Pool balls ID? & Brunswick Anniversary moving advice?

Ruston

Registered
The first pic is at an antique shop. They’re calling them Vintage Aramiths. Looks sorta like the Premier set to me. But the 6 seems to have a straight line under it. Asking $50. How does that sound?
The rest are all mismatched. All sorts of colors and number fonts in there. Is it worth picking through them to get a matching set? $20 each. Any advice would be appreciated.
Also picking up a Brunswick Anniversary soon! Any quirks to know about moving/disassembling this model? Having movers bring it to my garage. Will have it set up professionally down the road.

Attachments

• 278C61FA-B510-4FAA-9A18-DBDF62C14D56.jpg
    278C61FA-B510-4FAA-9A18-DBDF62C14D56.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 274
  • 522CB8AF-51B5-4D05-A189-7EE5A0462A09.jpg
    522CB8AF-51B5-4D05-A189-7EE5A0462A09.jpg
    183.6 KB · Views: 272
  • BE40CAD1-318F-4E6B-9671-69583EC87662.jpg
    BE40CAD1-318F-4E6B-9671-69583EC87662.jpg
    189.1 KB · Views: 268
  • D97FFBEE-84FC-404F-A2CE-789DE8C2B63B.jpg
    D97FFBEE-84FC-404F-A2CE-789DE8C2B63B.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 280

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would not buy those unless you have no other ball set and can't afford $150 for a new set. Those are in the "better than nothing" category.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I would not buy those unless you have no other ball set and can't afford $150 for a new set. Those are in the "better than nothing" category.
I think they are probably serviceable but $20 for the matched set is more reasonable and then donate them to the senior center that's currently using an old chipped set that has two fourteen balls and no three. Polish them up before you donate them.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think they are probably serviceable but $20 for the matched set is more reasonable and then donate them to the senior center that's currently using an old chipped set that has two fourteen balls and no three. Polish them up before you donate them.

I think the $20 price was per ball for the loose balls and it's $50 for a set.

I see some of the balls are the better quality sets with the serif numbers (like the 15, 3, 12,13,10 in the last picture), maybe a good idea to go through and try to make a matched set of those form the sets in the pile. One of the chain pool halls near me called Jillians had these mixed-up sets and the players would go through them once in a while to put together matches sets to use. Get them cleaned up and if they are not too scratched or dinged you have a good set of balls, those look like the Pro set which is now pretty expensive.

Last edited:

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I think the $20 price was per ball for the loose balls and it's $50 for a set.

I see some of the balls are the better quality sets with the serif numbers (like the 12,13,10 in the last picture), ...
The fake sets from China for $20 delivered to your house have serif fonts. At least one ball in there looks like an even cheaper Chinese fake.

Like these. Notice how they have copied the traditional Aramith box:

CropperCapture[499].jpg
I use balls like this for hobby projects.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If they're old poolhall balls they might be worn out. As for the table i'd message trentfromtoledo here on AZ. He's worked on these and will have your answers.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The fake sets from China for $20 delivered to your house have serif fonts. At least one ball in there looks like an even cheaper Chinese fake.

Like these. Notice how they have copied the traditional Aramith box:

View attachment 543646
I use balls like this for hobby projects.

Do those have that "soft blur" around the numbers like the real Pro balls do? I have noticed that the Pro sets the numbers are not super sharp, almost like they have a shadow around them.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Do those have that "soft blur" around the numbers like the real Pro balls do? I have noticed that the Pro sets the numbers are not super sharp, almost like they have a shadow around them.
I have seen some fakes that look very sharp on the surface. Not sure about the current crop.

Steve Dickey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nothing unusual on the move with the possible exception that the slates may be doweled, so be very careful when separating so as not to break the slate.