Pool Ball Collecting.

Meucciplayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I doubt I'll get that deal with a German address. Don't have APO so postage is gonna be twice as much as the balls themselves ...

ChuckJones1987

Registered
Hi guys. A few dozen of these Eagle 29 Color Ball Sets were recently uncovered in an abandoned storage unit. Would anyone here be interested in a set of these at $50 a set plus shipping. Total would be around $70-75.

Each set is unused and features an Eagle Cue ball, list of games, and a 16 ball rack.

AZB poster Bfriesth can vouch for me as I already sent a box of these balls to him

dIBn5dC.jpg

Ub4gnwu.jpg

bLcWVr7.jpg

933HQ93.jpg

cjr3559

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just got a new set of Aramith Tournaments and noticed the white colors in the stripe balls aren’t exactly the same from ball to ball. The 10 and 14 are bright white, the 11 appears the most off-white to yellow, and the others are somewhere in the middle of the spectrum. Even the ‘eyes’ in the solid balls are slightly off when comparing certain balls to each other in the set.

Is this normal for a set of this tier (or any price point for that matter) or was quality control a little off? First world problem of course, as they play great.

In the meantime I have a set of Centennials purchased a couple years ago and they are basically perfect.

mrpiper

Registered
At the price of this set, I would be sending them right back for a full refund and buy locally where I could look at what I was buying to be sure it isn't a foreign fake.

cjr3559

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
At the price of this set, I would be sending them right back for a full refund and buy locally where I could look at what I was buying to be sure it isn't a foreign fake.

If they’re fake I can’t tell from the packaging. It came with the Aramith shrink wrap, the brochure of authenticity, and the box, plastic tray with Aramith logo, and overall packaging is the same as my Aramith Black set. If there’s any difference in packaging, the Tournament set has glossy packaging while the Black set has a matte finish.

Incidentally these are the Tournaments in the classic colors, not the TV set, and we’re purchased from the same retailer as the Black set.

Maybe I’m being a bit too particular, but compared to my other sets it’s a little surprising to see.

mrpiper

Registered
If they’re fake I can’t tell from the packaging. It came with the Aramith shrink wrap, the brochure of authenticity, and the box, plastic tray with Aramith logo, and overall packaging is the same as my Aramith Black set. If there’s any difference in packaging, the Tournament set has glossy packaging while the Black set has a matte finish.

Incidentally these are the Tournaments in the classic colors, not the TV set, and we’re purchased from the same retailer as the Black set.

Maybe I’m being a bit too particular, but compared to my other sets it’s a little surprising to see.
Maybe not fake, but maybe a bad day at the factory in Belgium. They smoke a lot of weed over there don't they? LOL I hope you really enjoy the new set of Tournaments, but if not satisfied with the coloring and it isn't uniform, in that price range it just seems reasonable that they should be willing to replace them for you.

Do let us know what you decide... we are nosey! :)

cjr3559

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Maybe not fake, but maybe a bad day at the factory in Belgium. They smoke a lot of weed over there don't they? LOL I hope you really enjoy the new set of Tournaments, but if not satisfied with the coloring and it isn't uniform, in that price range it just seems reasonable that they should be willing to replace them for you.

Do let us know what you decide... we are nosey! :)
Decided to keep them. I’m being a little over the top particular with the whites. Maybe I should smoke a little weed too, it’ll take the edge off. 😄

I’ve been watching some footage using similar Tournament sets and closeup views show the whites aren’t 100% white from ball to ball, so it’s definitely me, not the set.

mrpiper

Registered
I'm dying to get my hands on that Eagle set. I can't tell you how often we've got more than a few people over and need to include more than 2 in the fun.
MEEEEE TOOOO!!!!!!!!! For all who may come to this forum in the future, Chuck Jones is an AWESOME fellow to do business with! I can't wait to see all of these cool colors flying around my table! Pics to follow...

mrpiper

Registered
I know a little about them. I've got a set. A guy was unloading a case of these on eBay last year. Supposedly, a newspaper ordered a case of these custom balls in brown houndstooth boxes from Hyatt for reasons unknown. I found an old Hyatt manager on LinkedIn who worked there during the time these were made but unfortunately, he had no info but did say they did quite a few special orders like this. Who knows. Here's the original shipping label from the case.

50686969472_da9b536d6d_c.jpg
I have seen a lot of interest in the origins of this set and wondered if anyone who owns them has tried to contact the newspaper that ordered them to see if anyone there might be able to help? tips@pilotonline.com

ChuckJones1987

Registered
Thanks guys :)

Got them all packed up and ready to ship. I'll drop them off for delivery tomorrow afternoon and you guys should have your new sets sometime this week.

A couple folks reached out that I haven't been able to get into contact with. I still have a few extra boxes up for grabs. Drop me a message on here or email me at Chuckjones1987@yahoo.com if you were still interested.

MEEEEE TOOOO!!!!!!!!! For all who may come to this forum in the future, Chuck Jones is an AWESOME fellow to do business with! I can't wait to see all of these cool colors flying around my table! Pics to follow...

Last edited:

mrpiper

Registered
Ok friends... here is some cool pool ball Nerdiness, and Billiard Acquisition Disorder relapse thanks to our very good friend Chuck! His generosity made it possible for me to buy enough sets to mix and match for years to come! Thank you so much Chuck the sets are awesome.

20210512_171012.jpg