Toadshot
Active member
Absolutely outstanding work. Like I said, you don’t learn to wrap like that overnight.Here are some of my rods I’ve done. I have done a few test wraps on a cue but never finished one.
Absolutely outstanding work. Like I said, you don’t learn to wrap like that overnight.Here are some of my rods I’ve done. I have done a few test wraps on a cue but never finished one.
With your combined (cue & rod) skills, you really should make something magical……I have done a few test wraps on a cue but never finished one.
With your combined (cue & rod) skills, you really should make something magical……![]()
I may, or may not, have a collaboration in the works with a carmaker. Problem is that we are both slow.
I want an STL 4 by the way.Bought this STL4 here that needs a wrap. This is going to be my new guinea pig. Should be a fun project.
Yeah I’ve seen that pic of those cues of yours here on the site before. Nice, and the Schon STL4 or 5 would fit right in.I want an STL 4 by the way.
For this collection. I have two more since I took this picture.
Thanks for posting these. Great examples and ideas……I have been looking at certain kinds of wraps for cue restorations. It is variegated, or segment dyed. I can't find such materials.
This thread topic made me think to ask here. Maybe the fly tying guys know something. Over the years there have been several materials used to produce a striped wrap.
What are these materials?
That's the rub. I assure you it is 100% clear the examples I posted are one continuous wrap of variegated or segmented dye textile.Thanks for posting these. Great examples and ideas……
Not sure what these materials are that were used back then but I wouldn’t think is actually variegated.
This type of wrap is fairly easy to anyone that wraps. Todays theads are much better IMO and color selection is endless.
Here is a couple examples of some rods i have done with that same type of wrap. Once again, by wrapping with thread, the options are endless.
My wheels are still spinning, but have lots of ideasView attachment 933836View attachment 933837View attachment 933838
Good to knowI assure you it is 100% clear the examples I posted are one continuous wrap of variegated or segmented dye textile.