Polishing Balls

KingCarom

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
FL-

I have been all over the US as well, and have eaten at many BBQ establishments. There are alot of good ones out there.....

But nothing, nowhere, compares to the BBQ I have right in my own backyard. I have been to Texas, Louisiana, and all the other BBQ hubs...nothing else compares to their BBQ brisket and BBQ Pork sandwiches.

The name of the place is Dixies BBQ in Bellevue, Washington. Home of the "The Man" Sauce. Aside from their fabulous BBQ sauce, they make some mean, ...no really mean hot sauce that could peel paint off the wall.

It is exactly as you have described the other good BBQ places you have been to. Old, kinda run down, sits next to the freeway in an obscure part of an otherwise beautiful city.

Anyone else ever Met the Man?

While writing this I did a little search on Dixies, here are some results.

http://tom-tom.com/travel/bbq.html

Big Dave

Pool Hack!!!
Silver Member
Polishing Balls - An appropriate name for this thread... Don't you think?

Guys... Please don't give up on this thread... It's just too interesting, and I'm on a diet and don't want to talk about BBQ food!

Fast Larry... I'm confused... Are you telling me that my brand spanking new Super Aramith Pro (special TV colour) balls won't work properly because they're too clean... How can I make them dirty, really quick... I want them to play well, right now!

Zims Rack

Promoting the Cueing Arts
Silver Member
Big Dave- Not trying to be rude here, but did you reall ALL of the threads posted by blud and fast larry? If not, please do! You will get all your questions answered! If you did, then by all mean....
LET THE GAME BEGIN, again!

...Zim

Cardinal_Syn

Julz
Silver Member
i would have thought that having clean balls is better cause it'll be more consistant with the rolls....so i'm still confuse why you think (Fast Larry) 'dirty' balls are good. Although i do agree with you with the towel, why spend alot of money on a machine when you can whipe it yourself.

LAMas

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A few years ago I traveled to Ft. Benning in Columbus, GA but didn't shoot any pool but I had a so so fried Catfish and BBQ salt and pepper beef and pork ribs where the sauce was in bottles on the table both yellow and red - I'm not used to the yellow mustard sauce and the red was OK.

I also like Chinese BBQ pork ribs that come in the Pu Pu Platter or as an appetizer.

Here in CA Santa Maria is famous for their large slabs of salt and pepper BBQ ribs and steaks - sauce is optional.