be set up, along with designing the entire lay out for the complete tournament area, and seeing that all went smooth for the top guys in the world. I had to submit a floor-plan to the city, and fire-marshals office's for approval and then receive the proper permits from all of the officals.

I quit the pro-tour and soon after was hired by Hall of Famer, Mr. Steve Mizerak for his senior Tour doing the same job..I hold that possition today, sir. I have built the sets for live and taped 9-ball and 8- ball for TV, and so on.

I stated my opinion, just as Larry did his. Larry and I both know it and we respect each others opinions. My record speaks for it's self, as I am sure Larry's does.

I deal only in facts.

I will name drop all I want. I use there names with truth honesty and to make a point. There's nothing wrong with that, in my opinion, sir. I only state FACTS.

My web site is WWW. bludworth.com , I do not need to advertise my skills. I am known for what I have accomplished in the past. I don't need a pat on the back. I don't have a big ego problem like some folks do.

My web site is small and to the point. I could have 50 or more pages, but I don't need to advertise in that way. I have been building and selling my cues for 25 plus years, and have went to many tournaments, and have sold out all but two tournaments. Once I returned home with 3 cues out of 47, and the other I came home with 7 out of 62 cues. And those 7 were sold the day I got home.

I agree with Larry, this thread needs to stop.

blud
PS, TSHOT, come visit us here in Leakey, Texas, just 100 miles east of San Antonio, on HWY 83n. We will put you up for a few days.

My wife is a GREAT COOK, [ world class fried chicken ] Name dropping again, just ask Mike Seigal, Mike Massey, Buddy Hall, Danny DiLiberto, Belinda Compos to name a few.. Just a great cook she is.. [I don't do to bad in that spot either]. All veggies come out of our graden, with no chemicals ever put on them. Fresh yard eggs, every day. If you leave here hungry, it's your fault.
Come visit my shop and see first hand how cue machines, ball cleaners and cues are built by me and my wife. We have sold the Ball Cleaning company, however, the new owners are building them here under our supervission, until they get a good hold on it.

We could play some pool and drink a few beers. Maybe Larry will be here at the same time and put on a show for all of us? we will put you up also Larry. We have two guest houses.

Zims Rack

Silver Member
and that concludes this thread! Hopefully all of you readers enjoyed the detailed messages by everyone about "Polishing Balls" and someday we'll see a thread about "whos chicken's better, blud's wife or the Colonel?" hahahah!!! Thanks blud and fast larry again for the experience and advice shared to all!!!

...Zim (where's my chicken?)

Zims Rack

Silver Member
blud- I'll definatly keep in touch! I'll be back in the States this December and will be living in ILLINOIS, just outside of St. Louis and should be there a few years before moving on to another State/Country! I'm looking forward to doing a little business (hopefully a lot) in the near future.

..Zim