Pool Christmas?

Pii

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a question.

Tonight I?m waiting for the "cue of my dreams? and as I sit here contemplating its arrival in less than 12 hours I can hardly stand it. So in order to get it off my mind I decide to turn on the old TIVO and see what?s on. Well I couldn?t believe my eye but right there in front of me is 3 hours of heaven?YES the ?Hustler? was on my TIVO in all it?s black and white glory! On top of that, today I received a lovely new OB1 pool shaft and 11 DVD?s of some great TAR pool matches and also won a small nine ball tournament.

I'm literally feeling like a kid on Christmas morning.

All this lead me to wonder and perhaps you can help?.

Is there such a thing as Pool Christmas?

Has this ever happen to anyone else?

Well I?m off to bed?Santa?s on the way!

whitey2

Time Stand Still
Silver Member
Yes, you are not alone. I felt this way when I made it home safely with my (now) favorite cue in the world.

I was looking for this exact cue, for about 20 years, since a sale went bad. One of those
cues for sale, that was not really for sale, and it left a lasting bad taste in my mouth back then.

I was so happy, I was in an altered state of mind. I posted a link to a funny/touching
youtube video, that showed the enthusiasm of a young boy that was tap dancing!
And I even posted about the pool gods at Amsterdam Billiards. That's how happy I was.

I was even accused of smoking something, and told to put the pipe down!

Enjoy and cherish what you are feeling now. I hope everything meets your expectations, and
that the feelings last enough to remember them. In my case, that feeling was somewhat
shattered when I got laid off a few days later. It might have had to do with the fact that I
carried that cue into work, took it with me when I went out to lunch, basically not letting it
out of my sight at ALL. :)

Last edited:

mullyman

Hung Like a Gnat!
Silver Member
Ah, yeah, I'm giddy like that with any cue that I buy. I have a Mottey on the way right now that has me so ramped up I can't see straight. Still 3 or 4 days left on this one though so I need to ride the high. hehe!!
MULLY

Nine Ball

Certified Rail Tester
Silver Member
Pii said:
Well Santa just stopped by!

He tried to fool me by dressing like a Fedex employee but I didn't fall for it!

in case anyone is interested this is what he left me me

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=96975

It looks even better in person..

YOOHOOO!

You got excited on waiting for a Wal Mart cue? What's wrong with you man? :p :p

Nice cue.. Have fun at the pool room today and make sure you don't put any dings in that cue while playing.. :D

Pii

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nine Ball said:
You got excited on waiting for a Wal Mart cue? What's wrong with you man? :p :p

Nice cue.. Have fun at the pool room today and make sure you don't put any dings in that cue while playing.. :D

if I had ordered it from Wal Mart it would have had to wait 16 years. SO yes I was excited!

Yeah the cue is PERFECT and I'm going to be afraid to take it out of the case for fear of dinging it. But someone has to ding it up!

Later