Pool Cue at Airports

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
Is there any way to Carry-on Pool Cue and Case on the plane? I travel sometimes for work and I always take my Cue. Security always tells me to take it back to Airline and check it in under the Plane. I don't have an expensive cue, a Joss Sneaky Pete and a Break/Jump cue but if I had an expensive cue I might be leery of checking it in.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
How many times is “sometimes travel” and how many times is “aways take my cue”? We haven’t been able to carry on cues for over 20 years since 9/11 (Sept 11, 2001).

gerryf

I once boarded a plane with two very sharp serrated Henkel steak knives. We had a hurricane coming in and I was up most of the night putting up boards on the windows. I grabbed my computer bag for work and my suitcase and took off for the airport. I didn't realize the knives were in my bag until I was at my destination, sitting at a conference table.

**I did have a sneaking suspicion that TSA found the knives. One knife, they would have just stopped me, two knives is a conspiracy and they needed to determine who the other party was. I had a window seat and the middle seat was filled by a guy who was about 6'6" tall, ex-military. Every time I reached into my bag down by my feet he seemed to lean towards me just a bit. He read every text message I sent, (he even joked/apologized about doing so). My text messages were pictures of the boarded up windows and meme jokes about my cat being blown away by the upcoming storm.
The guy seemed to know the flight crew pretty well. He said he flew to NY all the time to take classes. But he also said he took classes at my university. The only professors he recalled were of a particular religion. I was thinking air marshal at the time, but I didn't think it had anything to do with me.
His story seemed a bit weird until I found the knives. Then it made sense. Like I said, one knife = stop, frisk, possibly arrest. Two knives equal conspiracy- find the other party on the plane.

The guy knew my entire story by the end of the flight. I think they just chalked it up to the absent minded professor getting 2 hours sleep before a flight.
One day noticed I had a boxcutter in my bag that i had forgotten about, but had been flying back and forth for over a year without anyone seeing it, including me.

Baby Huey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like many of you loved the past where we could take our cues on the plane with us. But today it isn't going to happen. Once going to DCC, I watched with horror sitting in my seat watching the baggage person HEAVING my cue into the airplane baggage compartment with all his might. I then found a suitcase large enough to hold my cues diagonally. That's what I use now. The "Pilot" Jim Tommasoni has a three piece carbon fiber cue that fits perfectly in a carry on bag. AND it has all the elements of a great cue: Hits like a ton, draws for miles and us user friendly. Bingo problem solved........LOL

gerryf

I like many of you loved the past where we could take our cues on the plane with us. But today it isn't going to happen. Once going to DCC, I watched with horror sitting in my seat watching the baggage person HEAVING my cue into the airplane baggage compartment with all his might. I then found a suitcase large enough to hold my cues diagonally. That's what I use now. The "Pilot" Jim Tommasoni has a three piece carbon fiber cue that fits perfectly in a carry on bag. AND it has all the elements of a great cue: Hits like a ton, draws for miles and us user friendly. Bingo problem solved........LOL
I worked at a place where we had to maintain our own water and sewage systems. I had my carpenter take a piece of 6" PVC sewer pipe, put a cap on one end, and a screw cap on the other, and gave that to some friends who were going to Vegas. They wrapped their cue case with bubble wrap and put them in the sewer pipe, and checked that as luggage. It worked well, and we made another for another group. Pretty difficult to damage a sewer pipe.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
I worked at a place where we had to maintain our own water and sewage systems. I had my carpenter take a piece of 6" PVC sewer pipe, put a cap on one end, and a screw cap on the other, and gave that to some friends who were going to Vegas. They wrapped their cue case with bubble wrap and put them in the sewer pipe, and checked that as luggage. It worked well, and we made another for another group. Pretty difficult to damage a sewer pipe.

Well that is good protection but baggage handlers do not care it they throw, drop, crush, or destroy your baggage. Because it is not theirs.

Many years ago my pop sent from Tampa to New Orleans, checked one bag that got destroyed in. Conveyer belt.

Airline got car took him shopping to replace all destroyed. Not in 2022, might get a we’re sorry.