Pool Ball Collecting.

K2Kraze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Very nice! Post up a pic or two of you have the chance - we'd love to see your treasured find - mom and pop shop style. Classic!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member
Embarrassed to say, but I forgot about these, as they are also part of what my grandfather used as part of his daily "players". Not sure but I think they are cue balls. I'm positive that one of the experts in this thread can tell me what they are.

picture.php

just as an FYI... I know the metal thing is a bridge. It was Grandpa's so it sits in a place of reverence.

If they're 2 1/4 inches, they're cue balls, and the dark one is probably made of bakelite, popular several decades ago. If they're larger than 2 1/4 inches, they could be carom balls, but still bakelite for the dark one, I believe.

All the best,
WW

spktur

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Embarrassed to say, but I forgot about these, as they are also part of what my grandfather used as part of his daily "players". Not sure but I think they are cue balls. I'm positive that one of the experts in this thread can tell me what they are.

picture.php

just as an FYI... I know the metal thing is a bridge. It was Grandpa's so it sits in a place of reverence.

It is a really nice little display with a lot of memories I'm sure. What I suspect you have is a standard weight or maybe a little lighter weight cue ball in the white ball and then a little heavier weight break ball in the darker cue ball. Back in the day this was not unusual. After the break the balls were switched out.

Scratch85

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Pro TV Cup.JPG

Not sure if the pic is attached. But this is the TV set I purchased. Wondering if they are an older set they have had for some time.

It's sideways but at least it made it on the post!

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
View attachment 437288

Not sure if the pic is attached. But this is the TV set I purchased. Wondering if they are an older set they have had for some time.

It's sideways but at least it made it on the post!

The numbers look right....and the box looks right.
I've bought a few sets of them.

You're getting a great bargain.

K2Kraze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Oh yes, those are authentic from what I see in the pic - box and all. You found a real gem of a bargain there, Scratch. Congrats!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

K2Kraze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here is another pic of the Easy Read ball set I posted a short while back - advertised as the EZR v1 Ball Set on the box. I faintly remember these and there being another version this same large print format (thus the v1 designation) but I a, unable to locate any other details. Time for walk through the Billiards Digest back issues for a display ad...

Distributed by DFS International out of Houston with a small patent pending sticker affixed to the ball box. Anyone have any other information to share on this set?

29db8b32f37b3a97d34a52877a82a705.jpg

K.

fa039afd1a1b163048fc9996d4622fed.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
Quite an interesting and eclectic collection you have there, Cuebuddy - I certainly enjoy your thread offerings and can only imagine what your display of intriguing oddities must look like and the questions guests must ask

What is the size of the lighter? And have you tried it?

What else are you holding out on us - or are you trying to spread things out within the thread like a few guys I know of

K.

Yes I have tried it and it works! The ball measures about 1.75" and the flame less the a quarter of an inch. Showing everything at once is not my style, you won't get rid of me that easily.:p

Here is a scull that was bought for me from a friend, this picture is from the website that it was purchased from. Mine disappeared from a show where I was displaying my miniature cue collection. I may try to carve my next one myself.

Attachments

• IMG_8977_1024x1024 (1).jpg
    IMG_8977_1024x1024 (1).jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 659

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
My collection also has a few of these old Break balls. I assume they were used for the break shot to save the Ivory cue ball from being damaged.

Attachments

• IMG_0205.jpg
    IMG_0205.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 593

Rubik's Cube

Pool Ball Collector
Silver Member
Good afternoon, gentlemen.

I wonder if I might seek your collective advice and opinions, please?

The two photographs shown below are advertised as authentic Duramith Tournaments (the TV Pro Cup version). I'm by no means certain, but harbour some slight concerns that they might not be genuine Aramiths and could possibly be good copies from China.

K2K posted up pictures of his beautiful set earlier on the thread and, to my eye at least, there are a couple of differences that gives me pause before making quite an expensive purchase.

1) The white number spot appears a little fuzzy around the edges whereas K2K's set are crisp and clear.

2) The numbers themselves also seem slightly larger and not centred perfectly in some cases.

3) The seller has more than ten sets of these available, brand new and unused, at the price of £155 Sterling (approximately $190 USD) which is significantly cheaper than the normal retail price.

So, gentlemen, are my fears unfounded? I have absolutely no evidence whatsoever to suggest that the seller is anything other than honourable so I don't wish to malign anyone unfairly by posting up a link. I'm probably just being too suspicious, no doubt, and the balls are a bargain, but would very much appreciate your thoughts.

Best wishes,
RC.

htd7j9.jpg

4q1tnt.jpg

K2Kraze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Where does the seller say he's from , RC? And where are they being shipped from?

Rubik's Cube

Pool Ball Collector
Silver Member
Good afternoon, K2K.

I hope you are well, sir. :)

The seller and the balls are in Stockport, England. I'm probably being far too cautious, but they don't look quite so nice as your Duramith Tournaments to my eye. It might just be the photograph, of course!

Perhaps you could reprint your set for comparison?

Best wishes,
RC.

Rubik's Cube

Pool Ball Collector
Silver Member
I've sent you the link by private message, K2K. :)

Many thanks again for such generosity in sharing your time and expertise, sir. It really is most appreciated.

K2Kraze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
b1f307ffa685352023990171ade584ca.jpg

Here is a quick pic of my Tournaments using the iphone just a moment ago, RC --- I'm seeing almost identical characteristics between the pics you posted and what I'm seeing on my non-TV set. Font size and ball details are near perfect. It could be the photos you have of the ones in question OR they could be stock photos and you'll get something different from the seller - that is a steal of a price. Well below any wholesale price for our dealers in the US per my good friend Albert who owns the store nearest me. Perhaps the seller just needs to unload them for fast cash flow.....and thanks for the reminder ---- I have a set of these on order as I write this. One TV set I don't have in The Collection. Yet

Hope that helps!

K.

skip100

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If he's got a big batch all priced below the market, it sure sounds like they are fakes.

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Howdy K2K and Ruby! I just thought of something I've been wondering about and figured yall are the go-to's with anything balls.

It's been a bit now ( maybe a year or a little more ) but I ran across a set of " chrome " ball sets. Initially I saw it on one of those " Kickstarter " type pages. Supposedly these guys came up with and patented the process to chrome plate " phenolic " or whatever regular pool balls are made out of. It is also was supposedly a durable enough of a finish to be able to be used without damage Some time after that they said they were able to fulfill the initial 10 or 50 or 100 sets ( whatever the # ) limited edition to those that initially put up the money on Kickstarter and we're about to ramp up production and we're about ready for retai, sales. Anyway that was quite a long time ago and then just heard nothing more. Just curious because while I had no intentions of playing with them, I did want them for display and also turning them into shift knobs for my car, truck and boat. Thanks for any info yall may have! CHEERS!

Rubik's Cube

Pool Ball Collector
Silver Member
Many thanks indeed, K2K. Seeing both pictures together for comparison certainly is a great help, sir.