Pool Ball Collecting.

ipoppa33

Shakedown Custom Rods
Silver Member
Finally got around to getting a couple pictures of an old set of Hyatt balls and a picture I picked up. Thanks for looking.
Hyatt box & cover.JPG

Hyatt balls1.JPG

Hyatt box cover1.JPG

Albany Billiard co1.jpg

The back of the pic-
Albany Billiard co2.jpg

Boxcar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great stuff! Thank you. I think the centerless grinding phase had two stages. I think this is Stage 1. The balls went from finished centerless grinding (virtually polished) to the buffing/polishing line and then to the boxes and out the door.

Rubik's Cube

Pool Ball Collector
Silver Member
The US Flag 8 ball, Mr F?

Apologies, sir, but you have stumped me with that one. Forgive me if we have talked about it before, but I have forgotten.

Floyd_M

"Have Cue, Will Travel"
Silver Member
Hey Floyd!

I think you have me confused with someone else! If you sold a US flag 8 ball, I may have just been the middleman for a friend
That got me stumped, so I searched my messages.
YUP, was someone else.
''Memories, woah woah woah memories.'' (Danny Divito - TAXI)

Thanks

Rubik's Cube

Pool Ball Collector
Silver Member
Boxcar won’t thank me for mentioning this, but he is one of the most knowledgeable historians of phenolic pool ball evolution I have ever encountered… and I’ve been in the business a long time.

Sincere thanks for being part of our little community here on AZB, dear fellow.

Rubik's Cube

Pool Ball Collector
Silver Member
Another awesome set, Mr B.

The plastic tray with the gulley underneath the balls reminds me of the style used by Aramith in the 1970s and early 1980s. What do you think, sir?

Also, and this is a wild guess, do you think this set might be larger than 2.25 inches and perhaps designed for Russian Pyramid? I only raise this, admittedly slim, possibility as a similar modern set exists. I’ll endeavour to find an image and post it up.

Rubik's Cube

Pool Ball Collector
Silver Member
My guess about the Russian Pyramids is probably wide of the mark as the number discs appear comparatively smaller against the larger balls, but perhaps still an earlier variant?

I doubt it, but just throwing the possibility out there.