Pool Ball Collecting.

Floyd_M

"Have Cue, Will Travel"
Silver Member
Many thanks to everyone showcasing all the various pool balls out there. As a relatively new collector, I would be lost on my hunt for unique pool balls without the information shared here. You guys are awesome.

Here's a no number ball set I stumbled upon a couple weeks ago. I am unable to find any information at all on this. Does anyone own a set? Super Aramith Pro EX.
Screenshot-20200609-082552-Chrome.jpg
You find any others like it?
IF you were to sell that set, price? PM me.

Floyd_M

"Have Cue, Will Travel"
Silver Member
I'm glad everyone is enjoying those Dynasphere Tungstens and that I didn't steer you wrong.

But back to the gumballs and cleaning. I was wondering if anyone has noticed dark speckles on the yellow-green ball? I suspect this is some mold/mildew, as the box I received was moderately covered in mold/mildew. I tried the Aramith cleaner and even a little of the restorer but haven't had any luck removing these speckles. I'm thinking about a soak in vinegar, but I'm worried that it could damage the ball. Any thoughts on this?
I know, old post.
If you take a strong magnifying glass of double your readers you might find the specks are embedded beyond the surface. That would make it production issue or how that batch is made. Whereas molded bathroom sinks impart specks on purpose to hide marks, maybe that's what they're trying to do here.

ChuckJones1987

Registered
What was that gentleman's name?
Hi Floyd. His name was Mr. Bianchi from France.

I contacted Chevillotte company and they sold me what they said was the last Caroompool set they had. The rest of these Carompool sets from the early 2000s are out there in the wild. Good luck!

As for the no number Aramith balls, I don't own that set and could not find any information on them at all other than that photograph.

Floyd_M

"Have Cue, Will Travel"
Silver Member
Hi Floyd. His name was Mr. Bianchi from France.

I contacted Chevillotte company and they sold me what they said was the last Caroompool set they had. The rest of these Carompool sets from the early 2000s are out there in the wild. Good luck!

As for the no number Aramith balls, I don't own that set and could not find any information on them at all other than that photograph.
The reason for asking his name, decades ago I devised up a carom game sort of similar to his. My game has more ways of obtaining points and the games end point is either set point finish (whatever players deem) or down to the last ball on the table.
Since acquiring my first PC in 1996, I've searched A LOT and find nothing similar to my game... actually games.

I've also searched over the years for many of the pictured ball sets in this thread. Now I understand why there's none found, discontinued years ago. In the meantime I'm acquiring colored blank balls to build up some sets. As it is now I'll either acid etch or (more likely) micro-laser the numbers into the surface. Nothing beats molded in numbers. Hummm, router & Resin??? Probably not, I've seen balls badly chipped.

Floyd_M

"Have Cue, Will Travel"
Silver Member
JUST acquired my set of 21. Now to make up some games.
HUMMMmmm...
"Traffic Jamb 21 Ball" (use 9 Ball rules)
"21, race to 6" (1+20=21 ... 3+18=21 etc. Each pair = 1 point)
'21 Rotation' ... (21 to 12 & 1 to 10 in rotation. 11 ball wins. Rules like 9 ball)
Etc. and so-forth and more.

21 balls.png

Rubik's Cube

Pool Ball Collector
Silver Member
Hello, gentlemen. :)

Sincere apologies for my recent absence from the thread. I hope to join in with accounts of my new acquisitions and discoveries with renewed vigour in 2021.

Here’s wishing all my collecting friends a wonderful Christmas and a safe, peaceful New Year.

jviss

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Has anyone ever heard of Harvard Billiard Balls? If so, worth pursuing?

Thanks,

jv

Floyd_M

"Have Cue, Will Travel"
Silver Member
In my searches I saw them also, looks like Premier quality (not Premium). The reflection isn't sharp. But they're playable just not as alive in action.
(update) Doing another search I see they're so-so easily scuffed.

Last edited:

jviss

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In my searches I saw them also, looks like Premier quality (not Premium). The reflection isn't sharp. But they're playable just not as alive in action.
(update) Doing another search I see they're so-so easily scuffed.
Thank you. I found what appear to be Brunswick Centennials in a Harvard box. Going to pick them up now.

jviss

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank you. I found what appear to be Brunswick Centennials in a Harvard box. Going to pick them up now.
Yes, indeed, a set of Centennials in a Harvard box for $20. Thrilled. Cleaning them now. They are quite dirty, but in excellent shape.

But, my hands are stained yellow now. What could that be, and how can I clean them? I'm using the Aramith Restorer and Cleaner, and the cloths are stained yellow, too.

jviss

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
on my 6' table, playing 8 ball is already a "traffic jam"
21 would be a pile-up 😬
I advocate scaling down balls and pockets, and rails as appropriate, with smaller tables. Scaling down linearly yours would have 1 1/2" balls, compared to 2 1/4" on a 9' table. I think it would play better, i.e., more fun.

Floyd_M

"Have Cue, Will Travel"
Silver Member
Yes, indeed, a set of Centennials in a Harvard box for $20. Thrilled. Cleaning them now. They are quite dirty, but in excellent shape.

But, my hands are stained yellow now. What could that be, and how can I clean them? I'm using the Aramith Restorer and Cleaner, and the cloths are stained yellow, too.
How did you get those Centennial's so quick?

spktur

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Nicotine from smoking in the room.