Pool Ball Collecting.

Rubik's Cube

Pool Ball Collector
Silver Member
Good afternoon, gentlemen.

We're all accustomed to a figure 8 on our black balls, or even a 7 when playing snooker with Aramith's numbered set perhaps, but a perfectly formed 3 is surely much rarer.

I'm at a loss to explain how or why this little beauty was made, but await the answer with confidence and anticipation from some knowledgeable fellow enthusiast on the forum.

Best wishes,
RC.

2h6xbpf.jpg

ceebee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
here is a picture. The balls came with the Table I purchased.

Attachments

• Pool Balls sm.jpg
    Pool Balls sm.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 468

K2Kraze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello, Rubik's Cube - that's a mighty fine find of a unique BLACK 3 Ball you have there...where in the world did you acquire such a rarity?

I've seen Blue, Yellow, White, Green, Striped, Starred, Camouflaged, Hearted, Diamond-encased, Roman-Numeralled, Cow-Patterned and even Leopard printed 3's but never a Black 3 ball. Do you have two of those by chance? Don't tell me you have an entire set of all Black numbered balls!

Sorry to report I have no more information to this oddity, but I suspect you're holding out on us and will reveal its origins forthwith, sir

The quest for unique and unusual continues....great post, Rubik's!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

K2Kraze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
here is a picture. The balls came with the Table I purchased.

May I suggest posting these beauties up in the For Sale section, sir, at a steal of a price with shipping included and you're sure to pass them along to a deserving home where they will be tended to for the next generation. Send me a PM with more details of their condition along with your price and perhaps I'll take them off your hands and donate them to a deserving young lad....just a thought.

K.

Rubik's Cube

Pool Ball Collector
Silver Member
Hello, Rubik's Cube - that's a mighty fine find of a unique BLACK 3 Ball you have there...where in the world did you acquire such a rarity?

I've seen Blue, Yellow, White, Green, Striped, Starred, Camouflaged, Hearted, Diamond-encased, Roman-Numeralled, Cow-Patterned and even Leopard printed 3's but never a Black 3 ball. Do you have two of those by chance? Don't tell me you have an entire set of all Black numbered balls!

Sorry to report I have no more information to this oddity, but I suspect you're holding out on us and will reveal its origins forthwith, sir

The quest for unique and unusual continues....great post, Rubik's!

Good afternoon, K2K. :)

Oh, how I wish something was held back for a grand denouement but, alas, it's not the case.

Even where or how this strange little fellow came into my possession is clouded in distant memory, all I can say with certainty is that I've looked after him with great assiduity for nearly thirty years.

If you don't know the history, sir, it's probably a very rare ball indeed!

Best wishes,
RC.

K2Kraze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The quest is worth equal the treasure. I'm on the hunt....

Mr. Bond

Orbis Non Sufficit
Gold Member
Silver Member
I wonder if that 3 is from a "3ball" set, but I've never seen a "3ball" set sold as such.

Interesting nonetheless.

Mr. Bond

Orbis Non Sufficit
Gold Member
Silver Member
This magic 8ball has a customized modification. There's a kaleidoscope inside.
Ya can't play pool with it, but it's fun to look at LoL

It's also autographed by the person who modified it. Someone named B. Bensley ...

20161020_125842~2~2.jpg

20161020_125445~2.jpg

Rubik's Cube

Pool Ball Collector
Silver Member
Fantastic, Mr Bond!

What a wonderfully exotic and interesting collection of balls, sir. I love that 7 and 3/4 black ball.

Many thanks indeed for sharing, it's very much appreciated.

Mr. Bond

Orbis Non Sufficit
Gold Member
Silver Member
My pleasure sir.
The seven was special made for Charles Ursitti's 7 ball game, which he "invented" to be good for tv.

Rubik's Cube

Pool Ball Collector
Silver Member
Hello, everyone. :)

Here's another offering from my pool ball collection. Seldom seen these days, it's a Michelob Amber Bock black ball.

Best wishes,
RC.

2qtcvo1.jpg

K2Kraze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello, everyone. :)

Here's another offering from my pool ball collection. Seldom seen these days, it's a Michelob Amber Bock black ball.

Best wishes,
RC.

2qtcvo1.jpg

I envision an evening game of Blackball, sir, with the winning set receiving a bottle of ice cold Amber Bock to celebrate the victory.

Is this ball part of a set or a lone wolf?

Has she been played or are you holding out for a special event, Rubik's? I've got the ice and table ready

K.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Rubik's Cube

Pool Ball Collector
Silver Member
It's another lone wolf, sadly, K2K.

And never played, of course, you know how persnickety I am about such things, sir! :)

Rubik's Cube

Pool Ball Collector
Silver Member
I have the quite common 8 ball and 9 ball with the Camel logo to post up, Mr Bond, but there does exist at least one full set out there somewhere.

I saw a set once, about twenty or thirty years ago and, much to my dismay, was unable to purchase it. I've been searching for another ever since.

Don't tell me you have them, sir! I would be mighty impressed indeed.